“Beautiful setting for dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 52 Restaurants in Bled
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://www.slovenia.info/en/apartma/Apartmaji-Vila-Ajda.htm?apartma=32978&lng=2
“Beautiful setting for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely evening here, 10 of us were on a weekend away to celebrate my birthday & they were very accommodating. They put balloons up, decorated the table & gave me a huge bouquet of roses, just lovely. The food was excellent & the waiter made some very good recommendations. The portions are huge so thankfully we were warned about this & had some fantastic starters to share, best asparagus ever! We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner & they have the timings between courses just right so there is never a feeling of being rushed. It was not warm enough on the evening we were there to eat outside but that would have been the icing on the cake had we been able to do that. Don't miss this off your "Must Do" list whilst in Bled.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Neath, United Kingdom
“Didn't Even Get to Eat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Walked through the restaurant outside area on the way back from a gentle stroll looking for a nice place to eat for the evening. My wife and her mother were looking at the menu when my son my father in law and myself arrived shortly after only to be met by an irrate waiter waving a fly swatter demanding that my father in law put on his shirt as it wasn't a pub it was a restaurant. I fully appreciate that there needs to be a dress code but there is a way of asking politely. Manners go a long way in my book. I will definitely not be eating at this establishment. Having holidayed in bled for over 20 years we have never been spoken to by anyone like this before. I recommend the Mayer and Gostilina Pub to anyone coming to Bled, the food is fantastic and the service second to none. Don't bother with this restaurant, over priced and very very rude - not a true reflection of Bled.

Visited August 2013
Liege, Belgium
“Nice view but awful staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Spending some time in Bled, we decided to have dinner at Vila Ajda. At first sight, we were quite enthusiastic about our choice. The menu looked interesting and the view from the terrace is unbeatable. But...

The staff is just the most awful and rudest staff we've ever experienced! The guy was so impolite and unpleasant that after 20 min staying there, we decided to leave. So, unfortunately, we cannot tell anything about the food... If service matters for you, stay away from there

Visited August 2013
Essex, United Kingdom
“Good and Bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The location is great, with the lake just across the road. I asked for the frogs legs, but the friendly waiter recommended a more 'traditional' dish; veal and potatoes. I always like to go with local foods, so I agreed. The veal was delicious and huge!
My wife asked for rump steak, but the waiter suggested that rump is a poor, tasteless cut and suggested...veal! However, my wife declined that offer and said that she really did want the rump. This time, the waiter suggested roast beef with onions. My wife agreed and added a side of potatoes. Unfortunately, the beef was the toughest meat we have EVER had! I'm not kidding, I mean tough! The side of potatoes was huge and very tasty.
The cream cake was a poor second to another restaurant nearby.
We felt that the 90 Euros bill was a tad hefty, as we didn't have any starters or coffee. We did have a bottle of wine that was approximately 30 Euros.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dubai
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We sat outside on the terrace and had a lovely meal with a stunning view overlooking the lake. The service was superb, the pashminas and roses for the ladies was a lovely touch. Food was great and beer was nice and cold. Only gripe we had was that they charged 2 euros for ketchup to go with fries which seemed rather a lot!

Visited July 2013