“Top class oriental food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Papaya

Papaya
Foksal 16, Warsaw, Poland (Śródmieście Północne)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #155 of 1,093 restaurants in Warsaw
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Śródmieście Północne
bruges
“Top class oriental food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is not just an typical restaurant that serves oriental food, this is just great. The interior is classy and welcoming. Now the weather was good, so I could enjoy their terrace. The service was friendly and the staff stylish and outstanding. I tried the sushi, high quality and beautifully served. The Tiger prawns with garlic, which I had as a main were already seducing me with their aroma before the first bite. Not overdone as you often get them (because everyone thinks they can stir frie seafood!), but really juicy inside. As dessert I had the banana in a coconu cake. Don't understant this wrong: it's not a cake, but luke warm banana in a coconut pastry and really not a brick on the stomach. I can really only advise this place. By the way, Foksal is the street to be in Warsaw when the weather is good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
“Astonishly good food, excellent value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

A group of us stopped at this restaurant because they had an outdoor table large enough to accommodate us on a hot evening. Not a good reason to choose a restaurant, but there is seldom reason when dining with a group. We hadn't even looked at the menu before sitting down. After the meal, I took a moment to reflect, and realized we had an amazingly good meal.

All the dishes were outstanding. None of us tried sushi meals, so I can't comment on that part of the menu. I had the beef in panang curry, and it was delicious! Just the right mix of heat and flavour.

We were seated outside, along the road, so I cannot comment on the atmosphere in the restaurant. The street had little traffic, so the outdoor location was good, but of course not scenic.

I am surprised that Papaya is not listed under the Asian or Fusion restaurants in Warsaw. TripAdvisor is confusing when being used to search for a cuisine.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a trendy place to get some nice asian food.
Value of the food you get is very good.
Book a table at the "top" floor.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“Nice food and really nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I went to have a very late dinner in this restaurant while I was in Poland for the EURO.

the staff was really friendly even thought we came really late and were the last clients in the restaurant. They were also accomodating and went to check with the kitchen to make changes to dishes as my partner has allergies which is great as they dont always offer or say things are fine without checking.
the place is very well located, near the center and close to lots of bar. It was quite in the restaurant and we had very good food. The prices are very good and so is the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

located in 'trendy' foksal street,off nowy swiat,i had a very pleasant lunch with a friend for a reasonable price.reasonable menu choices and outdoor seating option.seemed popular with locals

Visited June 2012