“Never ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Garden Villa

Garden Villa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Warsaw
Garden Villa
You added Garden Villa to your Saves list
ul. Dolna 42, Warsaw, Poland   |
Ranked #108 of 115 Hotels in Warsaw
Riga, Latvia
“Never ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

When we booked this hotel, in pictures all looked much better than it is in real life! First surprise was that hostel is in front of mental hospital. It was quite strange to share courtyard with strange people in pyjams. Rooms was well painted, but beds where old and bed clothes also very poor. Showers are in coridor and without any lock - anyone can go and take a look while you are showering! All around hostel there where undervear left for drying. Near hostel big noise because of repairs. Room very hot! Atmosphere where terrible. We went to city. When we returned we see that in first floors kitchen some one celebrating something, there was a big party. It was impossible to sleep at night - everytime doors banging, screams etc. till ~5 in the morning... I was very lucky when we left, I better will sleep in my car next time instead of Garden "Villa"

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Business
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

we've been there for 2 nights only and thank God it was only this much.The room and the whole building in fact is very old, not renovated and has that old wooden smell.The toilet was on the corridor.One guy from staff was very helpful giving us quick and very good informations but i have to mention that another guy there was very rude to me.Since morning when i walked on the balcony to have my coffee, i saw the sign on the opposite building saying something related to hospital in polish and also people wearing some kind of pyjamas.The same day nite while we were having dinner, and i was in the kitchen, when i got back to the dinning room, my tripmate told me that someone at the window hospital was desperately waving hands.When i got there and tried to verify what she said, surprisingly, that person didn't come up again.So with all this picture in my mind, after we finished our dinner, i walked into the reception room and nicely asked the guy there if there was a hospital and what kind.I couldn't finish my say because another guy who was at the desk as well answered back in shouting manner taping his head with his index finger "it's mental hospital, mental hospital...is it so strange for you?" and then mumbling something in his own language to his workmate.I couldn't believe it, i felt like leaving that location straight away.Afterwards, i walked outside trying to calm down and have a beer in front of the hostel.But that place became spooky, i couldnt enjoy my beer, i went to bed very disepointed.I have to admit that the location of the hostel was in a quiet spot but in the above conditions it turned to be...too quiet.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Garden Villa? Share your experiences!