Unfortunately this hotel tries very hard, but sadly misses the mark. Let me start with the positive elements;
- the Classic room (lowest room category) is very compact, but I quite liked it, other colleagues in our group were not so impressed, however there is always the "mezzo" room category if you need more space
- the bed was very comfortable, I slept like a log
- the hot water in the shower blasted hot almost immediately
OK, so now for the not-so-great elements;
- this is a hotel struggling to find it's identity, is it "hip" (decidedly not), is it high-tech (no, the free wifi in the lobby is fast...in only certain areas, as soon as you switch to the Sound Garden Business wifi connection, it's slow, flakey and unstable)
- the "kiosk check-in" looks like a DIY back-yard project (I didn't even see it when I checked and the "human" checkin was fast, friendly and efficient) - my colleagues who did try the kiosk check-in complained that the kiosk didn't work and they ended up checking in at the front desk
- but here is the biggest disappointment for me, the service in the lobby dining areas, was just so poor (to be specific, having to ask 3 times for the same order, service with a grimace, etc).
To the defence of the hotel, the lobby restaurant is run by different management, which is fine, but when the entire stay experience is ruined by the consistently poor F&B service, then this becomes a problem for the hotel as well.
My feeling is that this hotel is catering for a local corporate Polish market and we were about 8-10 European guests, with different expectations and sadly on this occasion, disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are the first SMART (Saving time, Music - designed, Affordable, Responsible for environment, Trend - setting) hotel in Warsaw. Our offer includes only the services hotel Guests really expect. We invite you to relax your body in our soothing bed, refresh under powerful rain-shower, boost your energy with the Sound Bar buffet and check the fastest internet connection among hotels in the City. Convenient location between your office and the airport, quick self-check-in, and special Sound Garden Sound Selection will simply make your stay more enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Sound Garden Hotel Warsaw Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.