“A perfect base for exploring Warsaw.” 4 of 5 stars

Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koscielna 12, Warsaw 00-218, Poland   |
Ranked #6 of 115 Hotels in Warsaw
Melbourne, Australia
“A perfect base for exploring Warsaw.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

We stayed at the Mamaison Le Regina in Warsaw for 4 nights last July (2009). Overall, this is a nice hotel, with stern-looking but very helpful staff, good rooms and benefits from an excellent location.

Since this was our first trip to Warsaw, we aimed to stay somewhere befitting the 'boutique' title. We were not disappointed following others' recommendations of this hotel. Easy transfer was prearranged with the hotel - seemless check-in, nice, clean rooms, comfortable beds and helpful staff on hand in the lobby. The hotel is very near to the Old Town, so you can take a little walk and be surrounded by some of the lovely sites on offer in this great city.

The hotel has a (small) swimming pool and a decent sauna, which we used while we stayed - it is nice to have the option, compared to other boutique hotels that do not offer these services. These features were also very clean when we used them. The hotel has a restaurant, which serves plentiful portions of fusion cuisine. It is expensive but the staff are nice - I ordered two Irish coffees which took an age to arrive, the staff apologised and gave them on the house and made them 'generously', if you follow my meaning!

The hotel is located about 50 metres from a strip of lovely bars and eateries, I recommend you try these each night instead. Warsaw has that lovely, relaxed feel that accompanies European cities and its residents generally speak excellent English and seem to share the same sense of humour!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

This hotel was chosen by my client as a place suitable for a meeting where ambiance and atmosphere was an important consideration. It was well chosen. Located very near the (reconstructed) old square in central Warsaw old town, it is ideal for restaurants and sight seeing, whilst being only about 30 minutes from the airport in rush-hour (at least on the days I travelled). Reception were friendly and helpful with excellent English and my room was very comfortable and well appointed. I took room service and was impressed by the quality. The meeting room I used was a large bedroom without the bed and with the addition of various comfortable chairs. It served its purpose in an exemplary fashion. The room was even 'refreshed' at lunchtime (a detail often missed in other hotels in Warsaw). The snacks and drinks in the room were of a high standard.
Lunch was excellent - being both light (essential whilst doing business) and beautifully prepared. The lamb chops I had were very acceptable (if perhaps a tad over salted for my taste.) The service in the dining room was faultless. Breakfast, served in the same elegant room was ample and tasty with plenty of choice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

I had some difficulties to book this hotel because I wanted the Romantic package for one night and then a second night just the room including breakfast and the lady who I was dealing with insisted on giving me the rate for the Romantic package for the second night too, which does not make sense because I do not want in room dining twice or I need only once transfers from and to the airport. With the help of the hotelmanager I was finally able to book the room for the second night with just breakfast included.
When arrived the bottle of champagne was waiting for us just like strawberries with cream..pity the promised candles never arrived but that is just a small thing because all the rest was great! A beautiful room with a spacious sitting area then behind a room divider the bed a seperate toilet and the bathroom with a nice bath and rainshower. I almost forgot the balcony, with a nice view over the courtyard. Wifi internet is free and with a good reception.
First night we had a very good dinner in the old city which was recommended by the receptionist and in the morning we had room service breakfast which was included in the romantic package as was the dinner that we would have later that day..
We had made reservations at 8 for the in room dining and around that time our waiter for the evening showed up with a bottle of sparkling wine from Spain and he said he would be back for the starters..to make a long story short we had a lovely romantic dinner with matching wines and every course was served by our waiter who had to walk up one flight of stairs because of our room being on the top level without elevator.
After a good night we had breakfast in the restaurant downstairs and that was very good too.
Except from the check out I can not say anything negative! We had a great stay and loved Warsaw!
The check out was not so nice because there was a little discusion about the room service breakfast which was part of the Romantic package although the female receptionist denied that. It is not about the costs but I do not want to be charged for something that is included. Finally she deleted the small amount from the bill but did not even care to say goodbye or wish us a good and safe flight...
I emailed the hotelmanager because I think it ruins a nice stay when a receptionist can not stay friendly

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I went to Warsaw for a working session on this hotel, and is amazed by the service and the beautiful rooms in this hotel. Close to the "old" part of town.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

chose this hotel over the meridien bristol this time around to be closer to where i was working (3 minute walk vs the 15 minutes for the bristol).
good things first: was able to check in even though i arrived early on a sunday, hotel is very well designed in shades of brown. room was a perfect size for one person with queen size bed, desk, flat screen tv and large closet, but a bit narrow (bathroom door hit the bed when opened all the way). bathroom was best part of the room - large tub, rainfall showerhead, nice amenities. breakfast was included in my rate, so i took advantage of it and was quite good (many vegetarian options!). also had dinner in the hotel the first night there, and it was excellent (salmon tartare amuse-bouche and potato-crusted cod). wireless internet in the hotel room is free and was a very good connection.
not as good things: gym is laughable - 1 old stationary bike with a seat that cannot be adjusted (so was too high for me!), 1 old stairmaster, and some free weights - all laid out on the pool deck rather than in its own area. pool looked very nice but too small to swim laps. hotel is not smoke free, although my room was. however, i could not sit in the lobby as it was very smoky. in general, hotel employees seem very good and unobtrusive, although maybe a bit distant. in my room, the one complaint is the lights are not bright enough! even with all the lights on, it was still difficult to do any work (had 2 large windows but december in poland isn't very bright!)
overall, not as good as the meridien for a business trip (and i do prefer getting starwood points) but i would stay here again - the location is fantastic!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

We stayed at the Regina as the second part of an 8-day trip to Poland this summer. It was over our anniversary, so we booked the "Romance" package that included a transportation to/from the train station/airport, Deluxe room with a terrace, champagne and goodies in the room, breakfast, and a gourmet dinner in their restaurant. The service was impeccable, the room luxurious, and the meals scrumptious. I'd have to say that the dinner was one of the best meals we ate in Poland. The hot breakfast buffet was excellent, and even the club sandwich lunch we ate in the lobby bar the day we left was very good. Location is also very good - on the northern edge of the "new" old town. It was a short stroll into the old-old town and the castle below that. We checked out the spa and small indoor pool, but didn't use them. One caution: Our Deluxe room was on the top floor, but the elevator goes only to the floor below.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We spent 6 weeks travelling in England, France, Poland and USA and found this hotel to be one of the best.
The service was not matched by any other hotel we stayed in.

• Stayed June 2009

Been to Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw? Share your experiences!