“The best hotel I have ever been to!!” 5 of 5 stars

Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koscielna 12, Warsaw 00-218, Poland   |
Ranked #7 of 112 Hotels in Warsaw
Copenhagen
“The best hotel I have ever been to!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

We spent a weekend in Warsaw, and neither of us had ever been there before. We found this hotel through TripAdvisor and I must say i was deeply IMPRESSED! We were picked up at the airport and the friendly staff had us checked in in only minutes. We had a room on the ground floor, with a private garden terrace outside. The room was amazing, the first thought I had was - I want this at home. There are so many small details, and everything is done with perfection! I have stayed and worked for 5 star hotels, and design hotels, but this is quality and nothing compares to that. We never go around to have dinner in the restaurant, but I heard it is very good. We had breakfast, and again - excellent! I could write many things, but would like to add one more thing. We checked out on a sunday and had 3 hours until we had to leave for the airport. We went out shopping and then went to a starbucks. We sat down outside in the sunny weather, and didn't really feel like going back to the hotel to go to the airport. (we had the luggage at the hotel) So we called the hotel and asked them if it was possible to get the driver to pick us up at the starbucks, with our luggage. Without any hesitation the answer was - no problem sir! So the car came, with our luggage, and took us to the airport. I am amazed, and so many people and hotels - especially in the nordic countries, could learn a lot from Le regina! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

I have stayed at Le Regina twice now and it is wonderful hotel - beautiful building, lovely rooms, great staff perfect location in Nove Miasto - I would heartily recommend it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

Beautiful interior & best location! And the food - Best in Warsaw!!! The restaurant is super...dont go anywhere else. They will surprice you with one of the best foodexperience of your life..!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

We were only in Warsaw for two nights and one full day. The staff at the hotel gave us plenty of advice/directions to maximize our stay. The hotel was lovely, wonderful rooms and every single person we came in contact with was warm and friendly. Even though it was pretty cold, the location wa perfect for walking in the old and new towns.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

Having stayed at the Intercontinental on my last trip to Warsaw I wanted a change.The
Le Regina Hotel is in a different league,superb decor and a delightful room with the best
bathroom ever !!!
The restaurant was superb with excellent service without the usual pretence found in some top class restaurants.
I will be back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

Spent one night in this delightful Small Luxury Hotel of the World (and one in the Intercontinental, as I wanted to compare the 2). The reception was great, they have chairs there to sit (like in other MaMaison's I know) . I was given (for the lowest price) a large corner room, 204, with a super-quiet location and nice views from the windows to 2 sides. I was asked if I wanted a free newspaper in the morning and I could choose from 800 newspapers from 81 countries, incl. my own . I found it at my door knob the next morning, printed from the internet at smaller size than normal but bigger than tabloid. This is the first time I found this service anywhere on my travels, quite nice.
The room was lovely, with large bed, huge bathroom with nice Le Regina toiletries (made in Italy). The bath has also 2 shower heads, a normal one and rainfall.
Carpet had a Latin text all over the room from Aristotle that translates as "I love Plato but I love truth more".
Nice was to find an umbrella in the closet (quite rare to find).
Minibar was expensive but I was told at reception I could have an upgrade for 65 Euro that included breakfast (normally 86 Zloties, 25 Euro) and free minibar.
TV had movies for 60 Zloties, or 120 for all services but I made the mistake to order first one movie and then all, and still had to pay both, but this TV system is the same in most hotels (same in the Intercontinental but more costly there, 75 and 150).
No free movie channels but it had channels in Japanese, Hebrew, Russian , Italian and Spanish (plus German, French, Polish, English of course).
The location is quiet but nevertheless the windows had double double glazing (2 windows). There's a mirror above the window which makes the size look bigger and lets more light in.
Breakfast looked great. It's served in the lobby (will not be so nice with arriving or departing guests).
Wonderful swimming pool downstairs, 120-180 cm deep.
Temperature slightly cold but got used to that quickly.
Staff very attentive but not all of them. As usual there are always some who behave professional but not very friendly, but it did not spoil the nice experience.
If you want a city tour by BMW car , they can arrange a trip with guide in English, German, French, Spanish for 66 Euro per hour, or 550 Euro to Krakow and Auschwitz or 350 Euro to Zelazowa Wola. Airport transfer is 90 Zloties (normally 50 in a normal taxi).
This hotel is (still) number 1 here on TA, as also shown by the Tripadvisor Award on the Reception desk, and quite deservedly. A great hotel for tranquility in a great location.
I paid only 90 Euro through a booking site, where does one find that nowadays for a SLH/ LHW hotel ?

• Liked — Location, quietness, room size, newspaper
  • Disliked — Nothing really worth mentioning
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tonsberg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

I have been travelling around in Poland for a couple of years, and in my oppinion nothing can match this small hotel in Warsaw. I am really sorry we had no more than one night stay, it was really exelent. The room, service, the restaurant and the breakfast was far from what I am used to from other hotels all over Poland. This is a place I want to visit again.

• Liked — The service and the restaurant
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw? Share your experiences!