“A Great Break!! ��” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mangalia Street 3a | Warsaw, Warsaw 02-758, Poland (Formerly Start Hotel Portos)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20% or more
Ranked #50 of 112 Hotels in Warsaw
Windsor
“A Great Break!! ��”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

Stayed in the Portos for two nights. Bit of a distance from Modlin Airport, taxi cost approx 200 Pln. The Hotel was clean and tidy, room basic but spotless. Breakfast was fantastic, evening meal had a limited variety of meals, but good. Staff very friendly but had limited English. Taxi to old town approx 30-40 Pln. All in all, a great stay!! Would come back!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dariusz O, Dyrektor generalny at BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your stay stay at the BW Portos hotel and for nice comment on Tripadvisor. I hope to see you next time during your trip to Poland. Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Siedlce, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

Nice three star hotel, we had a room on 10th floor-very quiet, clean, comfy beds. We managed to get to the city center in rush-hours in the morning by car, there's also metro station nearby. Very nice breakfasts I would definately recommend. Only thing missing in the rooms are mini fridges.

Room Tip: Recommend high-floor rooms
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dariusz O, Dyrektor generalny at BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to Thank you for your stay with us and your positive comment about our Hotel. All guest opinions and suggestions are very inportant for us. I will passover your feedback to our hotel team. Best Regards and see you next time. Dariusz Oleksiak
Tallinn, Estonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I just noticed, that lately I have spent unexpectedly too much time in 3 star hotels. It's not my free will, so I might be a bit more bitter than I supposed to be. Hotel Portos is average 3 star hotel outside of Warsawa city center, so it takes time and money to get to the city. During the check-in I I was asked about room preference -smoking or non-smoking. Can't remember then I was asked about it last time, so it made me bit nervous. Turned out that even though I chose non-smoking room, somebody was constantly smoking in my bathroom (or so I felt, as smell of smoke was strong, carried thru ventilation system).
Room was large, bed comfortable, overall style a bit worn out and traditional, but clean. Large windows were facing next building, so no view, but were able to keep window open during night. Room was well heated. Large parking space next to hotel, but was full of cars, difficult to find free space. Even taxis have challenges to locate the hotel and find the right place for pick-up or drop-off.
Hotel restaurant was decent, prices very affordable, so no need to go out for dinner. Breakfast had several options, plenty of food and decent coffee. Some lady even tried to make fried eggs to order, but failed, as it took enormous time.
Only challenge in that hotel was the large variety of guests - from 'wall to wall'. Some of my colleagues weren't able to sleep because of party in next room. Some guests looked like criminals, some like professors from university. Lot of youngsters etc. So I wouldn't prefer to stay there alone.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, ask a room as far away from smokers rooms as possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dariusz O, Dyrektor generalny at BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you posting your opinion about Best Western Portos hotel. We really care about our guests and always try to deliver better service. Your opinion is really important for us. Our hotel is located less than 6 km from city center. You may use city bus to get there, it takes approx. 15 min. cost of ticket around 1 EURO.
Best regards and See you next time.
Konin, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Nothing special, but good value for money. Good location when u travel. Main roads around so no big traffic. For 1-3 nights is ok, especialy when u have a bussiness travel.Nice staff, nice people, close to the petrol station where u cn buy food also.

Room Tip: Choose higher levels to avoid noise
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dariusz O, Dyrektor generalny at BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
It was great to have you with us, Thank you very much for your stay. I will share your opinion with associates working here. Best regards and hopfully see you next time.
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel is not in the city center, but there's a direct bus to it that can also take you to Warsaw's old city (116). There's also a bus to the airport (148). The ride to the city center takes about 10-15minutes and to the airport around half an hour. A taxi ride to the airport costs aprox. 30PLN.

Due to the thing that the hotel was not very crowded, early check-in and late check-out were possible - the staff was very friendly at all times.

Both the room and the bathroom were very clean and everything was very decent. The beds are really good, so the sleep quality was perfect. There is free, good quality wi-fi in every room.

The breakfast was excellent, with a pretty wide array of choices and (surprise!!) it varied a little from one day to the other. You could also have freshly prepared eggs at your choice. This is really comparable to many 4 star hotels that I have stayed at.

This was really good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to Thank you for your stay and opinion on Tripdadvisor related to our hotel. All guests opinion are very important for us. I very glad you had a good stay. Best regards,
Wroclaw
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I treat hotels as a good place to sleep, not to spend there my entire time. I expect quick and efficient check in, good night sleep and a decent breakfast.

Let's start with checkin. Reservation was made through their own booking system. Receptionist tried to charge me more than confirmed in the booking system and gave me a twin room, instead of double with explanation "you did not provide this information". Yes, I did. Everything was solved after all, but it doesn't make me say that check-in was "smooth".

Room was clean and spacious. Bed comfortable. In the bathroom there was bad smell from the ventilation system. During the night we were woke up two times by some drunk young people trying to get into our room, obviously having mistaken floors (or hotels?)

The best thing about Portos is breakfast. Choice of cold and hot stuff is awesome. Buffet was replenished regularly. Coffee was great. Much, much better than in other hotels in Warsaw, even those more expensive.

Location is outside city center, but convenient if you have a car (no problems with parking in the area) or have some business in thie area of the city.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dariusz O, Dyrektor generalny at BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
First of all I would love to say Thank you for your stay at the HOTEL Portos. We really appreciate your opinion. As I understood you had some challenges upon check in and not nice smell. We are very sorry for that. I have asked our managers already to search how it was possible. Besides that you had some positive coomments about our hotel. Does not matter what Thanks for say it. I hope to see you someday with us again.Best regards,
Kielce
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hotel Portos *** is a standard hotel like especially not to a distinguished. Standard room, the beds comfortable. Because of the privileges I got an upgrade to a room. Standard bathroom, but without any hygienic. The service is fast and efficient. The restaurant serves very good food, and just like breakfast. Big minus for expensive pay parking. Sorry, but also the speed WiFi is not enchanted.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dariusz O, Dyrektor generalny at BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,
I would like to Thank you for your stay and your opinion about our hotel on Tripadvisor. Speaking about expensive parking I would like to explain that it is area protected by security and price per night is only 7 euro. I would love to mention as well that comparable parking space around Warsaw hotels might be much more higher. from 10 up to 30 Euro. Our hotel sales also promotion called PARK&Stay. It is much cheaper option for stay and park a car. Best Regards,

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Portos? Share your experiences!