“Comfortable, easy, safe, clean, quite accommodation” 4 of 5 stars

Old Town Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   ul. Nowy Swiat 29/3, Warsaw 00-029, Poland   |
Ranked #6 of 177 Specialty Lodging in Warsaw
Europe
“Comfortable, easy, safe, clean, quite accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

We were two ladies. With the same cost of a room in a 3 stars hotel, we rented a comfortable appartment with 2 large sleeping rooms, a living room and a well equipped kitchen. For me it was the best solution because I must follow a special diet. It is in a very safe area full of life also in the evening. The apartment is very quite because windows are on a courtyard. Buses stop in front of the building, both directions to the airport and to the centrum (10 min. by bus, 40 min. walking). Furniture quality is Ikea and the maintenence could be improved. Receptionists are very helpful and kind.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I brought my suitcase at 11hrs (check in is at 13hrs) and they asked me to pay my room at this stage. When I went back at 14hrs I had to wait to get the keys for the apartment. Once there, I found dirty towels in the toilet. There was no blinds in the rooms, only light curtains so I woke up at 4.30 am because of the light. I specifically asked for a quiet room. The builders working in the building next door woke up at 7.30 am. Staff was unhelpful (they did not showed me the apartment, only gave directions to it, neither they offered to help me with my luggage; I found that very unpolite especially because I was heavily pregnant). There are no lifts in any of the Old Town Apartments so they are not appropriate for people with disabilities or elderly people. There was only one TV channel in English. I did not like that double beds had individual covers.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
OTAWarsaw, Office Manager Warsaw at Old Town Apartments, responded to this review, August 19, 2009
We would like to thank our guest for all her comments concerning stay in our apartment.
We appreciate all critical remarks. It is a pivotal part of our company's quality policy to listen attentively to our Customers opinions.
We would like to apologized, if the guest felt that we were impolite. We try to help as much as we can to every client but we had not noticed that the lady was pregnant but for sure if we had have noticed it we would have treated her with a special care and helped her with everything she need it. We would like also to apologized for all other problems and inconveniences that occurred during her stay.
Albury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I was looking forward to our own apartment, but this one left me a little down. It wasn't terrible, but just average I guess..
We arrived outside the old town by taxi (they aren't allowed in the old town area) and found the office ok. it was in the same door as a resturant so it was abit confusing, but the office staff buzzed me up into their office to organise payment and keys which was very easy. We stayed in Waski Dunaj New apartment. It was great to have our own place during our stay in Warsaw and loved our time here. It was on the 1st floor, so only one small flight of stairs, but the entry had a horrible mouldy smell and was abit dark and dirty, had that 'Hold your breath and hurry!' feel. The apartment size was very good for the two of us, full of ikea furniture and had heaps of goodies like iron, hairdryer etc.
The kitchen was good, but still felt we had to clean the benches and plates before we used them. The couch was abit of foam with a cover in need of a wash.
Overlooking the cute and quiet cobblestone side street, full of amber shops, resturants and coffee places, the view was nice.
We didn't really use the kitchen and lounge as much as we thought (there was too much to do!) but it was great to have a washing machine.
Tip; cover the shower drain with plastic wrap to avoid the build up of mouldy smells in the room. These old places have abit of a general musty odour.....
The info folder seemed to give us a 'don't bother us' kind of feel so we didn't bother to complain about any little things and waste any time in this awesome city!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
OTAWarsaw, Warsaw Office Manager at Old Town Apartments, responded to this review, August 19, 2009
The poor cleanliness in the kitchen was a very rare occurrence but the guest is correct this time.
We would like to apologized for this situation and we can ensure, that we have already made an effort to remedy all the things that was imperfect in the apartment and affect the quality of our guest stay. We take full responsibility for the condition of the apartment, however the building itself is beyond our supervision but we try our best to improve appearance of the staircase and backyard.
We are always at the guest's disposal,ready to help them with any problems or questions they had during their stay.
Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

We loved our apartment - Piwna Funky. It was up several flights of stairs and it was like the Krypton Factor trying to open the door. Once inside, it was a vision of Ikea. Very clean, modern and comfortable. The view from the window was lovely, overlooking a communal garden. The kitchen was equipped with everything you need. We went in March and the heating was on and it was very warm, slightly too warm for me. The water is scalding hot and it is quite an art to getting the temperature in the shower to a comfortable heat to stand under! but these are, really, only very small niggles.
There is a small ,very well stocked grocery store a couple of doors away, which stays open quite late. The tourist information is only a short walk away. The reception, where you pick up your key, is literally round the corner in the Old Square. We had to phone on our arrival at the airport, because the reception closes at 5pm & we arrived after this. The people at 'Old Town Apartments' speak good English, so even though I asked in my best Polish, if they spoke English, it wasn't really needed (by the way, youtube is an excellent way to find out the pronunciation of basic phrases).
I booked through lastminute.com and the whole experience was very pleasing and was an excellent start to a brilliant holiday.
Just one last thing check the Internet on how to use public transport, because it's slightly strange: tickets for the buses are bought at newsagent type shops and street kiosks and you validate your ticket in a machine, once on the bus. Never did work out when you validate a 3 day ticket, so stuck with the one journey ticket and validated this as we boarded.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

I found Warsaw Old Town Apartments whilst browsing Expedia for affordable places to stay in Warsaw, (duration ten nights). Apart from a few horrible looking 1 & 2 star hotels the nearest to the rate offered by Warsaw Old Town Apartments was the IBIS Stare Miasto (Old Town), which was almost double the price!

I was quite attracted to the fact that I would be staying right in the Old Town in a self catering apartment for 45 EURO per night. Self catering is absolutely no problem in Warsaw because you have many restaurants/bars/cafes/fast food places located right on your doorstep within the Old Town. Although there are a couple of small deli type shops in The Old Town, I would recommend taking a five minute taxi ride to the main Carrefour supermarket inside "Galleria Arkadia" shopping centre for a proper food shop.

I had booked the "Rynek Barsa" apartment which is situated on the first floor of a traditional Polish "kamiennica" (Town House), in the Rynek Stare Miasto (Old Town Market Square). Conveniently it is also located in the same building as Warsaw Old Town Apartment's office, which makes it easy to report problems or ask questions.

"Rynek Barsa" is a recently refurbished one-bedroom apartment of approximately 60m2 with an open plan kitchen/lounge area and a shower-room. Although there is only one double bed in the apartment it can actually sleep up to four people because there is a sofa bed in the lounge area.

The modern kitchen is fully equipped with cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, a microwave, gas hob, fan assisted oven and even a dishwasher. The shower room has a washing machine built in under the vanity unit in true Polish style and all towels and toilet paper are provided. WiFi internet access is available for 5 EURO per 24 hours. WARNING! If internet access is important to you then you must check at the time of booking that the apartment you want has WiFi available because not all do!

I thought that the apartment was very clean, in reasonable condition and generally very good. If I was being really picky I could say that the bed was slightly worn out and squeaked a bit too much when you moved. The shower was borderline acceptable because the water pressure was very low and it was difficult to find a good temperature, being either scorching hot or freezing cold. Also due to the extremely cold winter weather in Warsaw, the old fashioned wooden windows and the high ceilings the apartment's radiators struggled to keep the room warm. In the end I decided to go out and purchase a cheap 230 volt fan heater, which solved the problem nicely.

Overall I would say that if you plan to stay in Warsaw for more than 4 or 5 nights then you should certainly consider Warsaw Old Town Apartments in preference to a budget hotel.

• Liked — Location, Value For Money, WiFi Internet
  • Disliked — Heating Struggling In Winter, Shower Pressure, Sqeeky Bed!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

6 of us were accommodated in this delightful 3 storey apartment in the Old Town Square. The apartment was well furnished with everything we needed and despite its situation was very quiet.
There are several flights of stairs to climb so children or elderly folk may find it difficult.
The lighting outside the the top floor windows was intrusive at night but can probably be turned off, we just didn't ask
This is a fabulous spot to tour the old part of Warsaw and I would recommend it. There are a couple of food shops nearby but the food and drink at the restaurants and bars was very good. Paticularly a restaurant around the corner called Polka, excellent.
Plenty to see and do in a 4 day stay.

Stayed May 2008
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2008

We stayed for 4 nights at these apartment, they are situated just around the corner from the old town square, located on the 2nd floor, access was via a grubby looking stairwell but the room was very modern, clean, well furnished and good price, very warm and quiet and secure, Would recommend this but only for 2 people.

• Liked — price/location
  • Disliked — pillows a bit soft/flat
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Old Town Apartments? Share your experiences!