“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 112 Hotels in Warsaw
Rehovot, Israel
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights in September. The location is very good, at walking distance of Warsaw's Old Town and with excellent transportation nearby: buses and tram. The room was small but very clean and so was the toilets, spotless. Breakfast was rich and pampering. The free wi-fi was weak in the room but better near the reception, in addition to free use of computers. The staff were nice and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Pattaya, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is spotless. Typical Ibis layout, which is fine. You know what you are getting. Quiet, with good curtains. We had a fantastic sleep. Nice restaurant. Great staff. We needed 2 more pilows and they were here in 5 minutes! Great bed. Location is ok, just a short walk to old town. Nice neighborhood with plenty of eating and shopping options, including a nice grocery store.

Great value for your money.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back, not the street on the front. No view, but very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

it definitely deserves four stars! the receptionists are so nice and enthusiastic! they let us check in at 9:30 for no extra fee and no hassle. the location is perfect you have the bus stop right in front of the hotel and the tram across the street. really close to the Jewish ghetto and the stare miasto.
The only thing i can complain about is the room size,TINY. but definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay in warsaw.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

well cleaned...the room was very small for standard double share but price was high....stuffs behavier not so good...in the recieption the recieptionist not helpful....location is good...overall it was so so...not so good :(

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

When I see some of the reviews for this hotel, it makes me think that we must not have stayed at the same hotel, so much so that I triple checked the address to make sure that this is indeed the right Ibis hotel. On the other hand, that is part of the problem: these chains churn out impersonal, mass produced clones in the name of maximizing profits and minimizing costs that are far better for bookkeepers and wealthy CEOs than for their guests.

ROOMS

These are reasonably comfortable, although the smell coming from the bathroom is nauseating, even just after it has been cleaned.

NOISE

All of the rooms in this hotel face a busy street. If you can be awakened by sirens, noisy trolleys and truck traffic, stay somewhere else.

RESTAURANT

I ordered a "pizza" from their late night menu for a high price for Warsaw, a reasonably priced city, and for an Ibis hotel. What came was a frozen 1/4 baguette with a little cheese and mystery meat on it. The coffee machines in the breakfast room have been malfunctioning since the last time I was put in this hotel two years ago. It is time to replace them.

SERVICE

The real problem with this hotel is the service, which is dreadful. A few examples:

-the desk clerk who said "no" when I asked if I should leave a credit card imprint for extras, causing big problems later, as you will see below

-the desk clerk who put me in a handicapped room, even though I have no disabilities, and almost caused me to injure myself on the slippery bathroom floors. Luckily I was able to catch myself with the guard rails for the handicapped people!

-the maid who walked into my room without knocking, even though I had the "do not disturb" sign up. So much for my nap.

-the desk clerk who laughed at me and provided no assistance when I told her that I had forgotten my razor and shaving cream

-the bar employee who told me that I could charge my bill to my room and gave me a form to fill out, then said it was impossible when I filled it out and ran up to me as I stood in line to check out (and pay my bill), shouting: "you must pay this in cash NOW!" in front of my colleagues and the other guests. His name is Andrzej, just in case you get stuck in this place and want to avoid him.

One of the joys of Warsaw is its old style charm. Why not go to a little family run place for the same price instead of one of the worst chains in Europe? My employer needed to house a large number of people and had no choice, but you do!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, pick a room on the top floor. They are a bit quieter, although noisy as w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thetis Island BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am on a trip around the world traveling the London to Singapore segment by train. I booked every hotel in every city based upon Trip Advisor. I usually chose highly rated budget hotels in each city.
Ibis Warszawa Stare Miastro is the fifth stop of my journey. The location is excellent, a few blocks from Old Town and the river
This hotel is the best hotel so far on this journey. Everything was brand new. The room could easily pass for a “business class” room in North America. It had a king size bed, large bathroom and shower and a flat-screen TV. As a real bonus, the giant window opened to let the fresh air in. In fact, judging by all the suits and ties I saw during breakfast, I think it is a Business Class hotel.
There are no cooking facilities in the room, but for 38 Zloty they offer a business class breakfast buffet. It includes scrambled eggs, oatmeal, hot dogs, herring, salads, deli meats, pates, cheese, cereals, fruits, breads, juices, coffee and tea. The staff are very polite and helpful. I rode my folding bike over 100 km during the 2 days I stayed at this hotel. The highlights were Old Town and the river. This hotel offers excellent value, I am sorry I could not stay longer.
Previous Hotel – Hotel Comenius in Berlin, Germany. Next Hotel - Prime Apartments Agency 3 in Minsk, Belarus. This hotel is not included in Trip Advisor, but it was an oasis! So the next hotel I can submit a review on is Nevsky Grand Hotel in St. Petersburg, Russia.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town? Share your experiences!