We have just returned from a trip to Warsaw and found the Ibis Stare Miasto to be an excellent choice of hotel. It is conveniently located, just a short walk from the old town. The rooms are very comfortable with lovely hot power showers. We also received complimentary water, which was a very nice touch. The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. I had inadvertently printed out an incorrect boarding pass for our return to the UK with Wizzair, the staff were extremely kind in accessing the correct document and printing out for me. The hotel is currently undergoing renovation and the reception staff (and others of course) are working in very trying circumstances, with dust, noise and other associated difficulties of building work, but they still manage to maintain their professionalism and friendliness.
Whilst we did not eat at the Ibis, the menu seemed to be quite reasonably priced and the food we saw looked okay. We did appreciate the 24 hour bar, especially on the night of our arrival which was around midnight when we had a few drinks and a little relaxation before we went to bed. The bar prices were not too bad, considering we were drinking in a hotel.
We found the hop on hop off bus to be a good way to get an overview of the city and it was very convenient being able to get off at the sights you want to see and then back on to the bus to where you need to be. It was 80 zlotys for a 48 hour ticket, which we thought was very reasonable. Warsaw has some beautiful architecture and it was lovely to see.
There are lots of lovely restaurants and bars in the old town and we tried a few! We enjoyed a very good night at the Pub-Senator on Ul Wqski Dunaj, very reasonably priced drinks and we also had an evening complete with Polish karaoke which was somewhat different! We had eaten at the nearby restaurant Gospodakwiatypolskie, which served traditonal food, absolutely delicious, with HUGE portions and very reasonable prices, vodka was only 6 zl. There is an Irish Bar across the road, where we also had a couple of good hours.
All in all we had a great time and would highly recommend the Ibis as a base.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto hotel is located close to the old city of Warsaw and the Royal Palace. Only 12 km from Okecie international airport and 3 km from the railway station, it is ideal for weekends and longer explorations of the Polish capital. It proposes 333 air-conditioned rooms, a restaurant, a bar serving snacks 24/24, private covered parking and 6 meeting rooms for organising seminars and conferences. Wifi wireless Internet access for guests on a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto - Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Warszawa Stare Miasto Hotel Warsaw
- Ibis Hotel Warsaw
- Accor Warszawa Stare Miasto