“Still a Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #29 of 114 Hotels in Warsaw
Arlington, Texas
“Still a Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Staying on a weekend night can be more affordable. Staff is very nice and helpful. Bartenders speak English but like most bars in Poland, be careful what you ask for in a drink. Don't get fancy with your request. Food is very good. My husband loves the hamburgers served in the 'internet Cafe.' Buffet breakfasts are ample and good. However, the restaurant has switched to a coffee machine which only handles one quest at a time. A problem if the restaurant is busy. I know a lot of hotel restaurants are now using this machine but I think it's a mistake unless they have more than one machine.
Beds are wonderful. No noise from the outside even though you are so close to the airport. I wouldn't park a car here overnight as the rates are high.
Shower: weird set-up. Difficult NOT to get water on the floor when taking a shower.
WiFi: Why some hotels charge for this is beyond me.

Room Tip: Stay on a weekend night for better rates.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was staying at this hotel just because I had overnight waiting time at WAW airport. Hotel is in good location (walking distance from terminal building) although with luggage getting there is not a simple thing. Due to reconstruction work at terminal it took me over 20min to find my way.
Check-in was very efficient and nice, therefore I hadn't been asked what type of room would I prefer. I like plane spotting so good airport view was important to me.
Room was very specious but felt dated. As well I don't understand why I got room with twin beds as I was traveling by myself. It was late and my room was very far from main lifts so I decided not to change my room. Two things really bothered me: plastic and terrible shower screen and you are not able to turn off A/C (I needed to call sb from reception to come and turn off power on A/C) that is very inconvenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Joanna S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott - Warsaw Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Polandpi,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for choosing our hotel for your stay in Warsaw, Poland. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had experienced during your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Warsaw Airport Hotel.

The renovation of the airport terminal will be completed by the end of this year. However, we hope that current work will not cause any more serious impact on our hotel guests’ visits.

With reference to plane spotting, it has been marked down in your guest’s profile that your preference is the room overlooking the airport’s runways.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.

Kind regards,

Joanna Stachowiak – Szczotko
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I book this hotel whenever I have an early departure from Warsaw airport, typically 3-4 times a year. The hotel is not new but still in a good condition. The rooms are pretty basic, but you will find everything a traveller needs: king bed, tea and coffee provisions, bathroom amenities, complimentary water. They serve really good breakfest with a choice of hot options, muesli and cold cuts. Also the Brasserie restaurant and bar are really nice. The prices are quite reasonable as for Warsaw. On top of that is that you need only a 30-second walk to reach the airport terminal from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night and it was a pleasant experience. Room comfortable and clean, breakfast good quality and lots of choice, food in the bar very tasty (had a salad) and the bar staff polite and friendly. The bar was a pretty nice place to sit and relax. Surprisingly quiet given it is so close to the airport. Fine for business or if you need to stay near the airport. I wouldn't give it 5/5 just as it is not that exciting but you probably aren't looking for excitement if you are considering staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was thoroughly pleased with my one-night stay. The 1-minute walk to/from the airport entrance was as relaxing as expected, and everything about the hotel was more than satisfactory. I'd requested a quiet room location, and got exactly that. I had trouble figuring out how to operate the tea kettle in the room, and someone came up immediately and showed me. There are no restaurants in the vicinity (at least none in walking distance), and I'm never enthused about eating in a hotel restaurant, but my dinner was very good, and much more reasonably priced than I'd expected. Breakfast buffet looked to be more expensive, and didn't fit my flight schedule.
Wifi worked well (and is now free), and the bed was very comfortable.
Wouldn't really be convenient for a several-day visit to Warsaw (which is only worth a couple of days anyway, in my view), but couldn't be better for flying in/out of the Warsaw airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We held a quick European meeting in Warsaw and normally we have chosen a downtown hotel in the past. However we decided that due to our schedule we would use the Marriott at the airport.

Walk through arrivals and take the escalator to the departures and walk 50 m across the road and you are there. Easy peasy !

Overall I couldn't really fault it. The rooms were clean with all the necessaries you would expect from a global chain. I liked the fact the room had an iron and board to make sure my clothes were good for the meeting. I hate 4 and 5 star hotels who dont provide this gggrrrrrr ...(rant over !).

The breakfast was good, with plenty of choice and the buffet lunch included both hot and cold selections. The only drawback with breakfast is that you have to use a coffee machine and the queue is often very long.

The staff were more than helpful during our stay.

Finally the price was just unbelievable, topping out at £50 for the night including breakfast and lunch.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
sp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

we ´ve come from cracow to stay just one night at warsaw and leave next day to brazil. The decision to stay next to the airport was excelent choice, because this hotel is not expensive, have good attendants and the servie is good. It is clean and we managed to go with our carts from the airports until our rooms!
that means we could go for check inn area in 10 minutes!

Room Tip: ask for the bus for down town, it is only 10 km to get to the city.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple