I stayed in t his hotel a couple of years ago and had a pleasant experience. Based on that stay, I booked for one night in July 2013 (I had an early flight). Man, was I disappointed. Turns out last time I stayed in the newer part, this time however I booked an economy room, in the older part of the hotel. Oh boy. This review is for my second stay, in the economy room.
So, the good:
1. very convenient to the airport. 5 minutes by taxi tops.
2. easy to get to by public transportation (and easy to go back downtown for a night out), just one bus, number 175, drops you off near the main train station or close to the Old City.
3. cheap. it was around $40 per night, that is a steal in any major European capital.
1. Never been to a hotel so... dated. They probably have not been renovated since the hotel was built. Rooms rather poorly furnished.
2. Bathroom OK, but everything very basic. On the website says they provide shampoo etc. Turns out instead of individual packages they just have soap dispenser above the sink and in the shower marked "for hair/body", and "for face/hands". Except one of ours was empty (upon check in), so I opened them both to switch them, only to discover that inside it says they are both "for face/hands" soap. Seriously, can't provide simple shampoo?
3. Generally clean, except for one long black hair in the bathtub. Major pet-peeve of mine.
4. The night before I asked reception for a cab to be called, they said ok. In the morning they said they were already some taxis outside. OK. I took one, and it wasn't until I arrived at the airport that I realized that the meter was never on. So that was either an unofficial cab, or the driver was making some money on the side. Not a big deal, and not expensive really, but be aware if you are against this type of practices.
1. Additional fee for parking?? Ridiculous!
2. My room faced the street and what I think is a gas station on the other side of the street. A little noisy, but not a big deal, I don't care. Except AT FOUR IN THE MORNING someone was mowing the lawn on the other side of the street. 4 AM, I KID YOU NOT. I'm aware this was not technically the hotel's fault, but if you like to sleep at night you might consider spending more than just $40 and got to a hotel that would not allow something like this to happen in its proximity.
I wanted to give the hotel 3 stars (you get what you pay for), but it's going to be 2 (because of "the ugly").
- Also Known As:
- Gromada Airport Warsaw
- Gromada Airport Hotel Warsaw
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Gromada Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.