Booked 2 rooms, one Twin and one King. The front desk had no king room available, so we where given an apartment which is actually a room with a kitchenette:
1. One should expect to get what he had booked in the first place when he is booking a five star hotel.
2. Calling a 140 CM width bad "King" is somehow misleading. We stayed for 5 nights and did not had a one good sleep.
3. The hotel should make a disclosure of the fact that rooms windows cant be opened, as some people, like myself, would prefer a hotel that enable you to breath fresh air. To my luck, the apartment we got had a window that opens, but it is my understanding that all rooms above the 20th floor don't have it, so was the twin room we got.
Other factors you should know:
4. The dinning room is real small one comparing to the hotel capacity. The management is trying to cope by adding some couple tables in the lobby's corridor outside the room, but it feels amateurish.
5. Due to the dinning room limitations, you should expect a 15-30 minutes queue in the entrance when the hotel is in high occupancy, and so was the weekend. This fact causes the staff, which was nice and polite, being frown during the weekend. One morning, after 15 minutes wait, we asked for a 4 seat tables since our friends were on the way to join us (we where two couples) the staff made us feel like it is somehow our fault that there were no 4 seat tables available.
6. Be a ware that when you ask for a cab in the front desk, you are getting what looks to me as the hotels limousine, which is a nice car with suite wearing driver that will charge you more then a cab, We payed 40 PLN for a drive to a location which was only about 25 PLN on the way beck with a cab.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star InterContinental Warsaw is an impressive addition to the ever-expanding skyline. Located in the financial district opposite the Palace of Culture and Science, the hotel is a short distance from the main railway station, charming Old Town and the Warsaw Philharmonic. Well worth a visit are the Frederic Chopin Museum and Lazienki Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Warsaw reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.