“Very Good !” 5 of 5 stars

Stockholm, Sverige
“Very Good !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very good hotel.
Clean, good breakfast, excellent staff.
Did not have time to try the spa, maybe next time.
Nice bed and good AC.
There are bars in the hotel.
The hotel is in city Center and 5 min walk from central station.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review and recommend our hotel with these nice words.
I was delighted to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Your opinion is very important for us and stays as a reward and motivation for the future.
I strongly hope you can visit us again in the not too distant future.

Marten Schoenrock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of weeks on business.

Positives:
* Great location, directly opposite the Palace of Culture, and within easy walking distance to the central train station and various transit links. It is about a 25 to 30 minute walk to the Old Town.
* Spacious rooms, obviously recently renovated, with a comfortable bed and new bathroom fittings.
* Very friendly staff, including front desk, room service, and housekeeping.
* Excellent breakfast, opportunity to have it in your room for only a 4-euro surcharge.
* Good room service selection going all night.

Needs improvement:
* Whirring from fridge can be bothersome.
* Several taxis waiting out front are looking to rip you off, changing the tariff rate from '1' to '4' when they think that you are not looking. The hotel should be proactive in explaining to taxi drivers waiting in front of the hotel that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated.
* Laundry prices are excessive -- 9 euros for a shirt, for example.

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to learn that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Your kind comments relating to breakfast, location, room and our staff are very much appreciated.
Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and please rest assured that we will endeavour to ensure your next stay with us is a comfortable one.
Hoping to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have higher expectations when I stay at a five-star hotel, and this hotel met all those expectations.

The hotel is about 20 minutes away by taxi from Chopin International Airport and about 10 minutes away on foot from the central train station. A shopping center with numerous restaurants and shops (including a Carrefour supermarket at the basement) is between the train station and the hotel, and the Museum of Modern Art is next door.

There is much to like about this hotel. The beds are extremely comfortable, and if you do not like your pillows, there is a pillow menu from which you can choose four other types of pillows. The bedroom has a proper work desk and a corner where you can relax after a tiring day. The standard welcome treats and chocolates by the bedside were available; what I didn't expect, but very much appreciated, was the fruit that awaited me at the end of each day. This was always a welcome treat!

You'll be spoiled for choice with the breakfast buffet, which is available till 10:30 on weekdays and till 11:00 on weekends (and they won't ask you to leave the breakfast area till 11:30, when they have to open the restaurant to the general public for brunch). You can even order a glass (or two) of bubbly if you have something to celebrate first thing in the morning (as my colleagues and I did). There is no tacky music at breakfast, only the soothing sound of a harp (another welcome surprise!).

Service is superb. When I alerted the front desk to laundry that had potentially gone missing, I received a call from the manager who gave the problem his personal attention (and yes, my clean clothes came back the day after). Not only were the staff courteous, they were genuinely friendly and helpful.

My only regret about my stay was that I never made it to the fitness club and spa, as my schedule did not allow for such visits. I will certainly consider this hotel again when I am next in Warsaw!

Room Tip: Unless you want one of the apartment rooms that have kitchenette, go for the rooms on the higher flo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our property and recommend IC Warszawa in such a nice way.
Your words state a great value for me and the entire team. We are happy and proud that our everyday's work is visible and reflects on our guests’ satisfaction and good impressions in memory when you leave. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward for welcoming you again at the InterContinental Warszawa.

Bonn, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel is located at the heart of Warsaw. The main train station is a 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Its right opposite the Palace of Culture, and the Old Town, almost all important museums are within walking distance or short taxi journey if you are a bit lazy to walk. The hotel has a fantastic pool and wellness centre, and of course everything else comes in the 5 star package.

Room Tip: get upper floors and wake up to a magnificent view of the city
Dear Guest,
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our swimming pool area and location. Your opinion is very important for us and stays as a reward and motivation for the future.
We hope to see you again in the not-so-distant future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I consider IC best hotel in Warsaw. Everything is always high quality and the location could not be better. My favourite part of the day is breakfast there... :) Lady playing on harp "lord of the Rings" theme can just make upcoming day much better

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I strongly hope you can visit us again in the not too distant future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

As a platinum IHG member I was upgraded to a deluxe room on a high floor facing the Palace of Culture. This was great space in a great hotel. Top of the line flagship-type business hotel. Not much wrong here from the rooms, to the front desk, to the decor. Everything top notch. If they could just get the highly efficient (and perhaps overworked) people at the concierge desk to smile, I would have nothing to write about other than the positive. Would definitely stay here again - if this isn't the best hotel in Warsaw (and all of Poland) I'd like to know what is and stay there. Very highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

That's very important and power giving to all of us.
Thank you.
Hoping to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Malmo, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

It was my second stay in this hotel. I choose it again for its central location, beautiful view from the room. The hotel accommodate a huge group av norwegian youngsters during my stay and it did not work. It was very loud during the nights. I hade to call security for help. The staff in the breakfast room wasn´t especially attentive.They were about 8 employed and maximum 10 guests when I was there on saturday and sunday at 07 AM. I hade to wait quite long to order coffee and had to ask the staff to clean away the dishes. On monday the service was perfect anyway.
The shower didn´t work and I had to call help.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your comments after your recent visit with us.
Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.
Rest assured that the points you've raised in this review will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.
Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.