“Good choice for your Warsaw stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 111 hotels in Warsaw
“Good choice for your Warsaw stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and pleasant staff to start with, beautifully decorated and furnitured rooms, perfect bed, quiet and soundproof rooms ( it had been a while), nice and quiet breakfast buffet. The gym and spa are amazing with a breathtaking view over warsaw, well equippee and the perfetc romm to practice my Tai ji quan. Very helpful and well educated concierge.

It is missing a nice lobby bar but I probably didn't look enough for it or forgot to ask... On the onther hand, there are enough things to do and places to go out to in warsaw...

Thumbs up, classy... Deserves its 5 star. I'll come back....

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Warszawa for your recent stay and for taking the time to share you words of appreciation.

I will share your comments with my team - they are truly awarding and motivate us to do even better in the future. Your feedback makes us proud of our services and facilities.

Additionally, please be kindly informed that in our lobby, there is Wedel café, where you can enjoy a delicious hot chocolate and manually prepared pralines. Moreover, on the first floor there is a PlusOne bar offering best selection of drinks and cocktails.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

1,447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
JAPAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Now here with my wife celebrating our anniversary. The IC Warsaw is one of the best hotel deals in the world. Fantastic location, wonderful rooms with a great view, excellent in house restaurants, tub and shower, heated bathroom floors, fluffy towels and robes, free Internet for AMB, superb staff, extremely competitive rates and so much more. It must ne one of the cleanest hotels around and we have been to plenty of them. This is the place to be. Who would have thought that a hotel in Central Europe could be such a hit? We have made Warsaw one of our top destinations just because of this IC. It gets better year after year. We hope it will last for many, many more years. We don't like it, we love it head over heels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Warszawa.
We greatly appreciate your comments and the excellent review! That's very important and power giving to all of us.

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and I would like to thank you once again for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received.
It is our pleasure to have you as our guest.

We hope to have the honour of serving you again in the future.

Brescia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Well.... guys ... nothing more to say. I stayed at the Intercontinental in Warszawa in april 2012 and it was wonderful. I've never had such a wonderful bedroom like the one I had there. I was lucky because as soon as I arrived a I realized I received an upgrade to a suite. The room was so large, just take a look at the pics. The view was absolutly amazing. I think that the mirror in the bathroom was as large as a bedroom I've had in all the other hotel I've ever been to. The position was perfect, just in town center. Quick connections to all the main sites in Warsazwa.
I admit I didn't have any breakfast so I can't comment (I use to wake up early in the morning and I wake up early I am hungry at all). The staff was very kind and nice (consider that I left at 3am in the morning last day).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having chosen InterContinental for your recent visit to Warsaw and for the time taken to provide your comments.

I am more than happy to learn that you enjoyed our services of our staff as well as specious room and great view, your kind comments shall serve as a reward and motivation to do even better in the future.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and all the best from the InterContinental Team in Warsaw.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfect. Very friendly service. Top restaurant! Very nice breakfast!
Had every possible room here and even standard room is very nice.
Roomservice food is top of the line.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen the InterContinental Warszawa for your recent visit to Warsaw, we much appreciate you having taken the time to provide most valuable comments on your stay.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our services and facilities, your kind comments shall serve as reward, as well as motivation to do even better in the future.

Once again, we appreciate your positive feedback and for giving all of us at IHG another reason to be proud of our hotels. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I visited this hotel together with my boyfriend between Christmas and New Year. The room was incredible! Spacious and warm.. The staff is very helpful and friendly, something you expect from a 5 star hotel like this. The breakfast is really nice. We could choose anything we liked and they even had someone playing the harp! Also the swimming poole on the top floor is fantastic so do check that out. I highly recommend this hotel to other visitors, whether they visit Warschau for leisure or for business.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice review to Tripadvisor pages.

It was real pleasure to learn that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

I am looking forward to be able to welcome you back to InterContinental Warszawa.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I been in this hotel last February,was amazing.Rooms very comfortable and clean,big selection of very tasty food.And the most important the best staff ever!!! They are so nice and helpfull,always smailing,really i wish to go back there!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Warsaw and for taking the time to write a review.
We are delighted that you are satisfied with our services and facilities and that your experience lived up to your expectations.
Your kind comments relating to our team are very much appreciated and have been shared with all.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Warsaw.

Best Regards,

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I have never been made to feel so unwelcome in a hotel in our entire lives.

From the moment we walked in we noticed there was some filming going on. No problem. However the fact that this took over the entire reception/check-in area was a massive problem. After climbing over the camera crews' gear, we were greeted by a slightly scruffy looking man who failed to make eye contact with us but did hold his hand in our faces and say "one minute." Keep calm, I thought, give the hotel a chance. But this rude and lackluster service continued for the entire conversation. The room wasn't ready to check-into, but this was fine, as long as we could leave our luggage... We then watched as our bags were picked up (eventually) and dumped and left unattended at THE FRONT ENTRANCE. After watching them left unattended for around 10 minutes (just so we could see how long they would do this) we eventually brought them back to the porter and asked him to please put them into storage this time as we didn't feel comfortable or secure leaving them like that for any length of time.

When we eventually got to our room, we thought - "Great! The reception/service was terrible, but the room has totally made up for that!" - The view was great, the bed LOOKED great.... Until we noticed it was 2 twin beds stuck together. Everything else seemed fine until we came back that night to go to sleep and the room was SO hot. We tried for ages to turn the air-con down, and it didn't work at all. Considering it was -15 outside, who'd have thought you'd be too hot to sleep in your hotel room. Because we had the air-con blasting all night, we woke up both feeling pretty rough, dry-eyed and just pretty disappointed at a really rubbish night's sleep.

We had a full day of travel ahead of us the next day and trusted the Intercontinental's fine reputation to give us a high standard of care, comfort and relaxation before we left. All we left with was bitter disappointment and a feeling that we'd walked into the completely wrong hotel. Maybe this was because we didn't book on the hotel's website? Do they treat customers from Expedia etc. as 2nd class citizens? Were we not 'posh' enough? I really don't know, but would appreciate some feedback on these matters.

One final thing to round off our stay was the reception staff not saying a word to us as we checked out. No - "Did you enjoy your stay?", No - "Have a safe trip." No - "Thanks for staying with us." Nothing.

I can't say enough about how disappointed we feel, it's probably not a strong enough word.

But while the rooms may look 5-Star, there's nothing that will hide the fact that The Intercontinental Hotel Warsaw has the customer service and reception etiquette of a 1-Star hotel or motel. Please address these issues.

Thanks.

PS. A hotel of this standard charging for WiFi in the rooms in 2013 is ridiculous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to give us a feedback on your last experience at our hotel. We do appreciate this, as Intercontinental team trust that the true and timely feedback from our guests helps us every day to improve our promised level of attention and quality that you and others seek using our brand.

Please accept, on behalf of the Hotel Team, sincere apologies for all discomfort that you have experienced during your stay. We feel utterly sorry to hear that you have left the hotel unhappy and even more that during the course of your stay no proper action has been undertaken from our side to assure your total satisfaction and comfort.

I must assure you though that such negative feedback we hear extremely seldom, but through that, it just assures us in belief that everyday training and investment in our people is necessary so that in the future we become more responsive to our Guests’ needs.

At end please be certain we take your feedback extremely seriously and as a token of appreciation for that and apology, we would be delighted if you would accept our invitation for a complimentary weekend stay at our Hotel. In order to book your next stay, please contact our Executive Office and we will be happy to place a booking for you.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Marten Schoenrock

Been to InterContinental Hotel Warsaw? Share your experiences!