Great place to stay in Warsaw, especially for business travellers. I liked:
- location: very central, next to the central train station, a major shopping mall, and the Palace of Culture
- room: the hotel is only several years old so everything is brand new. My room was very nice, tastefully decorated, and had everything a good hotel room should have. This includes free wifi.
- view: I was lucky to have a room on 42nd floor and the view was just magnificent.
- pool: there's a swimming pool on the top (45th?) floor with a great view of the whole of Warsaw, together with a small sauna and spa facilities. Pool is available for all guests, spa is by appointment only.
Service was ok, no remarks. If breakfast is not included in the room rate it can be expensive (90 PLN), which is a standard in Western Europe but rather pricey for Poland. But there's a good selection and you also get a classical music concert included in the price as there is a harpist playing live in the dining room.
Sleep quality was so so. I didn't like the pillows there so I must admit I've slept better elsewhere. The one quirky negative was that on the first night I was woken up in the middle of the night by some loud security announcement coming from the loudspeaker, something like "there is a technical problem, please stay in your room". Well, that didn't make me sleep better. But other than this I had a very good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star InterContinental Warsaw is an impressive addition to the ever-expanding skyline. Located in the financial district opposite the Palace of Culture and Science, the hotel is a short distance from the main railway station, charming Old Town and the Warsaw Philharmonic. Well worth a visit are the Frederic Chopin Museum and Lazienki Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Warsaw reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.