“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 115 Hotels in Warsaw
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great place to stay in Warsaw, especially for business travellers. I liked:
- location: very central, next to the central train station, a major shopping mall, and the Palace of Culture
- room: the hotel is only several years old so everything is brand new. My room was very nice, tastefully decorated, and had everything a good hotel room should have. This includes free wifi.
- view: I was lucky to have a room on 42nd floor and the view was just magnificent.
- pool: there's a swimming pool on the top (45th?) floor with a great view of the whole of Warsaw, together with a small sauna and spa facilities. Pool is available for all guests, spa is by appointment only.

Service was ok, no remarks. If breakfast is not included in the room rate it can be expensive (90 PLN), which is a standard in Western Europe but rather pricey for Poland. But there's a good selection and you also get a classical music concert included in the price as there is a harpist playing live in the dining room.

Sleep quality was so so. I didn't like the pillows there so I must admit I've slept better elsewhere. The one quirky negative was that on the first night I was woken up in the middle of the night by some loud security announcement coming from the loudspeaker, something like "there is a technical problem, please stay in your room". Well, that didn't make me sleep better. But other than this I had a very good stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our property, we appreciate the time you have taken. We are delighted that you are satisfied with our services and facilities. Please rest assured that we have noted your comments concerning sleep quality as well as technical problems and will endeavour to ensure your next stay with us is a comfortable one.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Marten Schoenrock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is an amazing hotel with very nice staff, excellent location by the main station, and i recall the cello playing during the breakfast and the incredible pool in the 43th floor with a spectacular view over the city. On the ground floor there is a chocolate cafe that you must definitely try.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Warszawa as you preferred accommodation and for taking time to write a review. We are very pleased to note that your ratings show your satisfaction with our services and facilities.
Your comment is very much appreciate as we give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us to provide the best guest experience possible.
We look forward to receiving you again in the near future.

Marten Schoenrock
Glasgow, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was only here for 1 night on business but i would gladly return here for longer any time. The hotel is well appointed and in a good position. The rooms, or at least the one that I stayed in, are very spacious. I did not eat in the restaurant (Champions bar at the nearby Marriott was a good spot for casual dining) but the breakfast buffet was as good as anywhere i have stayed. You expect a certain standard when you stay at Intercon and the Warsaw hotel did not disappoint. Warsaw is a relatively cheap destination and the hotel prices reflect this so is very affordable by Intercon standards.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ICWarszawa, Executive Assistant at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us, we appreciate the time you have taken. We are delighted that you are satisfied with our services and facilities. Your comments are very much appreciated as we give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us to improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.
We look forward to receiving you again in the near future.

Magdalena Karwacka
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had a two-night stay at the Intercontinental on the 27th floor with an amazing view of Warsaw. My girlfriend and I really liked the large windows and clean room. The bathroom was terrific and I had the best shower of my life there - water pressure was like a firehose! Really nice decor and friendly staff. Great amenities in the room too - wine glasses, fridge, safe, hanger to dry clothes. However, the only real issue we had was the "king size" bed, which was really two beds side-by-side and had a gap in the middle. Wasn't a true king size. Other than that minor issue I would highly recommend this hotel since it's located right next to EVERYTHING - mall, shops, old city, parks, rail station, all walking distance. Definitely go swimming in the pool in the 44th floor! Amazing views and simply an incredible experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ICWarszawa, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Warsaw as your preferred accommodation and for taking the time to write a review.
We are delighted that during your stay, you were satisfied with our services and facilities and that your experience lived up to your expectations. Your kind comments relating to our staff are very much appreciated and have been shared with all.
Thank you once again for your feedback as this assists us in providing our guests with the best quality.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

North West England UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is first class in almost all aspects.

The rooms, however, were too hot and took DAYS to cool down using the air conditioning.

The breakfast area could be chaotic but this was the Christmas period.

We also stayed at the Westin and this hotel definately had the edge and was a real 5*.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Warsaw and for taking the time to write a review.
We are very pleased to note that your ratings show your satisfaction with our services and facilities. Your comments are very much appreciated as we give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us to improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Warsaw.

Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was my second stay since last year, so judging from the previous experience, there are some continuously annoying things that I'd like to mention first.

- reservation department is replying at e-mails usually within 2-3 days minimum. This was the same a year before, so I wasn't surprised, but it's really unacceptable for a hotel like this. It took me almost two weeks to book a table for NY dinner (and another week to find out about it). Moreover, sometimes they just "lose" e-mails saying they never got it. For example, a day before leaving I asked the front desk to print my boarding passes for me. They told me to send an e-mail to their office and they would do it for me next morning. Needless to say that nothing was done. The only good exception is the concierge, who check his mail more often.
- there was a bottle of wine as a welcome gift, but no bottle opener. It took 3 different calls from the reception to figure out that we don't actually have it. First time I was told to look in the minibar or in the wardrobe. Then they agreed to call the housekeeping to bring it. Then came the housekeeper, but only to tell us that they're out of bottle openers (?). Finally they managed to find one in the room service and the deal was closed.
- I don't really understand why nobody reads the remarks that I make at the moment of booking. All I needed was the smoking room (there are only two smoking floors) with a double bed. Shortly after the reservation I e-mailed the front office AND the reservation office to make this remark. It was done like 5 or 6 months before the actual check-in. I do understand that people come and go, so there is sometimes a shortage of some rooms. But if you book a standard room, you get a standard room. If you book a deluxe, you get a deluxe. Why not sell the smoking rooms as a separate category, like Holiday Inn or Accor does? How can this request be "fulfilled upon availability" in a hotel without balconies or opening windows? I can deal with twin beds instead of double, or the shower instead of bathtub, because it's more or less the same. But when you're told that your half-year-old request cannot be granted for some reason, and basically you will need to go 23 floors up and down just to have a smoke - that's unacceptable. The problem was solved by paying 35 EUR/night more to upgrade to a deluxe (which was nice), yet had I known this in advance, I would choose an "executive" room in Westin, which is the same price but much nicer.
- in my opinion, 1000 PLN as a deposit is too much, if the booking is already fully paid.
- everytime when the breakfast is moved to another place (first time it was served in the "Platter" restaurant because the main one was full, this year it took place in a conference hall because of the NY dinner), it gets chaotic and crowded. The choice gets limited and the waiters desperately try to clean the tables AND to serve guests with coffee or tea, but usually they fail to do it on time.
- Internet (regardless of being free) is deadly slow and worthless. You can check the mail but basically that's all. I can't imagine why do they still charge some guests for it (their website says that it's free if you book directly or stay in deluxe room), it's ridiculous.

Now the good things.

+ deluxe rooms are good, and I definitely recommend to upgrade from standard. The main difference is the heated floor in bathroom and more in-room space. Ask for a corner deluxe (2311 is the best) for a nicer view and bigger bathroom.
+ breakfast is good and the "Downtown" restaurant offers a nice view of Palace of Culture and Science (which is an amazing building, especially at night). Fresh juice, lots of fruits, pancakes, Bircher muesli, oat porridge, assorted bread, bacon, omelette station etc.
+ staff speaks good English and generally is very helpful.

I would like to mention one person especially, and that is the chief concierge, Mr. Sebastian Brodowski, whose help was priceless and much appreciated. Among other things (making reservation at SPA etc.) he also managed to receive a delivery package and keep it for me for like a month or so. I sincerely hope that he gets a salary bonus for his hard work.

Room Tip: deluxe corner (2311) has the best view of all deluxe rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ICWarszawa, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit at InterContinental in Warsaw. We appreciate the time you have taken to let us know about things that not met your expectations on this stay, as well as kind comments especially those concerning Concierge service.

Please accept our sincere apology for all shortcomings you experienced with reservation department and your booking remarks. I am deeply sorry we did not deliver the best service that you expect.
We have shared your feedback with Reservation, Housekeeping and Food&Beverage Departments for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Please rest assured that we have noted all your comments and preferences and will endeavour to ensure your next stay with us is a comfortable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had a dissappointing previous stay which had caused me not to consider staying again, On this occassion as I was staying with my family the Intercon seemed to be our best option so decided to contact the hotel for a possible return visit and made mention of what had happened previously.

I had a resaasuring email back from Dorota in guest relations so decided to continue with my booking -in summary the visit was very enjoyable, mostly thanks to the efforts of Paulina in the executive club lounge who was very helpful with my requests for help and assistance due to the Xmas/New Year holidays restricted opening times of various tourist venues as well as some tips on the New Year celebrations on Constitution Sq.

The evening snacks in the exec lounge were better than most other places we have frequented and the staff coped brillantly on what was a very busy time.

We were alloted a corner room on the 41st floor with windows on 2 sides, my daughter was very impressed with the views, particularly from the the pool on 43rd floor. The room itself was very pleasantly decoarated with high ceilings and a good sized bathroom with a large stand alone shower, overall it felt more homely than like a hotel room.

Pawel the bell boy also deserves praise not only for his warm welcome upon check in but especially for being bright and breezy frist thing on New Years morning when we were checking out!

Breakfast was particularly pleasant on New Years morning as it was in the main banqueting rooms that had been used the previous night for New Year celebrations with the tables still set out in the evening format, all white and complimented by a harpist -a very pleasant way to start 2013!

Will return.....

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive floor room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ICWarszawa, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Sir,

First and foremost thank you very much for your kind comments and impressions about staying at InterContinental Warszawa.
I am really delighted to see that this time you enjoyed your stay and very glad that you will return!

We appreciate you have taken the time to make us aware of your delightful experience about Club Lounge, especially staff, food and room. Your words state a great value for entire team!
Your kind comments are the motivation to continue our efforts to make the InterContinental Hotel a perfect place in every way to stay in Warsaw.

We much look forward to welcoming you again soon and it will be a pleasure for me to assist you again with your future bookings.

Dorota Ziolko

Been to InterContinental Hotel Warsaw? Share your experiences!