“Standard Business Hotel. Could do worse” 4 of 5 stars

The Westin Warsaw
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al. Jana Pawla II 21, Warsaw 00-854, Poland   |
Ranked #10 of 114 Hotels in Warsaw
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Standard Business Hotel. Could do worse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a very pleasant place to stay in Warsaw. Hotel is situated in a rather modern and faceless business district, which may be good for business, not perfect but perfectly do-able for sightseeing. They are digging up the street near the hotel, so getting there on public transport from the train station can be a bit challening, however, there's a bus going to the Old Town, and generally, public transport in Warsaw is very efficient and fast.So, if you want to have a choice of restaurants, you have to get on a bus, though there are quite a few (generic) eating options in the nearby Zlote Tarasy Shopping Centre and around.

The Hotel is built in a boring and bullish business district indistinct style, bits of glass and concrete, nothing special. Reception is very friendly. I checked in at 14.00 as I had to study and was promptly shown to my room on the 10th floor. Standard room was medium size, very nice bathroom, very comfortable bed. It looked a bit unmade when I got in (just not what I'd expect from a five-star, certainly no hospital corners) but bed linens were fresh and of excellent quality... the kind of soft, god knows what thread count one gets in upmarket hotels. The room was otherwise, apart from a few nice touches (Artemide desk lamp, Eames desk chair) very balnd and a bit tatty round the edges here and there. However, perfectly acceptable and comfortable. AirCon was abit on the noisy side. As I had not paid much, I didn't really worry about any of these smallish shortcomings. However, the fact that rates appear to fall on weekends also might attract the less desirable clientele, namely some very noisy rowdy people on some kind of binge trip out - not great when you got exams or important meetings the next day.

And... you pay through the nose for extras. Wifi - 20 EURO per day. Breakfast - 99 zloty, I think. Wifi is free in the lobby, though, and somehow, the signal was still strong enough on my floor, Given this was so cheap to begin with, there had to be a catch... I'd stay here again, but I'd probably give it four stars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Anja Superlekker, thank you very much for your very detailed review - I am sure that many travelers will find it useful. Yes, you are right, the hotel is more located in a business district, but it is easy to walk to many points of interest i.e. the historic Warsaw ghetto is only a block away, the museum of the uprising is 5 minutes, the park (one of many in the city) is 5 minutes - many cafes and restaurants are in a 5 minutes walk radius and in September 2014 the subway will start running and the stop is less than 2 min walking from the hotel. I hope to see you again at the Westin Warsaw and next time I hope we make it to 5 stars - that is what we aim for. Have a great weekend and good luck with your exames (also I could imagine that you are done now). All the best, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have always heard good things about the westin from family in Poland (I am from the UK) and was told it was exclusive and very expensive. After looking around on the internet, I found that the hotel was reasonably prices - the pictures looked lovely and because of the good comments I had heard, I was actually surprised at the prices (but then again UK wages and salary are higher than in Poland so that probably explains why).
Anyhow, when we arrived I was blown away - although I had seen the buildings many times before. The buildings architecture is truly breathtaking. A contemporary yet classy feel incorporating traditional polish style with modern elements such as the amazing glass tube or the extraordinary stair case.
Me and my friend had a deluxe room which are situated on the higher floors of the hotel however I asked the receptionist if we could have the highest room possible with views over the city and she did exactly this. After receiving our room cards, we entered the lift which is a true selling point of the hotel - extremely fast and amazing views out over the city. Also, when you ring the lift, you are guaranteed to get one within seconds. I don't think we waited for over 15 seconds for a lift. Extremely responsive. Entering our room we were pleasantly surprised. Although the pictures already looked amazing, real life was better. The room was spacious, smelt lovely and the bed was heavenly. There was also a spacious desk if you needed work space and 2 comfy chairs. The en-suite was more like a bathroom. Huge with a lovely large walk in shower, lovely mirrors with lights around it and a luxurious bath. The room also has a safe in it which I recommend you use - I will explain why further down.

Unfortunately, after spending our first night in the lovely stare misto, I stupidly left my wallet on the Metro and just as I realised, the train was pulling away. I was in tears... it had hundreds of pounds in it (why on earth i decided to take all my money out with me, i do not know). Due to it being 9pm, there was no one in the metro station to help me out... I felt so lost and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get my money or my wallet back. I returned to the hotel and asked them if they could contact lost and found however it was too late and the lines were closed, however they asked me to come back the next morning. So the next morning, I came back and a gentlemen rang in and someone had handed it in! I could not believe my luck. He even printed me out a map of where to collect it from with directions on it. Extremely professional and helpful.
The breakfast selection was simply amazing. Everything you could possibly imagine, they had. Muffins, fruits, cereal, yoghurt, porridge, beans, ham, sausages, full english... the list goes on. And it all tasted amazing. If i had to criticise anything it would be the fact that they closed at 10:30 and one day we over slept - whoops.

Although the hotel states you have to buy wifi in your room, you do not. We were able to connect to the complimentary lobby wifi throughout the hotel which is useful. The tv was good however a bit funny to use but then again, all hotels have stupid TV systems.

As for the safe. It's very handy and even has a charger in it so if you leave a phone in there, you can leave it on charge. I had 2 phones - my iPhone which is my english and main phone, and a little samsung brick just to put a polish sim card in to avoid the ridiculous call charges. One night I couldn't be bothered to get up and put my little samsung back into the safe so I put it to the side/under my bed... the next morning we went out and I totally forgot about the phone. A day later I realised I left my phone under the bed and went to fetch it to find it wasn't there. We turned the room upside down and it was gone - obviously one of the maids must have taken it during house keeping - to be honest it was my fault as they do advise you to put your items in the safe provided... But when staying in a 4/5 star hotel, I didn't really think anything like this would happen. I can't think of any other way it could have gotten out of my room so it must have been room-cleaning. I wasn't too bothered though because it was only worth 5-10 pounds. JUST REMEMBER TO USE THE SAFE.

Other than that, the hotel was amazing. Breathtaking views and every other night, staff would come around with complimentary caramel sweets! How adorable.
If it wasn't for the phone incident, I would have rated this excellent but I guess it's got to happen to someone once in a while.
Don't let the phone incident put you off though. This is truly a truly amazing hotel.

Accessible... couple minutes walk from literally everything.
Helpful staff

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Peter Kasicki,

thank you veyr much for your very nice review and all your positive comments about the Westin Warsaw. We are just giving the Restaurant a new look, so you have to come back and see for yourself. I was so relieved to read that your got your wallet back after leaving it on the Metro, only to discover that your phone went missing. Would you be so kind to email me directly about this, so I can look into the matter? If the maid has taken it by mistake when taking the sheets off the bed, we would have found it in the laundry and kept it at lost & found (As maids are alywas the no 1 suspects when it comes to lost items, they are the last ones to take anything ... as per my 25 years experience).

Again, thank you very much for your great review, which I have already shared with the team - we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Best regards, be well

Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at this property earlier this month, and I would like to recognize front desk agent agent Anna M. for her outstanding service. When I checked in, there's no room available, she provided me access to the lounge to wait for my room. She came all the way up to the lounge and hand over the key (cards) after 30 minutes. When I am in need to print out some stuff, she just offer to print it out at the business center without charge. Very impressed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jefferson,

thank you very much for choosing the Westin Warsaw and for your very nice review, which I have already shared with the team and especially Anna.
e hope to see you again in Warsaw in the future - always worth a visit.

Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager
Romford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel was really lovely the room was spacious lovely soft beds everything you needed . The breakfast was lovely everything you could possibly want there was something for everyone even the fusiest of eaters. Overall we had a lovely few days in this hotel .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Brenda D, thank you for choosing the Westin Warsaw for your recent stay and a big thank you for your lovely review and the 5 stars. This is what we aim for and the team and I are very proud to receive such nice feedback from you. Let us know, should you plan to come back - thank you again and very best regards, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights and the hotel was fabulous. Rooms were enormous and we had a beautiful view from the 15th floor. It was warm while we were in Warsaw and the Air conditioning in the room was fantastic. Bottled water provided every day was an added bonus. The only negative I can even comment on (and this is a minor one...) is the window in our room was full of noseprints, handprints, etc. from former guests. It was really visible in the evening and likely overlooked by housekeeping during the day. We walked to Old Town every day and it took about 30 minutes. There are restaurants and shopping within 10 minutes if you don't care to walk to Old Town. One tip: when we checked in, we were given a coupon for 1 hour of free wifi, however, the code in the lobby allowed fast wifi access in our room during our entire stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highest floor possible. The view is amazing!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Morgan88, thank you for your recent stay with us at the Westin Warsaw and of course for your great review and feedback. I am sorry about the windows and we will have a special extra look in the futures. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future, Warsaw is always worth a trip. Best regards, be well, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager
London Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed for a bargain BA City break, two nights over May Bank Holiday.

Excellent hotel. Check in efficient and provided with maps and guidebook.

Room is of excellent quality - very well decorated, fantastic bathroom and facilities. Really clean and spotless and very comfy bed.

Breakfast here was included which was amazing for the price paid and was really good - a really good selection of hot and cold items, fresh fruit and good coffee.

The location of the hotel was great for us as we like walking and exploring. Ten mins from the central train station where train arrives. Around 30 mins walk to old town and about 15 mins walk to palace of science and culture. Some people may find the area a little quiet and business like but taxis seemed plentiful at hotel entrance. There are some restaurants nearby and supermarket (very cheap) a minute walk away. Try the polish food - very fresh and very filling.

Had a great time and really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All look to be of good standard. Higher floors can be a longer wait for elevators
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear London Travellers, thank you for your great review and for your recent stay with us - 5 stars in all categories, a BIG Thank you from all of us, this is what we aime for. You are right the hotel is located in the modern part of Warsaw but everything is just a nice and short walk away - the Golden Terrace SHopping mall for example is one of the most modern malls in Europe and the design alone is worth a visit. Ver best regards and thank you again, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've been multiple times to this hotel - it's a perfect location for a weekend getaway in Poland, breakfast is rich and tasty (among the best SPG breakfasts), staff is friendly, location is great.

The baby cribs unfortunately are the standard metallic old school SPG ones.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are facing the streets, but even those are not noisy at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear IMNash, thank you for being our loyal guest and for your very nice review. Please email me when you are coming back to Warsaw, so I can say hello and meet you in person. Thank you again and very best regards from Warsaw, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager