“New discovery in the well-known 5* hotels in Warsaw” 5 of 5 stars

The Westin Warsaw
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al. Jana Pawla II 21, Warsaw 00-854, Poland   |
Ranked #8 of 112 hotels in Warsaw
Rzeszów, Polska
“New discovery in the well-known 5* hotels in Warsaw”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I used the services of Sofitel and Marriott hotels in Warsaw so far. I had also single experiences with Intercontinental and Sheraton hotel. So basicly I have some notion of the high-quality hotels in Polish capital. My first visit in Westin was the occasion of a booking using miles from my Miles&More account (bed&breakfast offer, classic room). From the beginning hotel made very good impression. Check-in in the "gold and platinum SPG members" corner (due to quite long queue to the "standard" reception desk). We had "first visit" upgrade to the Deluxe room free of charge. Really contact, smiling service. Very spacy room at 13th floor, modern decor and equipment, separate bath and shower. Comfortable, huge beds, useful desk for business purposes. Many mirrors make room much spacy. Tasty and rich breakfast. Very helpful staff eg. there was a rainy evening and we got umbrellas with Westin logo in the reception desk. Only one significant disadvantage is quite poor SPA - only sauna, without any water attractions such as pool or jacuzzi. What is more, room rates are very reasonable comparing to the other 5* hotels in Warsaw. For sure this was beginning of our experience with this hotel. See you in the near future !

Room Tip: Deluxe room is the best value for money
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Agnieszka M, Front Office Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’m extremely proud that our hotel and our team gained a new loyal guest and what is most important satisfied guest . Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for giving us the chance to show our hospitality, services and high standards. I will share your great comments with my colleagues. For me and for my team your evaluation is a great reward and the proof we are doing the right thing.
We will be all thrilled to welcome you back. Please contact us in case of any requirements during your next visits. We will be happy to assist you.

1,043 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Upon check-in I was greeted by an amiable and helpful Westin staff member and informed that I would be upgraded to a 'corner suite' (evidently a perk of recently taking out SPG membership). A short while later a glass-fronted lift whisked me from the spacious lobby to the 13/20 floor, featuring plush carpets, mirrors and a seating area with city views.

I had a beautifully appointed room with king-size bed, armchair and footrest, a work/study area with phone/fax and a lovely en-suite bathroom with full-size tub and power-shower. The views of the city were quite nice although there were a considerable amount of construction works going on during this particular visit. Also the water temperature could have done with being regulated (warm water on a cool setting didn't seem quite right?).

The location as you might reasonably expect is very favourable (a short taxi ride to/from the train station) and as such very close to the city centre. There are a number of eating options within a couple of blocks of the hotel and a cafe and restaurant on-site...Additional amenities include conference facilities and a wellness centre.

For business or pleasure The Westin seems to offer something special...This was a room only deal on the Internet so no package/meal-plan included, however the service and facilities were all exemplary (only free WiFi in the lobby/TV channels extra). I would be delighted to stay at this hotel again in the future and am already planning a return trip to Poland's capital city next year in order to enjoy more of what it has to offer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Westin Team let me thank you for your great and so positive evaluation of our hotel, services and staff. We are all really happy to hear so many compliments about your stay and impression we made during your visit especially about the room and facilities. Indeed we have some constructions going on in our neighborhood which hopefully will be finished soon. Thank you very much for bringing to my attention the issue with water temperature which I also passed already to the Engineering Manager for follow up. Please accept my apology for inconveniences.
We hope The Westin in Warsaw became your favorite hotel and for your next visit you will stay with us again. If so please do not hesitate to contact us in any assistance or help needed.
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel was nice with a good buffet breakfast (which was included in my room rate) and cool views while riding the elevators. The gym looked a little small based on the size of the hotel, but it was never crowded. I was not totally pleased with my room. While the bed was awesome (or, heavenly), the room (#1811) showed some definite signs of wear and tear -- carpet worn in places, scratches on the furniture and the tile grout in the walls of the shower looking like it needed a deep cleaning. The hotel was located a decent distance from the Old Town and major tourist sites. Overall -- a little disappointed. OK experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Agnieszka M, Front Office Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback about our hotel. First of all I would like to apologize for the negative impression and disappointment about our rooms conditions. We are aware that after 10 years of operation and high occupancy our rooms need renovation and this is planned for next year. Thank you for your nice comments regarding the breakfast, lifts and gym.
I hope you enjoyed the city and nice, sunny autumn weather.
I wish you a nice day and I remain with best regards,
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

we stayed last week at the westin for three nights, during our long week-end in warsaw: the hotel is definitely very much comfortable and has excellent service and qualified personnel

it is not so close to the historical centre of the town (about 2kms away), then you'll need a good walk to get there, but this might be the reason for we found a great deal with almost ridiculous rates, really far from five-star budgets

the gym and the sauna were good also, and the JP's bar offers a wide selection of spirits and soft drinks, but it's not cheap

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor than 14/15: the view over the town is quite amazing, and you won't depend...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Agnieszka M, Front Office Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Stefania, Dear Marco,

I'm glad you enjoyed your long weekend in our hotel and in Warsaw:-) Indeed we have some very attractive offers and rates for our guests and it’s good to hear it worked for you.
Thank you for choosing our hotel and we will be happy to welcome you back
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

lovely room, lots of mirrors in it-me and my girls loved it! and beds.....ahhhhhh... seriously heavenly! we stayed 3 nights, most of the time were out and about, but enjoyed coming back to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for such as lovely comments:-) We will be thrilled to host you in our hotel and in Warsaw in the future.

Greetings and many thanks from the Westin Team
Lviv, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel is wonderful. I had been there a lot of times and never fails my expectations. The lounge offers a great city view, great breakfast and open bar with appetizers at afternoon.
Food quality is amazing.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have wonderful views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Agnieszka M, Front Office Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel. Such as feedback makes myself and all employees proud and gives the power to offer our best for our guests.
I would like to thank you for your loyalty and I offer you my assistance and help for your next visits.

Kind Regards
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The title says it all... I am there at least twice a month and they acknowledge that. I get always the same room which creates this illusion of home. Food is really good. Bed is literally heavenly... You really cannot ask for more ...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Agnieszka M, Front Office Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Westin Warsaw Team I would like to say BIG THANK YOU for such as great evaluation of our hotel and services. For us hoteliers it’s a big honor to hear we managed to create a home- like atmosphere for our esteem guests. We all will be happy to welcome you back any time the business or pleasure brings you back to Warsaw.
Have a great day and best regards,
Front Office Manager

Been to The Westin Warsaw? Share your experiences!