“Clean, quiet, convenient, great value!” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Westin Warsaw to your Saves list
The Westin Warsaw
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al. Jana Pawla II 21, Warsaw 00-854, Poland   |
Ranked #9 of 111 hotels in Warsaw
“Clean, quiet, convenient, great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were in Warsaw for a wedding and got a great deal online to stay at the Westin and can highly recommend it. Great location - walking distance to the old town and to a big shopping centre. Wonderful, new, modern hotel. We were particularly impressed by the soundproofing. We could not hear our neighbours at all - a rare occurence. We were also allowed a late checkout without having to ask for it. Overall, a great stay and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
stephan s, General Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear nrtravellers,
We are very impressed by your review and would like to thank you for the compliments and nice words. Highest possible rating of 5 stars.Wonderful !
Hopefully you will have the opportunity to visit Warsaw agaian and be our guests.

1,066 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had two bookings here, four days apart, either side of a friends wedding in rural Poland.

The first didn't happen, upon arrival at about 5pm I was told that the hotel was overbooked and we had been rebooked into the 'superior' Sheraton, as a SPG Gold member I don;t expect to be shifted around, whilst the staff where as helpful as could be, providing transport etc, the Shertaon most certainly isn't superior in any way to the Westin. and the check in staff refused to let me speak to a manager to complain about this.

Second stay, much better, checked in, upgraded to a club room on about the 18th floor I think, Westin usual standards maintained, great bed and good blackout curtains.

Could probably do with some additional English Language channels on the TV though!

One other note, the parking is not part of the hotel and very expensive (US$40 overnight).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
stephan s, General Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Abdylsh,
I sincerly want to apologize for the inconvenience of our booking situation during your first stay. The overbooking has been caused by human errors and was somehow out of our control. We have made everything possible to accommodate you in our sister hotel Sheraton Warsaw and arranged transport etc. We are very sorry that we were forced to move one of our esteemed SPG guests but there are days in life where you need to take serious and sometimes unpleaseant decisions. However, I personally want to thank you for your very objective feedback and rating and we are glad that your second stay was up to your Westin expectations.
As we have proven to deliver superior service we do hope that your travel will bring you back to Wrsaw and wyou will stay at The Westin Hotel again.
Best regards and greetings to Riyadh.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nice business hotel in downtown Warsaw. Really love the heavenly beds. Breakfast is very good – especially they self-made yogurts. Wifi is quite expensive but you can also use that for free in the lobby.

I didn’t like the coffee/tea maker – I’d prefer to boil the water my tea, not to get that via coffee maker :(

Also almost free bike rental outside, really a nice way to see Warsaw. Also you can use nice Volvo for airport transfers. Small but good supermarket one block away – and you can buy great apples from the road down to Hilton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Johanna,
What a great review and feedback. Many thanks for your nice words and compliments. I need to check the stand with the apples down the road and yes, the bikes in Warsaw is a real success and nice addittion to the city in the summer months. Thank you very much for the high rating of 5 stars. Hope to welcome you again to Warsaw.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our first visit to Warsaw and we were delighted with our choice of hotel. We were greeted at reception by Marcin who was welcoming, helpful and informative. We had room 1327 a corner room with double aspect windows over the city. Really lovely. An excellent buffet breakfast set us up for the day. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
stephan s, General Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Starkey,
What a lovely review and we would like to send back a " Big Thank You " for the high rating of 5 stars. It is without doubt that I passed your nice words and compliments to Marcin at the reception and we are convinced that your first visit to Warsaw will not be your last one.
Hope to welcome you again
lillesommerfugl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Westin is located only a 10 minute walk from the train station in Warsaw, which is very convenient. The rooms are very comfortable and the beds are nice to sleep in.

The thing that was disappointing to me was the impoliteness of the room service staff, I was surprised when I called to ask for extra pillows that the answer was: " I am not sure we have any. It might not happen." Westin usually does better than that in terms of service. In the end there were extra pillows.In the services brochure they say you can ask for ice to be brought to your room if you do not want to get it from the ice machine. I was very happy about that as I am having difficulty walking these days, The young man who came to our room was very rude about it, pointing out that there was an ice maching on every floor. When he saw I had my leg in a bandage he said that he would do it for me "this time, as I see you have a problem with your leg."

The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Higher up floors have better views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
stephan s, General Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear lillesommerfugl,
Thank you for a very objective, fair and good review. I sincerly apologize for the potential misbehaviours of some of our Westin Servcie Express members and it potentially could have been caused by language issues. However, we do treat this kind of comments very serious and they help us to improve. I have taken action already and had talks with the respective department heads to avoid such shortcomings in service immediately and retrain wherever necessary our associates.
On the other hand I definitely passed your compliments to the Front Offce team.
Hope to welcome you again at The Westin Warsaw and assure you my utmost attention to train or retrain our staff.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, beautiful lobby and rooms but like at other Westin hotels the true value is the excellent service. Everyone is extremely helpful and friendly and deliver great service with a massive smile. I had a couple of requests and they were all responded to very quickly and in extremely professional manner. It's also not very expensive to stay here considering the standard of the hotel.
My only criticism would be regarding the price of breakfast. We decided to just book a room without breakfast, not even to save money but just because it seems ridiculous that the bed and breakfast package would be £41 more expensive than room only! So while the room rates are perfectly reasonable the price of breakfast is just outrageous, especially for Polish standards. You can have a really nice meal in Warsaw for £10 per person so don't really understand the reasoning behind the £40 breakfast... I was going back to Warsaw 2 months after my stay at this hotel but chose to stay at a Radisson Blu hotel instead of the Westin just because they had cheap breakfast included in the price. I was staying over the weekend and I knew cafes and restaurants will be closed on a Sunday morning so paying so much for breakfast at the Westin was a real issue for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Anna,
With pleasure we all read your excellent review on tripadvisor here and would like to thank you so much for all the compliments and nice words. However, we are very disappointed that you took the discision to stay at a competitor hotel for your last stay only due to brekafast charges. We do offer very special deals and especially over the weekend there are fantastic options upon check in to include breakfast if someone did not book in advance.
We hope that due to the extremely supberb rate and service you will consider again to stay at The Westin and enjoy our highly recommended breakfast by travelers which includes the Westin Superfoods.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Westin Warsaw is a very good hotel near the Centralna Railway Station in the heart of Warsaw.
The service was excellent and breakfast buffet was very good with all things you may need for the breakfast. The view from the upper rooms is very nice, but you won't see anything from the old town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Guten Tag Frankfurter2013,
We are thrilled by your 5 star rating and sincerly would like to thank you for your excellent feedback. We all hope that you will visit the city of Warsaw again with the family to explore it even more.
Stephan Sieberg

Been to The Westin Warsaw? Share your experiences!