“No Thrills, Noisy Location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Metropol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   ul. Marszalkowska 99a, Warsaw 00-693 , Poland   |
Ranked #39 of 112 Hotels in Warsaw
Arlington, Virginia
“No Thrills, Noisy Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Spent a few days here and the location could not be more central, but that also means it is very noisy. The service was fine, but the breakfast was outstanding. Rooms are no frills, but have all you need and were always clean. A good value and very convenient, but low on charm.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Having stayed at the sister hotel Polonia Palace round the corner I decided to give this place a go mainly because I got such a fantastic rate with breakfast. I'd passed the hotel many times and hadn't really rated it as it doesn't look too impressive from the outside. I was also put off by the fact it's on a very busy junction right in the middle of town. however, it's one minute from the underground and ten minutes from Central station and about a 20 minute pleasant walk from the old town. on arrival I was very impressed by how friendly the staff were. That sort of set the tone for me. Sometimes finding friendly hotel staff in Poland can be difficult! Quite often they tend to look miserable but I understand its a cultural thing and they just want to come across as looking professional. So this hotel was an exception to that. I wasn't expecting too much because the rate was so good but I was so pleasantly surprised. public areas are clean and nice. the room wasn't to my taste but it was very clean and to a good standard. At the very least 3+ stars. I remember the hotel gave me a voucher which entitled me to a free drink in the casino which I didn't use. I was worried the noise from the traffic outside might have been a bit much but intact it wasn't too bad. Breakfast was fantastic and the staff were friendly and polite. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone on a budge who are looking for value with a great location. You're literally opposite the Palace of Culture and so close to the old town without paying old town prices. I'm marking this place based on location, staff, breakfast and overall value for money. I was very happy with my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
mkm1013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We jsut finished a three night stay in Warsaw on our way to Moscow and could not have asked for a better place to enjoy the city at a reasonable price. The room and bath were clean! The location was easy walking to Old Town, museums, parks, shopping, and the Water Palace. We like to walk, but Warsaw Central is only two blocks away. Taxi from airport was 50 pln (late night rate) and 40 pln during the day. Hotel is directly across from Novatel and Culture Palace. Breakfast is phenomenal. Lots of very good street food in the area-kebabs or pizza open past midnight. The many nearby parks are beautiful places to stroll. The noise is there, but hey, you are in the middle of the city! The shopping mall next to stattion is unique, modern, and a fun place to visit. Definitely a city and hotel worth another trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Redditch Worcs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

When I booked this hotel for a bargain price for 2 nights, I fully expected to get what I paid for - actually so much better than that. OK, the rooms are a tad small but big enough for a couple of nights. The full length opening window was an absolute bonus on a very hot weekend and the bed was comfy and clean. The included breakfast was the best I have had on trips to Poland. Plenty of continental style options and a typical Polish stew which other half loved! Location is very central and therefore pretty noisy till late at night - lots of Vodka helped with sleeping tho!! However we loved looking out the window at the busy roundabout downstairs - watching the sun go down and the city lights coming on.
Reception staff helpful with giving us info on getting the train to a town 100K away for a wedding. Couple of decent bars nearby, 24hr deli and 24 hr kebab shop.
Walk to the old town took around 20-30 minutes stroll.
We only had a day and a half but managed to fit in Uprising museum, old town, gestapo headquarters and walked for about 15km just looking at parks and buildings. Managed to find the remaining piece of ghetto wall (not as hard as I thought), and also the 2 remaining tenemant buildings from the ghetto which look like they may be made into a museum at some point.
All in all, a great budget-mid price hotel which gave us everything we needed (and a little bit more by way of fantasic late summer weather!). Would definitely use again - we shall return to Warsaw as still so many things to see. Our Polish friends were amazed at all the things we had found to do....

Room Tip: we were in room 712. Think the rooms from *06 - *16 are the ones with the view over the main road...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Salford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I chose the Metropol because of its proximity to the railway station,it was only for one night as I had a conecting rail journey next morning,I had advised the hotel that I would be arriving late,( 10-45pm) this was fine with them, on my arrival I was shown to a very nice room with fantastic views of the city at night,the problem arose when I tried to get something to eat, i was told that room service was closed but i could get a coffee from the vending machine, I was told that i could walk to a take away around the corner if i was hungry,i left the hotel and was accosted by a "lady" who offered more than food !!.I retreated and went to bed.Lovely Hotel just needs to try a little harder.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

The location of the hotel is just amazing... we took a tram from the Warsaw central station and were surprised to get off at the very next stop which was just about 400metres away.... the hotel is located right outside the tramstop and the metro stations... actually the Metro of Warsaw Central is outside this hotel...

There are lot of shopping malls near the hotel.

The Breakfast buffet is very good although at that price it had to be...The room was not bad. Very clean and maintained.

The restaurant downstairs has live jazz on some evenings..check with the hotel and it was a real treat. They were just amazing.. the food in the restaurant is not bad either.

The bed was too small for two people. Otherwise there is nothing to complain about.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Agree with the other reviewers - a nice hotel, reasonably priced, nothing special but the location, if you want the centre of town, is ideal. The breakfast is excellent, in fact the jazz club does pretty good food all day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Metropol? Share your experiences!