“Value for money on great location” 5 of 5 stars

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Krolewska 11, Warsaw 00-065, Poland   |
Ranked #13 of 114 Hotels in Warsaw
Bergen, Norway
“Value for money on great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is superbly located for both business and pleasure. 15 minutes walk to the Old Town and 15 minutes Down to Wisla river. Rooms with what you expect, full service, friendly staff and a gorgeous breakfast buffet. it is not cheap, but they do not rip you off, I felt "value for money". It is located to a great square and not much disturbance from traffic.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back in the 3+ Level
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel and the positive feedback that you have left. Your opinion matters to us a great deal, especially considering the vast experience that you possess. We are very glad that you enjoyed the location of our hotel. It is very rare for a hotel to have such a convenient location; 15 mins walk to both the historical and the commercial centers of the city. I want to assure you that we do not expect the location to change in the nearest future.
As you kindly noted, we put a lot of effort into our breakfast buffet to make sure that our guests will always start the day on the right foot. One has to agree with your opinion that it offers a great value for money.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria and please visit us again in the near future.
Kind Regards
Your Concierge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was Awesome. A bit of construction, but not after hours and well covered. Incredible service from entrance to departure. Once you get past the CIA/KGB looking security, it is a comfortable as any place I have been. Rooms are great! All amenities. Amazing pool/spa area! Location is walking distance from the old town. 8 minutes walk, maybe. Very surprised by the low price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Michael D.,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and even moreso for every of your kind words. Here at Sofitel, we try our hardest to give our guests the best service possible. It gives us an enormous pleasure when the guests notice it and even share their opinion with others. For us it is a job well done and makes us even more enthusiastic about striving to make it even better.
As you have kindly noticed, the location of the hotel is marvelous; walking distance towards the commercial center and the old town is a rarity in our capital. Furthermore, I am very glad that you liked our recently refurbished Spa and Wellness area. Right now we are working hard on the refurbishment of all the public areas as well as we have started work on the rooms. The next time you will visit us, you will find a new hotel, but with the same "impeccable service".
Should you have any questions, I remain at your disposal.
Best Regards from the Polish capital,
Your Concierge
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful visit to Poland. Our first stop was to the Hotel Sofitel Victoria in Warsaw and this Hotel just set the tone for a fabulous holiday. From the moment of arrival this Hotel exceeded all expectations. The people were amazing from front desk, to concierge, to the cleaning and turndown service, but I have now grown to understand that this is the Polish people in general. Our room had all modern ammenities and a lovely view of the Unkown Soldier. The pool must be tried. The Concierge were extremelly helpful and their advise always proved positive, (especially a restaurant recomendation to Kuznia Smaku just down the street, a must try) nothing was ever too much trouble. They were always willing to look it up if they did not know. A lovely Hotel in probably the best location for all of your sightseeing in Warsaw. This Hotel has just started into a renovation phase, but it did not affect us one little bit. No noise and no interruptions.

Room Tip: try and get a room with a view of the square of the Unknown Soldier
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a positive review of our Sofitel Victoria Hotel on TripAdvisor.com. It is very flattering to read such a positive feedback of our hotel and services we provide.

I am really glad that Sofitel Victoria was able to “set the tone for your fabulous holiday” in Poland. Our goal is to make every guest feel special and important and I am thrilled that your experience far exceeded your expectations.

Indeed out hotel’s splendid swimming pool is worth trying. I highly recommend also steam rooms and modern fitness center. Our quiet relaxation areas and as you’ve mentioned proximity to all city’s main attraction mean that you are guaranted a fantastic stay in the Poland’s capital.

Thank you very much again for your nice comments.

We truly hope to see you back soon in Warsaw!

Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed last weekend at the Victoria Warsaw with my husband. We booked via the hotel website - and what a surprise to find out on arrival that they did not have a record of our booking ! Thanks god I had the booking reservation confirmation via mail. Obviously they had a room available as it is such a big hotel - so they sorted this out - but we still had to waste time at reception - which when you arrive late is less than ideal.
Otherwise our stay was enjoyable, room was clean and spacious, hotel very well located to see the old town.
services we used there:
taxi booking via the concierge from the airport to the hotel
and room service
both services were well managed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your visit to the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria.

Reading your review, I am sorry to hear about the problem during checking in. In reference to the inconvenience that you encountered, I would like to reiterate my apologies for the discomfort you experienced.

Moreover, I really appreciate your positive feedbacks regarding our rooms being clean and spacious and about concierge and room service.

We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again in the near future, and I remain at your disposal.

Kind regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I want to take this opportunity to say that I had a excellent stay as usual. The management of the Sofitel has to be very proud of all your employees. I had as great a time and I had last year. Two individuals I would like to praise are Piotr Prasula for his
effortless help with attention to detail. You must be very proud and please say bardzo dziekuje. The other individual is Anna and you will have to excuse me because I did not
remember her last name but certainly remembered her charming and gracious attitude. She even remembered my last visit in 2013. I am very proud and want to extend good luck to her on her new position working in sales. She will do and excellent job I am sure. I have checked on line and the web site indicates there will be no room
available for my state if I decide to visit in 2014 from 20-27 May 2014. Can you check on this matter and let me know.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write review about Sofitel Warsaw Victoria on Trip Advisor. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence. Please rest assured that your thanks would be conveyed to all staff concerned.

To answer your question connected with room’s booking, please contact us via e-mail: h3378@sofitel.com

We all are looking forward to welcome you back to the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria!

Warsaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

All was perfect. my room was very large a confortable with a large king size bed and free wi-fi. Some noises (but not so disappointing) came from 7.00 am from a building on the other side of the street that was under refurbishment
The concierge service was really helpful. The breakfast was very rich and the staff was really kind and attentive.
The location is perfect because the building is at walking distance (5-10 minutes) to St. Ann, the Castle and market square.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bonjour!

What a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with your stay at the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria and that you enjoyed our services! Thank you so much for sharing your comments with other users of TripAdvisor.

Our hotel is indeed very well located, 20 minutes with taxi from the International airport and only 5-10 minutes by walk from the city’s historic district.

I’m really glad to read that you’ve enjoyed breakfast in our newly opened “Kitchen Gallery” restaurant and that the services we provide fulfilled your expectations.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Warsaw Victoria in the near future!

Curitiba-Pr
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I´m just arriving at the Hotel in Warsaw with a group from Brazil. Unfortunatelly the hotel is being prepared for a renovation, and it cannot be considered a 5 stars hotel. Maybe a 3* superior would be more than enough. They changed all our couple rooms for twin rooms without any explanation (even with lots of requests from us). The hotel SMELLS very bad, and the carpet seems to be from the Old Soviet Style. The services are very very very amateur. Please stay away from this hotel until they will be renovated. Very bad services, old style and dirty rooms, completely lost staff, and no chance to be 5* in this situation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Reading your review, we are saddened that your stay did not live up to your expectations, especially as we strive to offer our guests a wonderful experience. I am indeed deeply sorry to know about the inconvenience you experienced and that our service did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Indeed our hotel is being under renovation. We have just opened a new restaurant – “Kitchen Gallery” and already in this year we will welcome first of our Guests in our newly renovated rooms, the renovation plans include most of the public areas too.

I remain at your entire disposal for all further assistance you may require and I look forward to welcoming you again,