“Excellent service provided” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 114 Hotels in Warsaw
Belfast
“Excellent service provided”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked a king bed/room at the Sofitel but when on arrival I confirmed this was the case, I was warned that in fact they had booked me into a queen bed/room. The receptionist was very apologetic and on discovering he was unable to locate a vacant king bed/room, immediately offered a free breakfast package (my booking had been room only). I was given the option of transfering after night one but having found my queen room spacious and with a very comfortable sofa I decided to remain where I was. The breakfast hot buffet was particularly strong and included more unusual options such as sweet cheese pancakes and some lovely savoury combinations.
The service provided throughout my 2 day stay was consistently excellent and the overall value for the per diem rate was outstanding.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
GuestRelations26, Chef Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to get to Trip Advisor pages and writing your comments regarding your last visit.

First I would like to apologize for the obvious mistake that was done during the reservation process. It was however a pleasure to learn that you have found the solution offered by our receptionist as an appropriate one. Furthermore we are delighted to learn about your very positive impressions with regards to our extensive breakfast buffet and our spacious and comfortable rooms.

Your opinion, as every single Guest, is very important to us, as an advise, reward and also a motivation for the future. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and recommend our hotel with these nice words.

Looking forward to welcoming you again I remain at your disposal for all further assistance you may require.

Piotr Prasuła

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Woking
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a fairly nice five star hotel, what sets it aside is the location, which is just a stone's throw from the old town, opposite the park which contains the tomb of the unknown soldier. While the hotel looks quite dated on the outside, the interior has been kept up to date and the rooms are very modern. Free water as well as WiFi is a bonus but breakfast at 95pln (£20) is rather expensive. The recption staff were very helpful and the hotel also offers free gym, spa, sauna etc. Warsaw has many well ptriced 5 star hotels, some look better than these but few offer old town location, which is ideal for tourists.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GuestRelations26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with regards to your last stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you have found the hotel modern and that you have appreciated our free Wi-Fi and the complimentary mineral water we offer. Our newly renovated, spacious pool as well as all the fitness facilities are in fact our beloved by our hotel Guests.

What we do appreciate the most is your kind words regarding our staff. It is for us the greatest reward and true motivation to become even better in the future.

Hoping to have the chance of welcoming you again, I remain at your entire disposal for any kind of assistance you may require.

Chef Concierge
Devon, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just got back from an overnight business trip to Warsaw.

Hotel is in a good location and is very much focused on providing services for the business traveller.

Excellent staff both at the front desk and concierge.

Rooms could perhaps do with a small update but were very comfortable and clean.

Will stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all I wish to thank you for having posted such a nice comment on Trip Advisor, following your last stay with us.

Your declaration to come and visit us again, as well as your excellent opinion on the Concierge and Reception staff is the greatest reward for our daily efforts and motivates us to become even better in the future. The good news is that in the late 2013 we will welcome our Guests in first of the newly updated rooms.

Again, we very much appreciate your comments, thank you for highlighting our central but still very quiet location and we are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Chef Concierge
Ottawa, Canada (YOW)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while attending a conference held at the hotel. Every interaction with hotel staff was a joy. They are very professional and obviously very well trained. The staff in the lobby bar are friendly, very competent in English (and perhaps a few other languages), and prepare drinks with a dramatic flair. Breakfast is very substantial and varied, well beyond my expectations.

My king room was very comfortable, with a nice view over a large square. A trouser press is mounted in the closet, but I would have preferred an iron and board to touch up my shirts.

The location is handy to the old town with it's churches and wide slection of restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelations26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

To begin with I would like to thank you for taking your time on posting your comment regarding Warsaw Sofitel Victoria Hotel. Each Guest’s opinion has a significant meaning for us as it helps us to continuously improve our service, and thus meet our Guests’ expectations.
On behalf of our Front Desk and Bar team I would like to thank your for your positive opinion regarding our and also services. Your affirmative feedback motivates us to be even better in the future.
Indeed, our breakfast menu is truly delicious as it combines the specialties of traditional Polish cuisine with the French cuisine delicacies. Indeed trouser press is mounted in the wordrobe but for request the iron is available for the Guests always.

I hope that your current experience regarding Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel will encourage you to visit our property again in the nearest future.

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked the package deal (a flight plus 5 nights stay at the Sofitel) in advance. When we arrived at the hotel along with 2 other couples from our country (Israel), the first couple who checked in was told they were upgraded to a superior room on a top floor with a nice view. When it was our turn at the check in I asked the receptionist if I can get an upgraded room as well and my request was denied although the hotel wasn't fully booked. We were quite disappointed but not for long... as once I opened the door to my standard room I was very impressed by a room that has a perfect ambience, is perfectly clean and in fact, is in a condition much better than was described on TripAdvisor by former guests. The beds in our twin room (was our own preference) were amazingly comfortable, so much that we thought of skipping a tour or two so we could enjoy some good sleep during day time as well.The disadvantage was the lack of view... we had the top of adjacent blocks right in front of our eyes when looking out the window...
The breakfast is the most wonderful i've ever experienced... and I have been to many 5 star hotels world wide. A lavish, immensely rich selection Buffet. The waiters pampered us with smples of fresh deserts...
The receptionists were mostly kind and helpful.
The concierge guys were very informative and patient...
We ate dinner every evening at the hotel's bar, the food was of a very high quality... tasty and the atmosphere was very nice.
The spa is luxurious, has a cozy swimming-pool... but the massage costs 280 Zloty for 60 min. (classic) while the same treatment at the Hilton and Marriott is about 190 Zloty... which is a pity...
An ideally located hotel... was more than convenient to get just about anywhere.
We are thinking of coming back in the next coming months... Maybe this time around we'll be lucky enough to get upgraded to a superior room as the receptionist has said that everyday one couple or an individual guest is randomly awarded a free upgrade. :-)
The only one thing that's missing is photographs/videos.. as our camera didn't seem to work and was fixed only after we returned home...

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor as we asked for a smoking zone... the description of the room is found ab...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments at the tripadvisor.com.
I am very pleased to hear your positive notes regarding our services, our swimming pool and fitness area, about our rooms and their facilities.
On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for your affirmative words regarding our Hotel and services that we provide. Your positive opinion motivates us to be even better in the future.
Indeed, the Hotel has a premium location in the very center of Warsaw, close to the cultural places and business facilities. We are very glad that you like our breakfast menu which combines specialties of Polish and French cuisine. I would like to also confirm that everyday one reservation is randomly awarded a free upgrade - this is our Guest of a day with the all VIP privileges.

I hope to have a chance of welcoming you to our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel at your next visit in Warsaw.

glsgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

1st time in warsaw. before choosing our hotel we were unsure whether to be closer to old town or city. i'm so glad we chose this hotel as it made our break special. its in such a brilliant spot with the old town being a lovely 5 minute walk away and we felt really safe. We were treated well, the hotel was immaculate, the breakfast was spot on and all the little touches made it 5 star. drinks at the bar were reasonable in a lovely setting. the spa facilities were really lovely too. i honestly couldnt fault this hotel. we originally were going to book the polonia palace and im so glad we didnt as although the polonia looks very plush, its right in the city near the station which wasnt our cup of tea for an evening out. (maybe just my perception but old town is lovely at night and we met british and canadian people who live there and they agreed). i wouldnt visit warsaw again as i found the mass of 60's and 70's buildings depressing and a reminder of the past in a bad way.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

To begin with I would like to thank you for taking your time on posting the above comment regarding your stay at our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel.
The location of the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel, just next to the historical Royal Route, gives you in fact the perfect opportunity to visit all the city’s most interesting sites. The Old Town, preeminent shopping areas, concert halls, theatres and exhibition places.
Indeed, the swimming pool and our relaxation area id definitely a place to pamper yourself after a long and hectic day. Complimentary toiletries as well as fruit and beverages are a perfect addition to that relaxing scenery.

I remain at your entire disposal for all further assistance you may require

With regards,
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Traveling by myself to Warsaw for the first time, I was apprehensive about choosing a hotel. After reviewing maps, I decided on the Sofitel. I've stayed in a number of Sofitels in the U.S. and always enjoy the rooms and the service. This hotel did not disappoint. The location was great. Easy - and safe - walking distance to everything I wanted to see - Old Town, New Town, Nowy Swiat, City Centre. I couldn't have been happier than I was at the Sofitel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments at the Tripadvisor.com. Every Guest opinion is very important for us and helps us to continuously improve our service.

Indeed, the location of our Hotel is truly convenient both for those Guests who visit Warsaw for sightseeing purposes as well as for those who come to Warsaw for business. The Hotel is surrounded by picturesque Saski Garden which has a great historical value, as well as by Piłsudskiego Square which is the center of political and cultural events during national holidays.

I hope to have the chance of welcoming you again very soon and I remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require.