“Great property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 115 Hotels in Warsaw
Krakow, Poland
“Great property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

The great hotel in the city center, just few steps from all Warsaw attractions. Their service is really outstanding, they make an effort to make sure the guest have a nice stay. The sfatt at the front desk were friendly and helpful. My room was spacious, very clean, and elegant. Free Wifi, clean bathroom, nice cosmetics, A/C. The bed was extremely comfie. Nice inside pool. Good and rich breakfast buffet, however a little bit overpriced. Generally, very good choice in Warsaw.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GuestRelations26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Tank you very much for your comment. Each Guest’s opinion is of high importance for our whole staff.
As you have mentioned our Hotel is situated in the very heart of Warsaw, close to the cultural spots and business compounds.
On the behalf of our whole staff I would like to thank you for your positive comment regarding our service. It is truly important for us to meet Guest’s expectations and provide the highest quality service.
I hope to have a chance of welcoming you to our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria soon.

Natalia Hrapek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Vom Accor Group übernommenes Victoria Hotel, einziges Luxushotel Warschau's noch zu Ostblockzeiten. Daher die besondere 70-Jahre-Architektur, die heutzutage schon fast wieder modern wirkt. Inneneinrichtung auch ein bisschen betagt, mit Ausnahme des Schwimmbeckens : ein optisches Highlight mit sehr gelungener Spiegeldecke. Die Zimmer sind klassischer Anmutung, das Badezimmer klein, ohne separate Dusche, zumindestens bei der von mir gebuchten Deluxe Kategorie. Das Frühstücksbuffet ist von guten Qualität, mit Ausnahme des Kaffees. Der Frühstücksraum erinnert eher an ein Wintersporthotel, als an ein 5 Sterne Stadthotel. Dafür kann man aber des nebenanliegende, schicke Restaurant auch zum Frühstück benutzen. Hervorzuheben und Ausschlag für meine Buchung ist die sehr zentrale Lage des Sofitel. Der Service ist Sofitel typisch professionnell und zuvorkommend. Der Preis eines Zimmers übers Wochenende ist Warschau typisch sehr niedrig.

Room Tip: Deluxe room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your comment.
Indeed our Hotel was built in 1972, and thus our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria is an excellent example of that time architecture.
The SPA and relaxation area is a place that each Guest should definitely visit. Its modern interiors, mirror ceiling, relaxing music and soothing lightening will influence your day in a truly positive way.
I would especially like to thank you for your positive comment regarding our Staff.Each Guest’s appreciation motivates us to constantly improve our service.
I hope to have a chance of welcoming you to our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel in the nearest future.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Service was very nice. Breakfast was not equal to hotel quality. Room has good design but not so convinient to use, main problem is to find sockets in right places. Bed was really nice. enough light in the room. Wife was pleased to finf L`Ocittane cosmetics near washbasin
Some smell from shower.

in this price range "regency hayatt" is better on my mind,
but location and view are very good in sofitel

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. Each Guest’s opinion is of high importance for us, as it constantly helps us to improve our service.
Indeed our beds are truly comfortable and will definitely make your stay here an unforgettable experience.
As you have mentioned, we provide our Guests with high quality L’Occitane products.
I hope to see you in our property in the nearest future.

With Regards
Troon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Outside looks drab - but inside quite luxuriously upgraded. The hotel suite was superb and so comfortable - we would both like to return one day.The pool and the surrounding area was so peaceful and relaxing. The breakfast superb and there was a wonderful choice - no one can complain !!
All the staff were so helpful and pleasant. Really handy for all the main tourist stops. Spent three nights
P&B

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, December 17, 2011
Dear Guest,
Tank you very much for your positive comment regarding our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria.
We are truly happy that you appreciate the facilities provided in our property.
The SPA and relaxation area is definitely a place where you want to be. Background music, complimentary fruit and drinks as well as soothing lightening will make your stay in our relaxation area a truly nice and calming experience.
The breakfast menu includes both the French dishes and Polish specialties. The diversified menu including a great selection of food and drinks will certainly suit everyone’s expectations.
I would especially like to thank you for your affirmative remark regarding our Staff. Your appreciation is motivating us to perform even better in the future, and thus constantly improve our service.
I hope to have a chance of welcoming you to our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria in the nearest future.

Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I stayed 3 nights at the Sofitel Victoria in December 2011. Made arrangements with the hotel via email for transportation from the airport to the hotel at a cost of 55 zloty & was pleased with the service. Hotel location was convenient to Old Town and good restaurants were also found within walking distance. My room was quiet and spacious with a very comfortable bed and more pillows than I could use. I especially liked the large, modern bathroom and the robe that was provided. My only (minor) complaint was with the lighting: although there were several lamps in the room, all the bulbs were very dim and I found reading in bed a bit difficult. Check-in and checkout were both fast and easy. The entire staff was excellent - everyone seemed friendly and helpful. I felt safe in this hotel and safe walking alone in the neighborhood even after dark.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
GuestRelations26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your opinion and time taken to leave this comment.
Indeed, our Hotel provides the pick up services from the airport to our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel.
Our Hotel is located in the very center of Warsaw and also in the proximity of the business part of our capital, with numerous restaurants, night life spots and cultural places, such as theatres, museums, art galleries.
One of the biggest advantages of our Hotel is its beddings, highly comfortable and made of the specially selected wool.
I would especially like to thank your for your affirmative and kind word about our staff. It is truly motivating for us as it helps us to become even better in the future.
I hope to have a chance of welcoming you to our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel soon.
With best regards
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

My wife and I visit family in Warsaw 4 - 5 times a year. Always stay in the Victoria Sofitel and feel very much at home there. Great rooms, nice people, good food and bar. The 'My Bed' is fantastic - I have one at home too. Close to the center and old town. The square in front always has something going on: Presidents, prime ministers, the army, etc.
When in Warsaw, stay at the Victoria Sofitel !!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your affirmative comment regarding our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel. It is a great pleasure for our whole team to read so many positive and warm word about our property and service provided.
Indeed the beddings available at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria are not only truly comfortable but also made of specially selected wool, what as a matter of fact gives you a really relaxing sleep.
The location of our Hotel is truly convenient as it is situated in the political and cultural center of Warsaw and also in the proximity of business area of our capital.
I hope to have a chance of welcoming you to our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria soon.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was excited to head back to the Sofitel for my last night in Eastern Europe: my stay there 10 days earlier was wonderful. This stay was too--until two incidents as I checked out of the hotel.

Checkout: despite being an Aclub member, having left my credit card details (with a 200 zloty deposit), I was not offered express check out--which I only discovered when I tried to use the express check out on my TV. I went down to reception and there was NO organization: no queues, no system, just people stepping up to the counter regardless of whether someone else had been waiting. There were also 3-4 hotel staff in the lobby itself, chatting with one another. It was clear this was a mess--no one was doing anything about it.

After 10 minutes and a 4th person queue jumping, I got fed up. I dropped my keys and info over the counter and said "you've got my credit card details; mail me the bill." I had pre-paid the hotel; I had a 110 zloty room service bill. I went out to get a taxi to the airport and the bellman was chatting with a driver--facing away from the door, oblivious to me standing there. The driver, saw and kept chatting.

Having to interrupt the bellman so he can do his job when there's a stream of guests checking out? Ridiculous. As my bag was being loaded into the taxi the General Manager comes running out asking me to come inside to "settle my bill". At which point I explained why I gave up trying to do so. The desk agent asked for my credit card, compared the numbers and said "It's no problem" . THAT was a good use of everyone's time.

Taxi: I get in the taxi and after a few blocks I notice the metres not on. When I point this out the driver says "no it's a flat rate 55 zloty, didn't they tell you at the hotel?" No they didn't--and of the 3 other taxi fares to/from the hotel in the last two weeks no one else charged a flat rate. The fares were 27/40/30 zloty. When I checked out of the hotel 10 days earlier that driver didn't charge a flat fee.

Nothing gets me more angry that people playing stoopid games.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please let me express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important for us. Please be assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. However we do not provide the express check out possibility we really try to organize an easy departure to every guest, I am truly sorry it did not happened this time.

We appreciate that you shared your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the nearest future.

Yours sincerely
Natalia Hrapek

Been to Sofitel Warsaw Victoria? Share your experiences!