“BYOB of Water!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Warsaw
USA/Polska
“BYOB of Water!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

I have stayed for years at this hotel and must say that it has gone down with each change in management. When I started I believe a Pole was in charge and the hotel was outstanding, truly 5*s plus! At Christmas season the lobby was beautifully decorated and glorious Polish Christmas carols played throughout the lobby. Truly a festive spirit. Then, someone else came and that ended. Now, it looks like the grinch stole Christmas and certainly hijacked the music scene. Some people mention the hotel decor, I think that it is elegant and truly fits the hotel architecture but must say it is time to redecorate. My room was lovely but for instance, the back of the curtains were actually shredding due to age and elements and the bottom of the door frames were all in need of repainting. If the hotel is content to be labeled a 4* hotel they earn it truly, but if they want to be known as 5* they have a long way to go. To start, the toiletries are very basic and now (not last year) but now, you no longer get 2 bottles of free water in the bathroom!!! Even the most basic of Polish hotels supply you with water. I couldnt believe it, what would it cost, $1 a day when buying in bulk? What they save on Christmas decorations they could buy water! Also, the scrambled eggs w/ butter in the buffet were the best in the world. Now, they are dry and hard. I was told corporate wants uniformity. Bring back the manager you had about 8 years ago and return to your 5* status. One thing I will not fault is the staff, they are extremely helpful and sympathetic, kudos to the concierge staff in particular. Will I return, perhaps, location is second to none, but it is sad to see corporate be content with a premier property lose its standing. Yet I must amend the will I return, yes, but only if I get a great rate from the discounter websites because the hotel site is too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Simply superb, great location. It is one of the most beautiful buildings of the Royal Road of Warsaw, and has a great ambience. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

Everything about this hotel is excellent. The fine atention to detail by the staff, the amazing spacious rooms (best bed i have EVER been in) , the old world elegance..Its situated exactly where you want to be in Warsaw. a 10 min walk through the Royal quarter to the old town and another 10 mins to the magical Nowy wait full of cool bars....have a mohito in the bar to the imediate right of the hagen Daas ice cream shop :) The plaque on the wall as you come in shows you all the famous people who have stayed there...everyone from Niomi Campbell to Jackie Onasis, Bill Clinton to Yoko Ono. The courtyard is fantastic and have a go in the 360 degree glass lift. VERY cool. We went for the Christmas market, which I can say would compete wth ANY in Europe...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Lemeridienbristol, Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, December 8, 2009
Dear gmckernan,

My name is Michael Goerdt and I am the General Manager here at Le Merdien Bristol hotel in Warsaw.

Firstly I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write the review you have recently posted on Trip Advisor . We do value all feedback from our guests both, positive and negative, as this is the only way to ensure we continue to grow and evolve as a business. I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and are very much looking forward to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bristol in Warsaw .

I would like to assure you that I do read all reviews and share any comments posted with the associates in the relevant department. Our goal is to make sure that all guests feel as though they belong during their time with us and that each visit is a special one. Your valuable comments only assist us in ensuring that others will experience a warm welcome and 5 star service.

Should your travels ever bring you to back to Warsaw, we do hope you would consider staying with us again. To this end please do not hesitate to contact me directly on michael.goerdt@lemeridien.com if you would like to make a booking or if there is anything further that I can assist you with.

Kind regards,

Michael Goerdt
Le Meridien Bristol
Warsaw
krak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

great hotel...amazingly cheap offer..stayed here before a wedding and loved it..foraml hotel ... great breakfasts

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — bit large
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

This place is a classic. Its got grace and Old Europe style. It's located on a main street in central Warsaw and is next to the Presidental Palace. As a matter of fact, my room had a perfect view of the Palace. The staff is courteous and professional. The pool is nice. On the downside, the room decor, specifically the drapes and the carpet, were out of date, downright old fashioned. But I loved it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

This has to be one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in for a weekend break. From the smell of fresh lillys as you enter the foyer, to the wonderful tasty breakfast, to the decadent 'chocolate' cafe on the ground floor, this hotel is there to be enjoyed. It has a very central location adjacent to the old part of the city in an area of beautiful historical buildings. An excellent experience.for a weekend break. The normal rates are quite expensive although we found a great bargain through the Tripadvisor web site.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Lemeridienbristol, Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, November 16, 2009
Dear HHardinge,

Kind regards,

Michael Goerdt
Le Meridien Bristol
Warsaw
Poznań
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

The hotel offers an excellent location close to the historical attractions of Warsaw. The hotel itself is a historical building, which makes it different from a number of other luxury hotels featuring modern designs. There is a small pool and gym on Level -1. Bristol is definitely number 1 Warsaw hotel when I visit the Poland's capital city. My advice for you is to ask for a room that has been rennovated recently as they are nicer while still retaining the historical touch. On the downside, the receptionist checking us in did not smile and wasn't particularly welcoming, forgetting to mention breakfast would be served in Cafe Bristol instead of Marconi restaurant as usual. Another receptionist dealing with another guest at the same time gave her guest a totally different treatment. This, however, did not spoil my stay. Nor did the change to a new brand of cosmetics, which I liked much less than what they had offered before (with Hilton's La Source continuing to be my favorite :)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw? Share your experiences!