“Great location, very nice breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw to your Saves list
Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Krakowskie Przedmiescie 42/44, Warsaw 00-325, Poland   |
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Warsaw
“Great location, very nice breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The location is just perfect and the breakfast was very nice. The level of service was generally high, even if we had some smaller problems at the check-in desk. Very clean and quiet room.
But, as allready other rewievers have complained, I want also to wonder why you have to pay for Wifi in these days?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Masamoukari,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am very happy to be reading your kind comments, especially about central location, breakfast in Marconi Restaurant and service provided. Please note for future stays that we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in all our public areas.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

Andrew Henning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great hotel, located in the very centre of Warsaw. Nicely designed, rooms of very good quality. Helpful staff speaking English.
However I was missing free internet in the room and no possibility of making a nice cup of tea. Also, 80PLN for a breakfast is much too much for Poland.

Dear Anna S,
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts after you visit to Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw recently. We are very fortunate to have such a central location and a renovated building with good quality rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

It is situated on one of Warsaw nicest street, near the old town, with lots of restaurants and shops, even nightclubs so it feels like you can walk to most things. I was in a standard room and although rather small, it was very confortable and pleasantly decorated. The service in the hotel is efficient and unobtrusive. The staff in the restaurant and bar is very friendly. I loved the style of the Column bar, very very elegant but, delightfully old-world from the thirties, pre-WW2 but with a modern twist.
The food is generally good and the breakfast had plenty to offer even for long-stayers like me.
I would love to go back to this hotel on my next trip to Warsaw.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Marsalondres,

We are very fortunate to have such a renovated building and a great Column Bar, with history and charm. I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw as we are very lucky with our location. I am also glad that you were happy with your food and service provided and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team.

Cheshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My partner and I stayed for 2 nights recently and we're overwhelmed by the whole experience. Location was ideal, staff very helpful, and room was great. Bar was also lovely and when realizing id forgotten a couple of cleansing products the staff couldn't do more to find me replacements. Would highly recommend and I'd love to go back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Vicky2007,
Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw recently, glad that you were happy with location, room and service provided and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again to Hotel Bristol in Warsaw soon.

USA/Polska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

First off, let me say the staff as always is very good here. I particularly like the staff at the Column Bar. The concierge staff is also tops. Yet there are some issues I'd like to address and inform other TA readers about, so here goes it.
I usually stay in this hotel every year. This year I booked five nights through the hotel website for a room only, non refundable rate of approx. $100USD a night for their lowest category room.
I am an SPG member and card holder and have been for a number of years, though on the lowest level. At check in I was hoping for an upgrade to the next level room given this membership and since it was the dead of winter. When I mentioned this I was told I got a good rate. Please let me remind you you had my non refundable money for a couple months. On some other prior stays I was given a starwood preferred guest room upgrade without even asking. Let me interject, I stayed one night in Sept. in the Warsaw Sheraton, booked thru a 3rd party website, yet at check in the receptionist immediately saw that I was an SPG member and upgraded me to a mini suite. I wasn't even going to ask given it was a 3rd party booking. Now that's service! My SPG membership got me nothing, my membership a few years ago got me
coffee, tea, or cocoa served daily in my room along with 2 free shirt laundering in Bangkok. Yet nothing whatsoever from this property. Quite frankly, I booked this rate, hoping for some sort of upgrade, directly with the hotel given I was their for 5 nights, even though I could have gotten much better rates, including breakfast through 3rd party websites. Mind you, their breakfast is approx. $36USD! Now for that, rates on the 3rd party, trustworthy, websites for this time ranged from approx. $114USD to $125USD taxes AND buffet breakfast included. If this is the policy for "non status" SPG members, no benefit a all, why should we ever book through the hotel website and pay more? I spent plenty of money at the property for food and drink. Yes I got my SPG points, but that is through the company, doesn't cost the hotel anything. The long and short of it, due your due diligence, don't think SPG membership means anything, in fact I'd like to hear what the hotels policy is for members, then grab the best rate via 3rd party sites, otherwise you may be "paying" for the privilege of simply booking through the hotel site like I did.
As far as the hotel, it is lovely, though I question if all the beds received new mattress' when renovated because my mattress already was worn unevenly even this early after renovation.
The breakfast really needs a dedicated egg cook. I found it unispiring and the cold cut selection not that appealing in quality. I suggest the higher ups taste the bacon, potatoes, etc. and compare it to the other 5* hotels in Warsaw and honestly assess the taste. I found the breakfast in the Café Bristol more appealing.
This is an honest assessment. I'm in a service industry so I know what I'm talking about. Stay here? Certainly, but look at all your booking options!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Wojciech B, Resident Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear MortUSA_Polska,

Thank you for your review and for the constructive feedback as well as your loyalty to Hotel Bristol.

I was happy to read that our ambassadors of The Column Bar and Concierge took good care of you and your comments regarding breakfast are helpful However, I would like to apologize that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion regarding our Starwood Preferred Guest programme and its benefits. We highly value our loyal SPG guests and we are very strict with our Best Rate Guarantee so all our guests can be very sure of finding the best available rates through our own websites.

We will continue to focus on exceeding our guests’ expectations and would ask you to contact me directly so I may help with your next reservation.

I trust we are able to meet in person during a future stay in Hotel Bristol and in the mean time, wish you a happy new year.

Wojciech Bialecki
Resident Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I just stayed here very recently. This hotel is in the best location in Warsaw I think. Short and super cute walk to the old town neighborhood. It is historic and beautiful. Rooms are great and beds very comfortable. The staff are also great. The wine bar downstairs is a fun spot to hang out, they have delicious wines and snacks. I found a great deal on this hotel but got so spoiled I can't imagine staying anywhere else next time I go.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Doro84,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your kind words after your recent stay at Hotel Bristol.

We are very fortunate to have such a central location and a renovated building with history and charm. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked our rooms as well as Bristol Wine Bar.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol during your next visit to Warsaw.

Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The Bristol is like a beautiful time capsule, the exterior is goregous and the interior has a unique Art Deco feel. We stated in a Bristol Suite, it was spacious and decorated stylishly with a seperate lounge room and a well fitted out bathroom with lovely bath goodies but I did think the towels were small and a bit of a disappoint considering the quality of the hotel. Breakfast was delicious and dinner in the wine bar was fun. The other disappoint was the reservation system seemed to default to only 1 person rather than 2 this caused mishap at reception not once by twice.

Dear SaudiArabia1002,

I am very happy to be reading your kind comments, especially about rooms, renovated building, as well as Art Deco design.
However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with towels and the reservation system. We appreciate comments from our Guests as these opinions are crucial for us to make service better each day, therefore we will investigate that matter carefully.

Andrew Henning

Been to Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw? Share your experiences!