“Worth It for the Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Krakowskie Przedmiescie 42/44, Warsaw 00-325, Poland   |
Ranked #4 of 114 Hotels in Warsaw
Miami, FL
“Worth It for the Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We chose this hotel over the Hilton where we had enough points for a free stay because of the location only and it was so worth it. This hotel is perfectly situated just outside of Old Town (the loveliest part of Warsaw, in my opinion) and an easy walk to Nowy Swiat, Saski Gardens and plenty of other interesting places. In fact, we walked just about everywhere from the hotel. Not only is the hotel in the ideal location but it is in a beautiful location. Warsaw has it's less attractive parts - holdovers from the communist period - and that's where most of the western hotels are. This hotel is in the lovely, restored area (restored after the Nazis destroyed it in WW2) with plenty of restaurants and cafes within easy walking distance.

Other highlights to the hotel: we used the hotel car service to provide airport transfers both ways. We needed a toddler car seat and they had one ready each time. The front desk staff was extremely pleasant and gave my toddler a teddy bear as a parting gift when we checked out.

The only downside to the hotel, in our eyes, was the room decor. The room is decorated in a fashion that really isn't our taste. The look of the room we had (which was a suite, more on that in a second) was very old fashioned and the sofas and chairs in the living room area were not that comfortable to sit on. The bed was very comfortable and the marble bathroom was HUGE which was a plus.

Regarding the suite: we booked a regular room but a few days prior to our arrival, we received an email asking if we wanted to upgrade for a cost, assuming suites were available. We said yes and received confirmation of our upgrade shortly thereafter. I am so glad we upgraded. With a small child, this suite provided plenty of room for her to run around, and for us to relax in the living room while she slept in the early evening. In most hotels, the living room and bedroom are adjoined, and the bathroom is in the bedroom. This suite had a much better layout - the living room and bedroom were separated by a long hallway, and the bathroom was in the middle of the hallway. I loved the setup.

In summation, if you want the best location in Warsaw, go with the Le Meridien!

Room Tip: If you can, get a suite, the set up is fantastic for those traveling with children.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your stay at our hotel and for your valuable time spent to write this review following your recent visit.
I am sure you will be glad to hear that the hotel's room decor is going to be changed into more fresh and a bit more modern. The renovation of the hotel is due to start at the end of next month.
I am hoping to host you again at the Bristol when you business or travel plans bring you back to Warsaw again.
Michael Goerdt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

It is a lovely hotel, friendly staff, clean rooms and a HUGE bed. But being honest I was slightly disappointed. I had been told it was the very best hotel in Warsaw but it was a little shabby round the edges - could see how it would have been beautiful a few years back but it could do will a bit of a refresh.

That being said, it is a great hotel in a great location. Would recommend it - just as long as you have the right expectations - lovely not incredible

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
I have just read your comment posted on Trip Advisor page following your stay with us earlier this month.
I am glad that you liked the location, the service provided and that you found the bed comfortable.
I agree with you that the hotel needs an uplift the more I am happy to inform you that there is a plan to start a major renovation late February this year. I hope you will like the changes and you will find our hotel not only lovely but incredible when staying at the Bristol upon your future visit to Warsaw.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Spent 7 nights at the Bristol two weeks before Christmas and found it quite interesting and very comfortable. The hotel dates back to 1901 when it originally opened and has changed hands several times throughout the century and has a very colorful background during both World Wars. Be sure to read the History brochure that is in your room about the hotel. Also, I would recommend going to the little "museum" that is attached to the hotel to see some of the pictures of Warsaw pre/post war, it is on the right hand side of the building. My room was quite large and roomy and included a walk in closet and a separate sitting room. The bathroom was fabulous with lots of white marble plus a heated towel rack for those cold December mornings after showering. The television had only a few English channels and many different language channels, very international. The sound was piped into the bathroom so you can listen to the TV while getting ready in the morning. The closet was large and spacious and included a very large wall safe. The maid service was outstanding and every night they left a chocolate on my pillow and 2 fresh bottles of water without fail. The locals told me not to drink the tap water while visiting. The room had both hard wire and wireless internet which worked perfect. My only issue was the temperature of the room was very warm. I turned the two thermostats down to the lowest level but the heat from inside the building continued to keep my room really warm however, I able to open the windows to cool the room down. The breakfast each morning was outstanding with a very large buffet of hot and cold foods in the room adjacent to the hotel lounge. The check in / out service was easy and the doormen were very professional and attentive. The concierge was great and always did his best to try and accommodate our large group for dinner plans even when we tried to get a table for 12 at the last minute. In addition to being a very historic hotel and quite clean and comfortable it is also located within walking distance to Old Town and lots of other historical sites. It is also adjacent to the Presidential Palace. I highly recommend this hotel either for vacation or business.

Room Tip: The inside rooms are quieter than the outside rooms due to the heavy foot traffic, police sirens, bu...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The best location to visit and enjoy Stare Miasto. Walking distance to storic town and Zamek Krolewski, shops and superb restaurant. Very good, comfortable hotel, helpful/friendly staff. Very comfortable bed. The decor could improve a bit, but it is consistent with other hotels in other europiean capital cities like Vienna or Paris. Love the stay there. Thank you LeMeridien and Warsaw

Bardzo dobry hotel by sie zaatrzymac w sercu Starego Miasta. Hotel komfortowy, lozko bardzo wygodne, personnel bardzo usluzny. Hotel reprezentuje europejski standard ktory mozna porownac do innych hoteli jak w Wiedniu czy Paryzu. All the best and thank you for the great stay

Room Tip: Was happy with mine, maybe closer to the lifts. Do not know the noise level there
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor page following your stay with us last month. Its nice to read that you enjoyed your stay, the location and the service provided.
We are happy to advise you that the hotel is going to be renovated starting early next year so the decor will improve.
We are looking forward to welcome you at the Bristol upon your next visit to Warsaw.
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel 3 times per year in the last four years and I have to recognize that while today Warsaw has a choice of top quality hotels that matches any other mid-size European capital, the Bristol continues to have a charm that makes me return as often as I can. Being at walking distance of the nicest parts of Warsaw gives it an huge advantage over better hotels. My only worry is that the price is continuously increasing without real increase in the value of the room or the stay. And again, as many European hotels, the fact of charging an arm and a leg for the internet is quite annoying.

Room Tip: If you allow for being woken up early by the noise of the change of the guard, the rooms overlooking...
Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TA page following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to inform you that the hotel is going to be throughly refurbished, the project will start 1. quarter of 2012 and then you will feel the value for money is good, I am sure.
Apart of Marconi restaurant where we serve the breakfast which you think is overpriced, we also invote our guests to Cafe Bristol where they can enjoy not so rich but less costly morning meal. I would encourage you to give it a try on your future visit to the Bristol.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future I remain,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed here for three nights in November and had one of the best stays that we have had in any European city. From start to finish the service was excellent, including the ride from the airport in the hotel car. (Approx 25 EUR as I recall.) The rooms were well appointed, quiet and clean. Housekeeping was by far and away the best we've had at any hotel. It seemed like every day they came right after we left and were done in just minutes, but all the while doing a great job. This was truly a fantastic hotel and a real bargain at less than 100 EUR per night. We'd recommend it to anyone visiting Warsaw.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting such a nice comment on TA page earlier this month. Reading that we have met our Guests expectations makes us really happy. Please rest assured that we will share your comment with all the associates and with HKP ladies first of all.
Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Bristol upon your future visits to Warsaw.
Kind regards,
Michale Goerdt
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have been staying at the Bristol for many years. I have tried all of the new hotels including the Hyatt and other trendy boutique 4 and 5*'s but none of them come close to the warmth and service I experience at the Bristol.

I enjoy the fact that I see staff members I remember seeing years earlier and the fact that they still remember me! this is a rare trait that you rarely see anywhere else in the world today. I also have a soft spot for the building, it is one of the last remaining bastions to the Art Nouveau period with a Grand Salon to rival any building of the period, which the proprietors have nurtured and restored as opposed to re-styling it to make it more contemporary.

I am upgraded every time I stay now regardless of my SPG status, they just recognise my name on the register and put me into a decent room on the 7th floor without even a murmur, A lesson many other 5* brands could learn from, how many times do you need to check in to a hotel today before their system start's to flag you as a returning guest? Le Meridien Bristol, Warszawa is the only hotel I can categorically say, believes your custom is important to them.
Steven Herbert from the UK

Room Tip: 7th floor suite/Jnr Suite
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for writing such a great review on Trip Advisor page. I don't recall our hotel being so nicely complimented. To make our guests happy during their stay with us is our goal. Reading that we have achieved it is what makes our daily duty worth all the efforts. We are here for you to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations. Knowing that is has been acknowleged makes the difference.
Thank you again and we are looking forward to host you back at the Bristol in the near future.