“Excellent value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Warszawa Grand

You added Mercure Warszawa Grand to your Saves list
Mercure Warszawa Grand
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   ul. Krucza 28, Warsaw 00-522, Poland (Śródmieście Południowe)   |
Ranked #10 of 112 Hotels in Warsaw
Turlock, California
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

A friend and I recently shared a room here for a week. There's a lot to recommend it. The location is very good. Trams and buses are a short walk, as are the shops and restaurants of Nowy Swiat. Old Town is a pleasant stroll as well. The room was very, very quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the room was clean and spacious. The price offers an excellent value.

You have to ask for the windows to be opened, which we did--the room was otherwise a bit warm. The internet was slightly wonky and you need a code each day, but it's free.

The staff were friendly and very helpful.

My only complaint is that we could have used more storage both in the room and in the bathroom. There's no dresser and very little counter space. We both had a fair amount of luggage due to being in the midst of lengthy treks, and we had to live out of our suitcases for the week.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
GRELATIONS3384, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Grand, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You very much for leaving a great comment. We always appreciate a positive feedback.
I'm glad we've delivered the best we could at the moment but remember we are constantly pushing forward to improve our services.
Regarding the space in the room, keep in my mind that we have different types and sizes of rooms. Maybe when You'll decide to visit us again, we'll be able to offer You a bigger and prestigious room.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Ideal base to explore this beautiful city. Take some time to understand the public transport system as you will save loads on time getting to the spread about sites. Hotel is very reasonably prices and in a quiet location which is bot very well light so a little extra care is needed but no nite than if you were in any other capital late at night. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I will be returning again ASAP.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Mercure Warsaw Grand team, I'd like to express my deepest appreciation for Your comment.
It's great news to hear that we've met Your expectations and I assure You, we'll keep it up for the future.

I hope You'll visit us again soon and we'll bring an even better service.

Maui, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've stayed here a few times before and have never been let down/not satisfied...
arrived for checkin quite late...2200 hours on a Sunday...the gent at the desk gave me a superior room...nice...was on 5th floor near to elevator, but not a sound from there to disturb sleep...

though brekkie was not included in my room rate, I went down both days for it, as I've had their brekkie on previous stays and to my style it's well worth it...I wasn't disappointed...breakfast room staff is very friendly and quietly efficient...first day there was a Filipina on duty at the desk, and being from Hawaii/Maui, I got into a conversation with her...there were alot of Asian tourists there and of course the usual smattering of local/Polish/European business men/women...

went to the bar on the second night for a glass of wine...Malbec...bar person gave me a taste, out of the wine chiller refrig. and I accepted it...however, upon the glass she poured me coming more to room temp. I realized that it has oxidized in the bottle, which was abit strange as the bottle was quite full, so guessing they don't sell much Malbec there...I didn't say anything, as I'd already okay'd the pour w/the server...my bad...

rooms here are very spacious, free Wi Fi on a daily basis, plus a one computer biz center w/printer that is all no charge...rooms are well appointed with toiletries and towels...and the windows open for fresh air...which I always love...

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms facing the main street...better view and not noisy at all...ask for higher floor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GRELATIONS3384, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Grand, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm glad to hear that You've enjoyed it yet again.
It's great news that You're staying with us frequently, I hope that we can meet in person.
If You come again, please notify us at H3384-GR@accor.com or stop by the Guest Relations Desk.
It's a pleasure hosting You again.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here two nights for business in the area. Very easy (and cheap) to get here from airport with bus and then walk about 5 min. The room was modern and clean with wooden floor. Heard nothing from corridor or neighbours. Wifi worked excellent. On the same street there were also some nice bars and restaurants, but if you prefer the bar/restaurant in hotel is also a good choice for a good meal and superfriendly staff. Also breakfast was fresh with many choices. Only complaint would be too few tv-channels in English.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Warszawa Grand. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and was very pleased with the hotel. The room was nice, modern and clean. I liked that the toilet was seperated from the shower room inside the bath. The breakfast and lunch was excellent with lots of warm dishes and nice salads. The staff was very polite and efficient and that includes the staff in the reception area, the bar, breakfast room and the room service as well as the house keeping. I really enjoyed my stay here. The wifi worked well in the room - and the hotel didn't charge anything extra for the wifi.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room on the backside of the hotel. I think my room was facing the busy road, and twice...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank You for Your positive feedback.
We at Mercure Warsaw Grand, are very happy that another Guest has stayed here and left satisfied. I assure You that we've enjoyed hosting You as much as You've enjoyed the stay.
I hope that next time You arrive, we'd be able to show You even more and give You the best possible service.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here 7 nights on a tourism trip. The infrastructure and tourism sites in Warsaw are quite spread out and there is no ideal hotel location that is close to everything so a compromise is needed. The Mercure Grand is easy to get to from Chopin airport – I caught the 175 bus to Centrum, then it’s a 700 m walk. (The bus I rode had LCD screens showing the progress along the route and the next stop so it was easy to keep track of where I was.) It is also reasonably close to Centralna railway station (the station for long distance trains) – the distance is 1.4 km, a little over 15 minutes walk. Old Town, the main tourist area , is 2.5 km away, about 30 minutes walk.

Overall, as an accommodation base, the hotel is good value for money. I had a break in my visit and stayed in 2 rooms – both were modern and well fitted out, and quite large. A curious design feature was the shower which is separated from the sleeping area by a transparent glass wall, with a curtain on the outside that can be pulled across for privacy. There is a ‘milk bar’ called Bambinos across the street – a Polish experience worth trying (the milk bars serve meals that are like home cooking, and are really inexpensive).

If I were to stay in Warsaw again I’d check if there was somewhere near Centrum but on the north side of Al. Jerozolimskie and if necessary settle for lower quality than the Mercure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks from all the team for Your positive response. We're all happy to hear You've enjoyed Your visit to our capital and we hope we'd see You again.
I'm glad You find our quality top, we're constantly looking for more ways to improve though.
If You have any suggestions, please contact us at H3384-GR@accor.com

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I really liked this hotel. We spent three nights there last week and really enjoyed our stay. First of all, the staff are a huge credit to Mercure, really friendly, helpful and as a first-timer in Warsaw I really appreciated the effort they made to deal with my queries, mark places on maps and advise on shops. I wanted to shop for diabetic sweets, find a page a day diary and was worried about eating out as I have food allergies, they resolved all these queries for me.(For the record, prawns in Polish are pronounced 'crev-et-eh'!) We stayed until Monday afternoon and they very kindly extended our checkout time on request and organised our taxi. There was a young, blonde lady still in training, who was lovely. I think her name was Joanna?

Me and a close friend had a twin room, it was large, spacious, smart, contained a safe and I'm guessing, it was possibly designed with business users in mind, as there wasn't a chest of drawers anywhere which was a shame, but there was a desk with power sockets at a handy level to use a laptop. The wif-fi is free but a little patchy. You will get given a print out of codes to input for each day you are there when you check-in. We used 'basic' which is free, but you can pay to upgrade to premium if you wish to.

Even though I am an avowed bath freak, I absolutely *loved* the shower which had an additional rainwater feature, but there were no bath sheet or UK sized large towels. The largest was a UK medium size. When I rang housekeeping and asked for a large towel, the same size was bought up to me! Not the end of the world, but if you enjoy a large towel maybe pack one. I enjoyed the dinky complimentary soap, it had little massaging nodules on it, which was a nice touch.

The tea/coffee caddy carries no hot chocolate, but I was given a delicious one when I asked for one with my breakfast, it might be an idea for the hotel to add at least one sachet in for fans especially as Polish hot chocolate is delicious, I was really pleased that during my second breakfast the greeting waiter remembered me from the previous day and asked if I'd like another with my breakfast.

The breakfast spread is a mixture of hot, continental and Polish. I loved the fish platter, that was a first for me, keep an eye out for the salmon, it's yummy. Plus the soft cheese selection featured triangles of mushroom and paprika flavoured cheese too in addition to plain. The biggest and most pleasant surprise was seeing a trio of vodka bottles - honey, cherry and hazelnut I think? It would have been nice if the pastries had been rotated for a little more variety, simply because the selection in bakeries is stunning, and if there had been one high fibre cereal on the breakfast station. But despite all this, there is plenty there to enjoy, lots of fruit, yogurts, deli food, cheeses and unusual pickled vegetables like baby squashes.

The hotel is extremely well located for the town centre, much of the most attractive sights and shopping is in walking distance, go to Empik, it's like Borders, I miss that shop, so I loved it. and I never felt unsafe when returning late at night. Plus Warsaw has a C&A! That was a huge surprise, it reminded me of checking out Clockhouse as a teenager.

I also used the free wet sauna in the basement, there are two, one in each changing room. Don't be afraid to set it to '5' it doesn't get that hot until about 10mins into its cycle, if you're going to use it, be patient. I'm guessing maybe because it's unsupervised they've installed one that a generic user can use safely? When I first went down to use it and found it off I thought it might be out out of use, it wasn't, you are expected to operate it yourself. There are instructions on the wall in English and Polish. I guess I'm just used to the ones in the UK gyms being in mid-flow all the time?

If you can get a good deal price wise, I'd recommend the Mercure for sure, for the wedding rate negotiated price my friend paid, it was excellent value for money, but I really wish the toilets were soundproof or carpeted, or the door extended down to the floor. We were pleased it was next door to the bathroom though rather then set inside it. Me and my friend had hysterics at how badly and extra loudly the sound carried when one of us was using it! It's a good thing we're close. I don't know if all the rooms were like that?! Not sure how I'd cope or keep a straight face if I was sharing the room with a work colleague or on a first romantic weekend away?! I'd be mortified or insist the telly was on at the same time. But for a well-appointed, safe location, good food, great showers, amazing, faultless staff, nice beds, this hotel for me gets a very solid four stars. I'd go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing Your opinion. I am pleased to hear that You've enjoyed Your time in our hotel and I hope You'll visit us next time to see that we have even more to offer.
Your comment has already been shared with the team and we all loved it, it has motivated us for the future actions.
If You decide to see us again, please leave us a tip on H3384-GR@accor.com

You can expect the best.
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Mercure Warszawa Grand? Share your experiences!