“Smoking room for late arrival” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Warsaw Marriott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warsaw Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Warsaw Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al. Jerozolimskie 65 / 79, Warsaw 00-697, Poland (Formerly Marriott Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #16 of 111 hotels in Warsaw
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Smoking room for late arrival”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was staying only one night at the hotel for business and usually when thsi happens my checkin is after 10PM to leave the hotel in the morning.
Most of the hotels end up giving me the best room as the left overs are the most expensive ones, but in this case they gave me a smoking room, although it is stated in my profile reservation that my preference is quite and non-smoking room.
I checked in and went stratight to the restaurant and about 11:30 PM when I finally got to my room I found out that the room was smoking room and with no opening windows there is no way to breath.
I called the reception who said all the 7 rooms left were smoking rooms and they couldn't do anything.
After I told them I was going to find another hotel room to sleep a few hours and wouldn't pay for my stay, they decided to give me a non-smoking room at 1 AM, which was one level below of the room type I had reserved to start with.
Summary: service level = 0
The breakfast was also not good. It was a large croweded room due to the huge size of the hotel and nothing special for the high price paid for the night.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a friend, as there are better options in Warsaw in the same area for better prices.
There was also a party in the nearby mall close to the main strain station that was loud and noisy (no sound isolation)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Public Relations Manager at Warsaw Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Zen_to_Travel,

Thank you for taking your time and sparing your experience with us. I would like to apologise for the experience you had with the room change. It happens very often at high occupancy periods that some rooms get released only after midnight, therefore we could not assign a new room to you before midnight.
We are indeed one of the biggest hotels in Warsaw, therefore in order to provide breakfast to our guests we serve it in a breakfast restaurant that can host all our guests. At busy periods Lilla Weneda restaurant may become a demanding place.

I apologise for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I sincerely hope that this experience will not affect the trust you have shown towards Marriott brand.

Katarzyna Rudnik

1,114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed there at the end of May, 2012. We were able to check in without any delays. Stayed on 35th floor in a room facing north, which is what you want your room to face as well - much better view. The room itself was fine, clean, with very comfortable two double beds. Clean but small bathroom was sufficient with plenty of clean towels and grooming toiletries. Free breakfast, served till 11AM oferred large variety of continental breakfast usuals + much, much more. The bar on the 40th floor was nice with fantastic views of the city but I think a bit pricey. One beer and one Bellini about $35. All in all, we were happy with our 3 day stay and I would recommend Marriott, Warsaw to all my friends.

Room Tip: Stayed on 35th floor in a room facing north, which is what you want your room to face as well - much...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in mid-May. The staff was courteous and helpful. We were fortunate to receive an upgrade to a corner suite on the top floor. The room was very clean and spacious with a very large bathroom. And the views over the city were fantastic. The king-size bed and pillows were very comfortable (slept great). The Wi-Fi worked well and is complementary for Gold/Platinum members.

The buffet breakfast was available from 6:30am to 11:00am and was very good. There were a variety of hot and cold items (scrambled eggs, bacon, cold meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, pastries, omelet station, and much more). The breakfast area can get busy, but the staff kept things replenished.

The location is convenient to the train station and public transportation (buses and trams). The only negative thing with our stay was the shower which drained very slowly and would cause the floor to get wet. Overall, this was a great place to stay. We had a weekend rate which made the hotel an excellent bargain. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious with very large bathrooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Elsinore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I am not going to cover the hotel/rooms etc. as I believe there is adequate coverage. If you are fortunate and get a club room you will be totally spoilt as far as snacks and meals. Dinner is served (free of charge) on the 2nd floor and to give you an example, Saturday evening there were two different fish dishes, three meat and a mixture of roots and green vegetables. Have not found this at any Marriott stateside. Club room is on the 28th floor with an excellent view.

Location is excellent if arriving by train and the hotel is connected to the station by a tunnel. Once you take the escalator up from the platform, walk in the direction of Platform 1 and follow the signs to the Marriott where you will enter the hotel by the Champions Bar. Or, you can do what we did and go up to the main station, walk outside and then bump your cases down 24
steps to get under the road.

Bus and trams stop just outside the Marriott and you can get anywhere from there . Get a 24 hour pass that is good on buses, tram and subway. There is also a multi-floor shopping centre at the station with the likes of Marks and Spencer, Hard Rock Cafe, etc.

Room Tip: We were on the 33rd floor and had a great view of the city.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
KatarzynaAnna, Public Relations Manager at Warsaw Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear kivi4ever,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your comments with us.

I am really happy you have enjoyed your stay at Warsaw Marriott Hotel.

Moreover I will make sure to pass your comments on our evening cocktail to our Food & Beverage Director.

We hope to welcome you back in our hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Katarzyna Rudnik
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I spent a night in Marriott last week, on a business trip (this was my second visit). The hotel is located centrally, with a mall just on a walking distance from it. The hotel itself is providing good service and the rooms are clean and cosy. The rooms are not big but you cannot consider them as small. The breakfast there is full, has great variety and good quality. Worth mentioning the view of Warsaw from the room which is amazing
I would definitely be returning to this hotel in my next trip to Warsaw.

Wailea, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 20 years ago, 10 years ago, and last night. 20 years ago the Marriott was an oasis and arguably the best hotel in Eastern Europe. Today the landscape in Warsaw has changed dramatically, but the Marriott remains a very good hotel with small, but well equipped and comfortable rooms. The bed are very comfortable and the rooms ate modern. The television is a bit complicated and doesn't offer enough English language channels. Breakfast was excellent. I paid less for my stay last night than I did 20 years ago. I would happily return on my next trip to Warsaw.

• Stayed May 2012
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at this Marriott for one evening on a business trip.

The check-in was flawless. My room had all the amenities. The conference, at which I spoke, went very well, from my perspective.

Although the food in the Marriott's Italian restaurant was wonderful the waiter that served me was overselling--by a lot. I wound up with a glass of wine that cost more than my entree or starter. My fault for not asking how much the house wine cost, but his was the only complaint I had.

All in all, a fine hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Warsaw Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!