“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 112 Hotels in Warsaw
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here the night before we flew back to the US. It was a very nice place, clean, and somewhat elegant. The staff spoke English well, and were very nice. The room was clean and roomy, and the bathroom was standard. The only problem was that the night before I arranged for the hotel's taxi to take us to the airport, and the desk staff told me they would bill my room for the fee of the taxi. The next morning the taxi took us to the airport, and when the driver dropped us off, he demanded payment. I explained to him that the desk staff told me my room would be billed. He said I should have gotten a voucher from the desk, which was never mentioned to me the night before or the morning I left. He attempted to call the desk on his phone, but his phone somehow didn't have a good signal. Yeah, right. Downtown Warsaw, and this guy can't get a signal. He tried several times, and finally I decided that instead of wasting time and possibly missing my flight, I told him I would pay. The only problem was that I did not have enough polish money (PLN). I did have enough in Euros, and he accepted payment and gave me a receipt. I still would stay here again, however.

Room Tip: If taking the hotel taxi, ensure they will bill your room, and get a voucher (proof that you pre-pai...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MonikaSzwarc, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comment. First of all, please accept my apology for the hassle you experienced with the taxi service. I would appreciate if you could contact me so that we would proceed with refunding you the charge for taxi as you paid double. This situation should not have occurred and the communication between Front Office and the taxi drivers should certainly be better. I will pay more attention to it in order to avoid similar situations in the future. I am glad that the situation with taxi has not impacted to your opinion about our hotel and that your overall experience is very good.

Thank you for your stay with us and making us aware about the problem you had. Thanks to your feedback we know where should we focus my attention. I hope that we will see you again soon.

e-mail: h3385-am@orbis.pl
phone no.: 0048 22 697 37 83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Very convenient location next to Shopping Mall and Central Train Station; Excellent lobby area; free wi-fi in the lobby area; Free computers available for use with printers; Large rooms by European standards; Crisp, clean rooms and bathrooms; Good restaurant; Excellent service at Front Desk (We had an early flight and they provided us with a wonderful Breakfast Box!);

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MonikaSzwarc, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing hotel and your feedback. I am very happy that you find our team excellent, that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel itself. We do appreciate your view regarding your stay with us because only our guests can tell us if the facilities and service we provide are meeting your expectations and needs. Thank you for choosing us and I hope you will visit us again in the nearest future.

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I expected from the Holiday Inn Warsaw to provide me a service which I am used to get in the worldwide chain of the Holiday Inn Hotels. I have chosen the hotel because of the location. Unfortunately, the hotel has completely disappointed me with the extremely poor service. At a reception, there was a trainee who was completely ignorant what to do. The head of the reception, when he appeared after 20 minutes!!!!!, was equally helpless and unfriendly. Any request from me he either ignored or neglected. Instead, he tried to prove me how important is his position in the hotel hierarchy. A door boy was completely useless and even lazy to take my luggage from a taxi. I had to call him twice to collect my luggage. Generally, staff in the hotel always tried to prove me that they are always right and they are not to provide service as requested, but, rather, to "discipline" me. Not a right attitude. Taxis waiting in front of the hotel rip passengers regularly by charging them three (or more times) for every trip. It is very surprising that the hotel still carries the name "Holiday Inn" which is very much misleading to regular guests of the worldwide chain of the Holiday Inn Hotels. Is any rating being conducted to verify whether the Holiday Inn hotel fulfills the criteria set-up by the Holiday Inn Hotels corporation? It seems not, because, otherwise, the Holiday Inn Warsaw should be excluded from the Chain and its name revoked. All together, I have decided not to stay in this hotel any more in future.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel at all. Hilton is much better, staff are friedly, and price is almost the...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feelings and opinion about your stay with us. I am truly sorry reading that you are so disappointed with our service however I do appreciate your feedback because it will help me to target problem area and focus on its improvement. Therefore, and as it is the first time I have met with such dissatisfaction, I would appreciate if you could contact me at +48 22 697 3783 or h3385-am@orbis.pl. It would be invaluable for us in term of improving our guests’ satisfaction mainly because your experience were so bad that made you post your feedback after almost a year after the last stay. The behavior of the employees is unacceptable and I am very upset that the front desk was empty for so long time because according to our standards there must always be a receptionist present.

I am looking forward receiving a message from you.

Yours faithfully,
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

As a gold member of Holiday Inn loyalty program, I expect superb service. In this respect, Holiday Inn Warsaw was a disappointment. I knew the hotel from visits in the past and choose it because of the location and price (expensive, but cheaper than alternatives). I visited with a business colleague. The first evening it took 30 minutes and 3 demands at the reception before a taxi appeared. The worst experience however was the fitness room: I wanted to work out at 7 a.m, but there was nothing prepared - no light, no water, no cups to drink. When I called the reception, there was water after 10 minutes, but the cups only arrived when I finished my work out. Not the right attitude.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
MonikaSzwarc, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing hotel and your feedback. I am sorry reading that you are not satisfied with the service we provide. We do value your membership in Priority Program and the loyalty to the brand. Therefore, I am truly sorry for the disappointment you experienced in our hotel as our goal is to constantly provide superior service and accommodation. We pay great attention to customer service and we appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. For that reason I would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. We will do our best to avoid similar situations in the future. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn.

Ambler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Located in the City Center, it has a nice breakfast buffet and good mattresses on the bed, making for a restful sleep. It's located right next to a very large up-scale shopping mall and near the central train station. Trams and buses are at the doorstep making getting around Warsaw quite easy. It's also within walking distance of a really good restaurant serving traditional Polish cuisine, the Folk Gospoda. Loved the pierogies!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and posting your review on TripAdvisor.com. I am glad that you consider our hotel as a very nice one. Indeed, our hotel is located, as you wrote, in a great location. Close to the old town, restaurants, as well as business centre. I am happy to know that you had a nice sleep and started a day with good breakfast and that you overall experience is pleasant. We are looking forward hosting you again soon.

Regards,
Ashdod, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

a good hotel and breakfast (bed a little too soft )was great. very convenient to train station if you want to catch a train out of the city for a day trip. its a schlep to the old city--a taxi cost only 16 zlote...
next to a mall with a supermarket and food court.
the whole area is under construction-so a bit on the niosy side--
very close walk to the ghetto wall,the synagauge. a 10 min,20 zlote drive to the jewish cemetary.
the hotel is clean and very pleasent. Luiza at the front desk is wonderful/

Room Tip: we asked for, and got an early check-in, no problem.
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review regarding our hotel and Luiza. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make our hotel leader in excellence.
Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Saint-Petersburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Actually it good 4 star hotel.
Probably only missing swimming pool and not so luxury facade of the building are pushed it from 5 stars to 4 stars.

Hotel located quite far from oldtown, but close to modern center of Warsaw, so it's good for business purposes.

Breakfast very good and at level of 5 star hotels.

it's my favorite hotel in Warsaw

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
MonikaSzwarc, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warszawa Centrum, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

To begin with, I would like to thank you for your time taken to share your comment about our hotel. I do not know how to express how I am pleased reading that our hotel is your favorite one in Warsaw and that you consider our breakfast at level of 5 stars hotel. I see that it has been almost a year since you visited us last time. I hope that you will have soon an opportunity to experience the new Holiday Inn Warsaw we have become recently. I believe that the new design of interior, new menu, WI-FI in the rooms but the same high level of service will keep us on the top of your preferred hotels list. To see how the hotel looks now you can also visit our profile on Facebook.com.
Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comment which rewards our efforts in making our guests stays with us unforgettable. We are looking forward to host you again soon and your feedback after it.

Monika Szwarc

Been to Mercure Warszawa Centrum? Share your experiences!