“Get the most out of Warsaw with a friendly, informative personal tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Slow Warsaw

Slow Warsaw
Suchodolska 2A/12, Warsaw, Poland
+48 662390815
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 76 Tours & Activities in Warsaw
More attraction details
Owner description: Let us invite you for a walk.A walk through the typical tourist places, Old Town, Royal Route etc.. BUT the walk won't be usual.We will show you the story of the City that died and reborn...Jewish heritage, history of Kings, wars and risings - all this is still alive in the buildings and streets...We organize group and private walking tours. Check us!:)
Berlin, Germany
13 attraction reviews
“Get the most out of Warsaw with a friendly, informative personal tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Definitely the best aspect of my trip to Warsaw was my tour with Marta. Having her personal insights and local knowledge really brought the city alive. She showed me places I know I wouldn't have found on my own, and I covered so much ground in the time we had. Warsaw is one of those cities that is not so easy to navigate, so having a guide really makes sense. I'm not the kind of person who normally takes guided tours, I like to travel independently, but this was really more like having a well informed local friend show you around. The fact that we could drive to locations was good too, given that it was pretty cold the day I was there. Great value for money, I would recommend this to anyone.

Visited November 2011

Houston, Texas
“Going to Warsaw? Book a tour with Marta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was meeting my husband in Warsaw as he had been in the city for 10 weeks on business, but I was only going to be there a few days before the two of us headed on to our next adventure in Italy. Prior to leaving for Warsaw, I knew that I wanted to do a tour of the city while my husband was finishing up his work responsibilities. I saw on Slow Warsaw's site that the company offered "Warsaw Tours for Women" geared towards individuals in my situation, so I booked a tour with Marta. I had a fantastic time touring Warsaw with her. She took me to the rooftop gardens of the library, which offered amazing views of the city and river. She showed me the remains of the Jewish Ghetto. We went to Old Town and had lunch in the area and delicious "lodi", or ice cream, afterwards. She even took me to the mall to help me purchase a flat iron! Needless to say, Marta was most accommodating. She is extremely knowledgeable regarding the history of Warsaw, and her English is impeccable. I had a great time with her, and I would highly recommend her to anyone headed to Warsaw.

Visited October 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Marta is an amazing tour guide. Very knowledgable and friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We had an 8 hour layover in Warsaw before our next flight and arranged to have Marta meet us at the airport for a tour of Jewish Warsaw. We spent the next several hours seeing the sights of Jewish Warsaw and benefiting from Marta's knowledge of the time. She is a very pleasant person and my wife and I enjoyed the tour.
If you are planning on visiting Warsaw, you will enjoy having Marta explain the sights of Warsaw.

Visited August 2011
Weimar, Germany
“Marta's great tour guiding capabilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I visited Warsaw with my husband whose mother was born and lived in the Jewish Ghetto. We knew about Marta’s tour guiding company from my sister in law who had been very impressed with her on her visit to Warsaw. As described, Marta was great. She picked us up on time from the hotel, was very approachable, friendly and informative. She was a great listener as well and perfectly adjusted to our needs and level of knowledge of Poland and Warsaw. Marta Lason is terrific! I will send all my friends to her when they visit that part of the world.

Visited July 2011
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend Marta and Slow Warsaw”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

A friend and I were in Warsaw recently and wanted to tour the former Jewish ghetto area. I booked a private guided tour with Slow Warsaw based on the reviews here and Marta was wonderful. She met us at our hotel and toured us around the area, showing us all the important landmarks and memorials - there were things she included that we wouldn't likely have seen without her guiding us.

Since there's so little left of pre-War Warsaw - and almost nothing of the ghetto area - I felt it was especially important to see it with a guide. Marta is very knowledgable, warm and friendly and really helped bring history alive for us. She was also very accommodating when, due to a crisis, we had to change our appointment with her on short notice.

As a tour guide myself (but not in Poland), I consider myself to be a good judge of my fellow guides and I give Marta and Slow Warsaw my highest recommendation.

Visited August 2011