“Marta is an amazing tour guide. Very knowledgable and friendly.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 87 Tours & Activities in Warsaw
More attraction details
Owner description: Let us invite you for a walk.A walk through the typical tourist places, Old Town, Royal Route etc.. BUT the walk won't be usual.We will show you the story of the City that died and reborn...Jewish heritage, history of Kings, wars and risings - all this is still alive in the buildings and streets...We organize group and private walking tours. Check us!:)
Toronto, Canada
“Marta is an amazing tour guide. Very knowledgable and friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We had an 8 hour layover in Warsaw before our next flight and arranged to have Marta meet us at the airport for a tour of Jewish Warsaw. We spent the next several hours seeing the sights of Jewish Warsaw and benefiting from Marta's knowledge of the time. She is a very pleasant person and my wife and I enjoyed the tour.
If you are planning on visiting Warsaw, you will enjoy having Marta explain the sights of Warsaw.

Visited August 2011

Weimar, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marta's great tour guiding capabilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I visited Warsaw with my husband whose mother was born and lived in the Jewish Ghetto. We knew about Marta’s tour guiding company from my sister in law who had been very impressed with her on her visit to Warsaw. As described, Marta was great. She picked us up on time from the hotel, was very approachable, friendly and informative. She was a great listener as well and perfectly adjusted to our needs and level of knowledge of Poland and Warsaw. Marta Lason is terrific! I will send all my friends to her when they visit that part of the world.

Visited July 2011
United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Highly recommend Marta and Slow Warsaw”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

A friend and I were in Warsaw recently and wanted to tour the former Jewish ghetto area. I booked a private guided tour with Slow Warsaw based on the reviews here and Marta was wonderful. She met us at our hotel and toured us around the area, showing us all the important landmarks and memorials - there were things she included that we wouldn't likely have seen without her guiding us.

Since there's so little left of pre-War Warsaw - and almost nothing of the ghetto area - I felt it was especially important to see it with a guide. Marta is very knowledgable, warm and friendly and really helped bring history alive for us. She was also very accommodating when, due to a crisis, we had to change our appointment with her on short notice.

As a tour guide myself (but not in Poland), I consider myself to be a good judge of my fellow guides and I give Marta and Slow Warsaw my highest recommendation.

Visited August 2011
texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Like having a friend take you on a tour of Warsaw!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

What a nice way to spend two and a half hours learning about an unfamiliar city!

Marta met us promptly at the hotel and our walk was on. The pace is casual and friendly and you get the feeling you could help construct the tour as you walk and Marta would easily adjust the agenda but still ensure that you also see the most important highlights of the city.

She has exceptional knowledge of both the past and present Warsaw and her command of English allowed us to concentrate on what she was talking about rather than how she was saying it.

In the area of personal service, we were interested in finding a close match to a dish/pot our son asked us to keep an eye out for and Marta did her best to get us to some of the shops that might possibly have a match. We didn't find what we were looking for but her efforts to get us to the right places was appreciated.

We ended the tour with some coffee/tea at a local shop which gave us some time to socialize and ask more questions.

On her site a nice special discount was offered but don't let the price fool you. This is a first class tour and may end up being the benchmark that you use to measure other tours and tour guides.

Visited July 2011
Burghaslach, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So good we booked it twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I recently had my wedding near Warsaw. As many of our guests were from out of town and spent the weekend in Warsaw I wanted to arrange for them to have a tour of Warsaw. We ended up with a diverse group of 11 Americans and British ranging in age from early 20's to mid 60's on the tour. After the tour every single person came to me at different times to express how much they enjoyed this tour and appreciated getting the opportunity to see and learn about the real Warsaw. As one person put it the tour was such a personalized experience that they felt they were taking a walk with a friend rather than a tour guide.

Marta is a friendly and dynamic woman who knows her history very well. She is friendly and happy to answer any questions. She met our group at our hotel and led us through the city showing us the main sites plus several sites that you wouldn't have ever thought to stop and see on your own.

The next weekend my Brother and his girlfriend returned to Warsaw after a short trip to Germany. Unfortunately they had missed the original tour the weekend before, but had heard such good things from the others that went on the tour that they asked me to book them on the same tour. Marta was able to schedule them on fairly short notice and they expressed the same enjoyment and pleasure with the tour as everyone else had.

I can't wait for my next trip to Warsaw so that I can take another of Marta's tours. Best wishes Marta for a successful future. Thanks for helping to make our Wedding Weekend so memorable not just for us, but for our guests as well.
Ken