“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stumbled upon Buddha while we were visiting old town Warszawa. When we walked in we were immediately impressed by the decor and ambiance of the restaurant - very enchanting. We ordered a few appetizers, na'an, and main meals (one of them was their chili chicken). The food was absolutely divine - I enjoyed every single bite. I have eaten chili chicken at various places around the world and must say Buddha made it to perfection - the spices were excellent and the ingredients were fresh. All of the food is reasonably priced. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. I cannot wait to visit Buddha again (I often think of flying to Warszawa on the weekend just to eat at Buddha - it's that great!).

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very well received. The guys working there were amazing. High quality service n nice Decor. Excellent Indian food. Top notch.

Visited February 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was in Warsaw last week visiting a relative and she took me to this restaurant. It was very cold outside and I was craving for some spicy Indian food after travelling for more than 2 weeks in Europe. The manager was accommodating when I asked to make our meal spicy and he even offered to make chilli naan which was not in the menu.I was impressed as I thought that Indian food in Europe would cater to the western palate. I am very particular with Indian food and this place definitely was up to my standard. Nice decor, great food and good service. Even the chinese fried rice was nice. It is located at Nowy Swiat which is a central location and easy to access.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, Australia
“Great Indian food in Warsaw”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We felt like something different. After close to 4 weeks in Poland, we wanted to have something other then pierogi :-)

We stopped in at the Buddha Restaurant and ordered some dal, curry and naans for take away. All were delicious, well priced and served with a smile. They even spoke English.

Highly recommended if you feel for something spicy.

Visited November 2012
England
“(Mostly) poor food, and patchy service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have eaten Indian cuisine in 11 different countries (sadly, none of them located on the Inidian subcontinent!), and Buddha restaurant in Warsaw offered by far the strangest, least authentic tastes.

We visited Buddha twice, and tried the following dishes:
Starter: Chicken Pakora; Chicken 'Special' Salad
Main: Mutton Rogani Amritsari; Lamb Biryani; Butter Chicken

Now, the Chicken Pakora (starter) and Lamb Biryani (main) dishes were good - pretty flavoursome, no issues at all.

The Chicken Special Salad (I'm still not sure exactly what this is) was tasty, though not an Indian dish at all, much more like something you'd find in a Chinese or other 'Oriental' restaurant.

The Mutton Rogani Amritsari and Butter Chicken, however, were both dreadful. On the mutton dish in particular, the meat was extremely tough, even for mutton. However, the worst part of this dish was the horrible curry sauce - a dribbling, thin, bright red affair that had NO flavour, but left a horrible sour aftertaste. Again, a very unauthentic dish.

The Butter Chicken fared only slightly better, but was hugely let down by a basic lack of any kind of flavour.

On our first night, the restaurant was only half-full, and service was very good, despite the poor food. On our second night, however, Buddha was almost full, and the service was terrible. Meals were brought out far too quickly (my main meal was set out in front of me whilst I was still halfway through my starter), and ordering drinks, etc. proved to be a nightmare. Indeed, we were seated at 7pm, and didn't leave until almost 10pm - and the reason we stayed so long was NOT because we enjoyed it!

• Visited September 2012