“Sushi for those who don't know sushi” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Place Sushi
Nowy Swiat 27, Warsaw, Poland (Śródmieście Północne)
22 826 45 17
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #879 of 1,286 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighborhood: Śródmieście Północne
Neighborhood: Śródmieście Północne
San Francisco, California
“Sushi for those who don't know sushi”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I've eaten sushi on all continents and countless countries (including Japan) and I had some absolutely fantastic sushi and some terrible sushi. This was one of the worst ever. They never heard about Nato, their basic Toro tasted like they added sugar,, Tai tasted like they soaked it for hours in water with sugar. Wakame salad was also sweet. I can see how this can appeal to people who don't like real sushi. However, if you like sushi don't go there.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
seattle
“Love the place and the staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

I have been coming to Warsaw from the US regularly for the last year. Tried many a sushi place - while there are trendier places - the food and the staff I have found here to be the best of all places I have been too. I and a colleague visit at least once a week when we are in town - and let the chefs prepare our selections (different nigiri) or let them also create their own creations for us (they make some mean tar-tar rolls, california roll etc.)

The staff is wonderful There is a 79zp all you can eat special and they never limit any type of roll on us so far (but we are regulars on). Love it and highly recommend it. Location is also excellent - a short walk from Sheraton and in the midst of Warsaw's restaurant row

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Holmegaard, Denmark
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

We went there the 30th december. We passed 2 fully booked sushi restaurant on the way and were surpriced that there wasn´t any customers in this restaurant, normally a bad sign. But it also looked like it was new and it was freezing cold in Warsaw so we decided to give it a chance. And I am glad we did. I have been to many sushi restaurants all over the world, but this was proplerly one of the best experiences ever. It was so tastefull and delicious and also well decorated.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere