“What a lovely hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Torun
Sydney, Australia
“What a lovely hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

We stayed in this hotel in october 2007. It's a small hotel in the centre of Torun with a lot of character. We loved it there. The room was clean and the service good. I recomment this place to anyone that wants to visit Torun.

• Liked — The character of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

This delightful hotel is full of charm and very well placed for exploring the old town area of Torun. Our room was large and comfortable, the staff friendly and the hotel restaurant is excellent value for money with a really good menu and high standard of meals. We would love to go again and hopefully find Torun on a day when it was not raining!

Stayed October 2008
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

We stayed one night at the Petit Fleur during our travels through Poland. Torun is a delightful place to visit, and the hotel was one block off the main square, so it was an ideal location. The entryway to the hotel was very charming, and the staff were fairly friendly. However, our room did not quite live up to expectations based on pics and other reviews, but it was nice enough with an adequate bathroom (no shower door or curtain, though...). Our only complaint was that there are no 'non-smoking' rooms in the hotel and we felt the smell of smoke was very strong. Breakfast in the hotel was ok - you can choose from several options on the menu. Also, parking was not readily available near the hotel, but they do provide a discount in a lot about a 5 min walk from the hotel. We really enjoyed Torun and the Fleur is a nice place to stay for a couple of nights.

• Liked — Location!
  • Disliked — Smoking room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

Before booking this hotel, I read many pages of reviews. I didn't come across anyone who mentioned that wireless internet wasn't available in the second building down the road.

I agree, parking could be a problem. This hotel, unlike the one across the street, only has 2 parking spaces. So arrive early if you have a car!

If I go back again, I wouldn't stay in the second building, but the main one only. The decor wasn't as nice. I could hear everyone's movement in the rooms above me and people coming up the steps. My room (#3) faced a vacant house. I woke up to pidgeon sounds at 6 am. If it wasn't vacant, probably those metal spikes to stop them from perching would have been on them. My two children, had room #2 (two single beds, and smaller in size). Both rooms were clean, though at 12 degrees Celcius, no heating available.

If you are a light sleeper, like I am, this isn't the place for you!

• Liked — Location inside the old city wall
  • Disliked — second building accomodations. Noisy, no internet access!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Souzas, SP, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

Before returning to Warsaw to prepare for the long trip home to Brazil, after traveling around Poland for nearly three weeks, Torun was our last stop.

Petite Fleur lived up to our expectations. Our room on the rear of top floor was quiet, light, nicely furnished and farly spacious with a comfortable bed and adequate bath room. The decor in the public area was lovely.

We dined for breakfast and dinner in the basement dining room that offered a varied menu and good service.

The front office staff was helpful in hefting our luggae up three floors. Broad band internet and a lap top were available.

No complaints.

• Liked — Decor & comfort
  • Disliked — Lack of a lift
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

I have just returned from the Hotel Petite Fleur on a business trip. It really is a beautiful old building. Inside everything is very clean and I found my room particularly comfortable with a very modern bathroom.

It's location is excellent, just off the main square in Torun's Old Town.

The French/Polish restaurant in the basement is also very agreeable. I ate there on both nights and thoroughly enjoyed my meals, in particular the Roasted Duck with Apples. Delicious.

This should be a 5 star review, but for one thing. Apart from a couple of them, I found the staff to be pretty unfriendly and in one case almost downright hostile. A bit of a shame really, because everything else was great.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable Room
  • Disliked — A few more smiles would have helped!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Llanelli, Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2006

The Petite Fleur is a wonderful hotel, located in the center of one of Polands most charming cities, Toruń. We stayed in the guset rooms, which are located about 75m from the main hotel right next to an amazing little shop called the Emporium, who's owner is really helpful and will provide you with a free walking tour map of Toruń.

The guest rooms are slightly cheaper than the main hotel but that does not mean the they are of less quality. The room we had was very spacious and modern. It was clean and tidy, just what you need after a few weeks touring around Poland.

I never made to breakfast, I never do, but my girlfriend did. She is adamant that it was the best breakfast she has ever had on our travels and for her to say that then it is some compliment! We also had an evening meal in the restarunt and it was wonderful. The pierogi starter was simply the best thing I have ever tasted.

The staff are helpful at all times and speak good English even though I spoke mostly in Polish with them.

I hope to return to Toruń soon, I will not hesitate to stay in the Petite Fleur again.

• Liked — Location.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Tips/Secrets — Contact the hotel directly for guest room availability.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple