“Excellent Polish food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Polish
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent Polish food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

On my last night in Torun I decided to treat myself and went to this place down the road from my hotel. It seems to be a very old place, and looks a bit touristy (but not too much). I had a nice table right next to the water feature - a left over from the granary the restaurant is built in. The steak tartare I had for starters was perfect, and dirt cheap too (something like 19 zloty if I remember well?) Afterwards I had the venison with red cabbage and apple. Good but not totally my taste. All in all a very good meal tho, especially for this price & location.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

96% Recommend
  • Polish first
Star City, Indiana
“Neat old granary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were wandering around Torun looking for a restaurant that served mushroom soup. After reading menus at several different establishments and not seeing it offered, we sought information at a local bookstore. We were told that the Spichrz was the place to go. It was easy to find at the end of Mostowa street toward the Vistula. An granary several hundred years old had been converted into a restaurant. The interior was beautiful as well as unusual, including a water wheel. The mushroom soup was excellent as were the main courses that we enjoyed, including the salad bar that came with the meal. The menu also offered pheasant soup as well as pheasant as a main course which I will try if I return to Torun.

• Visited October 2013
Peterlee, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have visited Torun numerous times and always visit this restaurant as our special treat. We have been with friends tonight and we told them it was the best restaurant in town but that it was a little pricey. Their verdict easily the best restaurant in Torun and the highlight of their trip. This restaurant now seems much better value than previous, (I think no price increases for many years and a better exchange rate)
I had venison goulash and half a duck main course - they specialise in massive plates of meat for 2-4 people and whilst I have alwZys wanted this I have never yet sampled this. Our friends and us had starter and mains, with drinks and a bottle of wine and a tray of 6 vodka the bill came to £68! Absolute bargain for food of this quality and for 4 adults and a child.
This is undoubtedly the best restaurant in town but also it is great value for money also. Food was great, service was great, the decor and ambience were fabulous and we also had a traditional band playing whilst we eat.
We will definitely be returning

Luxembourg
“Excellent typical Polish food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is located in the old granary with stylish decoration. Food is excellent - traditional Polish (fantastic duck, pikeperch and pierogi); a set of Polish sweet vodkas and liqueurs (6 types) or a "hut" with 6 glasses of "wild dog" is a must!

• Visited May 2013
Kent, Connecticut
“A very enjoyable lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This restaurant is built within the ancient walls of the city and has the atmosphere of an old tavern. Excellent service, reasonable prices, wonderful mushrooms, pleasant atmosphere. For about 15 minutes each hour, there was a trio playing some soft music. We spent three hours for the lunch.

• Visited March 2013