“3 or 4 Star ?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Lublin
Watford, United Kingdom
“3 or 4 Star ?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed there only for two nights and here is how I found it:
- the first impresion was bad as the first thing after check-in was the shower which didn't work and it took about 90 minuts to fix it,
- for the inconvenience compensation, I was given a free spa allowance worth 30zloty (£6) which was quite nice of them,
- the SPA is nice but the pool is very small,
- according to the online hotel description the hotel (so i assume the rooms as well) is 4-star but I was told that my room is located in the 3-star area - disapointment
- althought my room was 3-star it was cosy, nice and clean but there was no fridge nor the safe in the room and the TV was very small and monted in the corner so it was diffucult to watch the tele from the bed and impossible to addjust it,
- most of the TV chanels were with no audio and the number of chanels was very poor,
- if you're planning the stay over the weekend, make sure there is no wedding event going on as it was very loud there until 3am on Saturday due to the wedding pary and kept me awaken for hours...The should consider at least 20% discount for such an inconvenience like that,
- the Staff was very nice and helpful but they should remember to call back to the room, if they promissed to do so, as this is not a big hotel to look after all their guests, even if it's full,
- the bed was very comfortable but, due to the wedding noise, the sleeping quality was average,
- the food was very good and tasty.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hotel_Korona, Kierownik recepcji at Hotel Korona Spa & Wellness, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Best Western Plus Hotel Korona**** Spa &Wellness. We are sincerely sorry that your visit did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectations. We value your comments and we will take whatever steps we can to correct the problem.
We hope that you will consider staying at our hotel again so that we may show you the gracious hospitality and superb service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Battle Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

This past April, I went on my first international trip, which was to Poland. During the part of my trip that was in Lublin, I stayed at the Hotel Korona just south of the city with my family. My stay at the hotel was so remarkable, I have set up a tripadvisor account for the purpose of writing a review on it. Sometimes it is hard to find reviews on foreign hotels written in English, so I think it is important to pass along this information to other English speaking travelers.

CLEAN
I had no idea what to expect of the culture and the sanitation of a hotel in another country. Being a germaphobe, I always bring cleaning products with me to hotels, so I can make sure the hotel is safe, and I also always do a thorough bed bug check before sleeping. My standard procedures when entering a hotel involve wiping every touchable surface with a Clorox wipe and then spraying down absolutely everything in the bathroom with alcohol. I also pull back the sheets on the bed to search the mattress for bed bugs and check the sheets to make sure they are clean. During these procedures, I generally find things that scare me in hotels, because they are never as clean as they look. Such was not the case at the Hotel Korona though. None of my wipes picked up any dirt or dust, and there were no stray hairs, dust or soap scum from the previous resident, as I normally find. In fact, I have never seen a hotel room so immaculately cleaned. It was almost as if a clean freak, like myself, had scoured the room. This pleased me greatly and made me feel quite safe in this hotel room.

QUIET
The atmosphere at the Hotel Korona is so peaceful. It is about 10 minutes south of the city out in the country. Everything is very quiet, and the people in the hotel make you feel like you are at a retreat. It feels more like staying with a friend than some hotels feel. With the atmosphere being so quiet and peaceful, we were all able to get very restful sleep at this hotel.

TREMENDOUS SERVICE
I do not know where to begin on the tremendous service that we received at this hotel. I cannot say that I have ever received truly bad service at a hotel, but this hotel took good service to a whole new level. It was as if each person on the staff had a genuine desire to treat us with the hospitality they would treat a guest in their own home with. When I asked for information at the front desk on how to get to a certain destination, they would go through so much work to ensure I had all the information I needed to not get lost. When I requested an item I needed, they had it to me straight away. No waiting.

One lady, Editta, at reception went so far as to drive us to our bus stop and wait for the bus to make sure that we got on the correct bus. She did this at the end of a 20 hour shift on her own time. This was after assisting me multiple times with various requests for information throughout her 20 hour shift. Every time I approached her, Editta seemed more than pleased to assist and never treated me as if I were any trouble, although I'm sure I could terribly frustrating with all of my questions.

The waitstaff in the restaurant were also fantastic. They were always prompt in bringing us our food, and every dish was prepared with care. The food was not only delicious but also a beautiful work of art. Each waiter treated us as if it were an honor to be serving us. I've never seen people take their jobs in hospitality so very seriously.

Overall, I had such an amazing experience with Hotel Korona. I strongly recommend it to anyone traveling to Lublin. You should know that it is a little awkward to get around, if you need to take public transportation, since it is out in the country. There is a bus stop, but the bus only comes once ever 2 hrs, so you have to be sure to be on schedule. That said, however, the staff at this hotel make it well worth it.

Room Tip: The beds are singles and not big enough for two people, except for the pull out beds in the couches...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for rating Best Western Plus Hotel Korona**** Spa & Wellness on TripAdvisor.
Our guests' reviews are the most valuable source of information. We really appreciate our guests’ feedback and read all their comments thoroughly, as reviews help us understand guests’ needs better and adjust our services to them better.
We are looking forward to welcoming you as our guest again soon and hope that on your next visit you’ll have a chance to further explore our wonderful city.

Been to Hotel Korona Spa & Wellness? Share your experiences!