“Fantastic Polish Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Polish Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Five of us ate here in June. Our group was multi-national and included two Polish colleagues who were keen for us to try the place as it was said to serve authentic Polish food. The restaurant was busy and we were in a side part which was good for us and we were not forgotten about. The service was excellent and the waiter's explained the menu in Polish and English, as well as chatting in both throughout the evening. The food was excellent and so was the beer. I really enjoyed my first experience of Zurek and overall I think the place was great value (360 PLN for 5 people).

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Zug, Switzerland
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very cozy place, good service and delicious food (big portions) for a little price.
Would definitely recommend it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South-east Australia
“An example of how good Polish food can be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Not usually visiting Wroclaw we went here for lunch purely based on the recommendation of someone in a nearby gallery and we were not disappointed. The staff are very professional and helpful, and the interior of the restaurant is very nice, cosy and very pleasant, but the highlight was the food. The zurek was terrific, actually initially only I ate it but my polish-born wife asked for it to be added to our lunch after she tasted what I had been served; we also had a salad and I had my usual pierogi, this time I tried the meat filling and with crispy bacon pieces and was not disappointed. Between us we had a glass of Italian red wine and a Grzaniec, both good. Definitely worth visiting again next time we're in Wroclaw.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were here in July and ate some good polish dishes on two occasions,service polite and efficient as well. Very Reasonable prices except for the wine.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wroclaw, Poland
“Not that bad, not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went there for a romantic dinner some time ago and the place was empty - it was a cold evening when all popular restaurants in Wroclaw were full (and not only those located in the main square)... but well, this one obviously is not that much popular - we were the only guests! The staff was kind and helpful but we felt a bit odd as they observed us from the distance...

I had a pumpkin cream with goat cheese and it was tasty but a bit too sweet. Then I ordered pasta with salmon and that was a complete disaster - very salty and almost completely dry. I didn't manage to eat the whole dish even though it wasn't too big. Mu husband ordered duck with cabbage which he said was tasty but nothing special.

I think this place is good in case every popular restaurant in Wroclaw is full.

• Visited March 2012