“Very nice hotel in Wroclaw” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ul. Kielbasnicza 20, Wroclaw 50-110, Poland   |
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Wroclaw
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milano
“Very nice hotel in Wroclaw”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

When we arrived, we were a little bit concerned about the possible noise linked to a wedding taking place at the restaurant of the hotel. In fact, we were not disturbed at all. This hotel is very nice and has a perfect location next to the main square of Wroclaw. There is a parking place under the hotel. If you have a big car and you arrive with the car park almost full, it is not so easy to park by yourselves but you will receive help from the portier.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Southwest France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The location of the hotel was the main reason for selecting this hotel.

Our arrival was greeted by a dangerous garage.

The chap that greeted us was extremely nice, the only one in the hotel who was actually.

The front desk personnel were not welcoming at all... It is not the first time that I had the feeling that I was given an "Internet. com.com" room. The room was small and one had to switch places in the bathroom, was located under the roof. The feeling that one got from the front desk was that they were the clients, not us.

One must know that this hotel is divided into two, the older part of the building has large corridors and are really the luxury rooms. The cost of breakfast is ridiculous: 18 to 20 Euros per person: we went out to the nearby market Square and had a fabulous breakfast for 10 Euros for two.

We will be returning to Wroclaw in November and will not stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This elegant hotel was a great base for our short stay in lovely Wroclaw. This super-clean hotel had lovely décor, AC, and was in an ideal location close to the main square. My mother and I were given a cute room with twin beds arranged toe-to-toe. My Lonely Planet: Poland guide describes the hotel as “a bit frayed,” but my mother and I agreed that we couldn’t imagine what they meant by this. We didn’t see any fraying. The staff was helpful and spoke English well.

We recommend borrowing a real hairdryer from the front desk if you use one; the ones in the room, were pretty useless. We also recommend hitting the square for breakfast at a fraction of the cost that the hotel charges.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My son and I visited Poland for his graduation trip and really enjoyed Wroclaw. We were treated especially well by the nice staff at the Art Hotel. It is beautiful place, decorated in the Old World style and has a perfect location - just off the Main Square so that it is quiet and convenient. The restaurant is a large charming space that specializes in authentic Polish cuisine. Wroclaw was our favorite city in a trip that included Warsaw, Krakow, and Olstzyn - be sure to spend some time there!!!

germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

The hotel is located right in the old center of Wroclaw, behind the Rynek with the Town Hall, lots of restaurants, etc. just a minute's walk away.
The hotel itself is in an old building. You should walk up the impressive steps and look in the back of the restaurant where you'll find a beautiful room with a well and stone floors.
The breakfast is fantastic - everything from melon to fish and scrambled eggs is served.
The rooms are held in grey and beige tones. Both the rooms and the bathrooms are very clean.
If you go to Wroclaw, don't miss out on a walk to the cathedral and island with the blue bridge that has thousands of "love locks" on it. Also, eat the traditional "pierogis" (type of dumplings) that you can get filled with any sort of filling, for example with meat, cheese or blueberries.

Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

My sister and I (we are 60-somethings) spent 3 nights at Art Hotel in mid-June 2011. It was our first stop after an exhausting, once-postponed trans-Atlantic flight; we were hopeful of comfort and convenience and wow, did we get it! The staff are kind, efficient, speak excellent English, and were very helpful in getting us very pleasant rooms, close together. The in-house restaurant was excellent -- we ate several of our meals there, breakfast also excellent -- and we found the food better than what was on offer at the many restaurants on the central square. Speaking of which, don't miss seeing the square! Ryken is only a block away and is delightfully picturesque, more-so than better-known Krakow. We would definitely return to Art Hotel again!

Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have stayed in Art Hotel few times. Last year I had a very unpleasant situation - the hotel charged my credit card for the room and 6 months later sends a reminder to my company for unpaid invoice. There was a lot of hassle with it, and it took weeks until they finally found the payment. This year I have tried again. I made booking, like usually I do, last minute by booking.com. On arrival I have spent 10 minutes explaining that I would like to have an invoice ready for the next morning, when I will be checking out. In the morning, I was in hurry for the airport, but no invoice was prepared. Again I had to wait for receptionist to fill out data. Much to my surprise they have already charged my credit card the day before with "guest not show" remark. The only explanation I received was "we are new to booking.com and we always to that!". Staff not even tried to resolve this problem. You can imagine, how frustrating is to explain to the bookkeeping department "no show" on a company's credit card.
Moreover the WiFi connection in the room was very poor.
The location is perfect, but I'd rather recommend Patio on the same street, with free breakfast served to the room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Art Hotel? Share your experiences!