“Nice Hotel, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Qubus Hotel Wroclaw
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ul. Sw. Marii Magdaleny 2, Wroclaw 50-103, Poland   |
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Wroclaw
Hagerstown
“Nice Hotel, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The location is outstanding with just a short walk to the Market Square. The staff was exceptionally helpful & friendly. Our room, & especially the bed, was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was amazing, with a huge selection, attentive staff & excellent coffee. Wi-Fi is available in the lobby, with the rooms being wired for internet. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

It was really nice experience, the hotel is in the very heart of the city surrounded with such beautiful buildings. The hotel itself is not so much nice outside, but it is nicely furnished, the personal is very friendly and food is very delicious, you have really wide choice for breakfast!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is located in the center of Wroclaw. It’s clean, good beds en very friendly personal.
There are many good restaurants in the center so I wouldn’t advice to eat in the hotel. I’ve done it once and was a bit disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I found the Qubus Wroclaw generally very pleasant - I had a spacious room on a higher floor which was cool and well-ventilated with the door to the wrap-around balcony open; the aircon was not icy cold but was adequate. The area is really convenient - on the edges of the Old Town but just a few minutes walk to the central square with a really good supermarket about a block away and close to several tram lines. The immediate vicinity was a bit noisy at night - there was a cafe very close by playing loud music, but it stopped around midnight.

The one outstanding disappointment for me was the quality of the internet access. I booked the room via hotels.com, which stated that the hotel has both wired internet and wifi available in all rooms at no cost to the guest. When I checked in, the receptionist told me that the internet connection was via cable, gave me a code to log in, and described how to plug the cable in to my laptop. However, when I went to connect in the room, there was no cable and in fact no port. I found the wireless network and connected to that, but it was literally the slowest "high speed" connection I have ever seen. The status showed a possible connection speed of 11 mbps, but over the course of three days, I was never able to get an actual speed over 1 mbps. The connection also kept dropping.

I went down to the front desk and found a different receptionist and inquired about the possibility of a wired connection. She said the hotel does not have wired internet at all, and that all rooms have wifi. (This is consistent with the hotel's own site, but not with the described amenities on their hotels.com listing.) When I reported the issues with speed and connectivity, she gave me a new log-in code. It didn't help. I ended up using the data connection from my tethered mobile phone for the duration of my stay.

Long story short - still a nice place for a purely leisure visit, but if you'll need to do anything on line, bring your own connection or stay elsewhere. Give that the hotel describes itself as a business class hotel, the lack of a usable internet connection seems like a significant drawback - though not one every traveller will care about or even notice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
QubusHotel, Anna Kania, Deputy GM at Qubus Hotel Wroclaw, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay in Qubus Hotel Wrocław. I am pleased to read that you are found our room comfortable and location convenient.
I am very sorry that you are not fully satisfy. Your information about problem with internet access is very important for us. We aim to be great hosts to both: corporate and leisure Guests due to your opinion we can eliminate this kind of problems and offer our Guests the best service in each way. We assure that we offer fast internet connection (we have to kinds of rooms with wired internet and wi-fi) so I am very sorry for that inconvenience and misinformation in reception desk. We are working with reception team to avoid this kind of problem in the future. We encourage to check our service one more time.

We are hoping to see you again soon in your business our leisure trip.
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Qubus hotel during a 3 day city break there. The hotel is modern, clean, has helpful friendly staff and is in a superb location about 5 minutes walk away from the old town square. Despite the city being 90% destroyed during WW2 it has been beautifully restored with many of the building looking similar to those in Bruge. We spent many a happy time just sitting in one of the many cafes in the square just watching the world go by whilst having a meal or a drink. In some of the city squares such as Tallinn the prices for food and drink are inflated but this is not the case in Wroclaw. Prices for food and drink are reasonable and cheaper than in UK. Don't buy breakfast in the Qubus as it is a costly euro 17. We had lovely scrambled eggs with ham, coffee and rolls for about £5 in the town square. The hotel is about 30 minutes by bus from the airport and the fare is under a pound. If you enjoy old cites with lovely buildings I highly recommend this city and would definitely stay at the Qubus if I visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

A reasonably modern hotel, very well located a block from the main square in a quiet street. Room was a good size, well equipped, good speed WIFI. Efficient reception. Did not have breakfast as there are many good cafes nearby, much cheaper but hotel was good value.

Room Tip: I think most rooms are good but those at the back would be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
QubusHotel, Anna Trevena, General Manager at Qubus Hotel Wroclaw, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on our Hotel with us. My team and I are glad that all your expectations were met. Hopefully we shall see you again.
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed in Qubus hotel Wroclaw for one night, during a travel trough Eastern Europe. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had a huge corner room with view on the Cathedral. The hotel is only 1 minute away from the magnificent town square, so excellent location. Rooms were clean and all amenities like a swimming pool and sauna available.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay in Qubus Hotel Wrocław. I am pleased to read that you were happy with the room as well as the level of service quality. I hope you choose our Hotel again next time you are in this part of Europe.

Been to Qubus Hotel Wroclaw? Share your experiences!