“The best beds in Poland?” 5 of 5 stars

Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ul. sw. Mikolaja 67, Wroclaw 50-127, Poland   |
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Wroclaw
Oslo, Norway
“The best beds in Poland?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

It was our second visit within a year to Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town. The hotel has a perfect location close to the beautiful old market square, but there is no trafic noise. As the first time we visited the service of the hotel was excellent. They helped us to get tickets for the Opera House and arranged the transfer to the airport. The hotel has exceptionally good beds, a good reason for choosing this hotel! In addition their breakfast buffet has a very high standard. It is a hotel we look forward to come back to and which we would reccommend to our friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Artmann-Sofitel, General Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
thanks for taking the time and sharing the experience in our hotel here on Tripadvisor. It is great to read that you have enjoyed our efforts to make your memorable. And, should the occasion come that you need to buy a new bed for your home, be aware the you can purchase our MyBed concept at our Sofitel Boutique website. We certainly will look forward to welcome you soon again in our Hotel. All the best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Brand new, with nice business design, large and comfortable rooms. This hotel has perfect location in Wroclaw's Old Town. Very nice and friendly staff. Excellent value for money. Nice bar with large choice of drinks. Quick and polite room service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Artmann-Sofitel, Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Traveler,
your positive words about our Hotel and Service are highly appreciate. Thank you for sharing them with us. It will motivate us to optimize our focus to ensure memorable moments and personal service in our Hotel. All the best and hope to see you soon again! warm regards
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed foe 3 nights, single female. The door staff were extremely helpful, getting me to my destination and organising a taxi back each day, Marius(or maybe Markus-sorry!) especially. I had room service meals. On this occasion, the tray charge was probably justified, with food served on a trolley in the room, so much more sophisticated than getting caught bent double in the corridor, with one foot attempting to keep the door from closing, putting the tray out for collection! Food was excellent and staff very friendly and efficient.
I had a luxury room, which includes a free minibar(well stocked with alcohol and soft drinks) which is replenished daily. The bed was fantastically comfortable and there was everything you needed in the room.
Great location. Smoking rooms too!

Room Tip: Luxury room has everything you need.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
we are very happy to hear who much you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate, that you took the time to share your experience with us and fellow travelers. As service from the heart is our key focus, I will certainly share you positive comments with our team for further encouragement; it is alway nice to see the outcome of our efforts. Thank you very much and we look forward to welcome you soon again in Wroclaw. warm regards
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I chose Sofitel because of French chain Accor that should guarantee a quality stay. It was my pleasure upon arrival that the hotel is very quiet that will make my weekend stay very productive. I was woke up by the noise of drilling loudly all over the hotel. I decided to go for Balinese massage hoping that it would be better after a certain hour. Upon return to room to continue my work, the drill was right on top of my room and stay until 6.00pm. It's headache at the end. Front desk said that it's unavoidable and it was for the safety and security of guest. Sincerely, It's not my problem that this hotel didn't install a proper equipment. I was forced to stay with a bad headache as a gift from them. Definitely will not return to this hotel and also consider if I need to stay in this hotel chain again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Artmann-Sofitel, Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
we are terribly sorry that you have been affected by the emergency works in our hotel, as we had tried our very best to avoid these works disturb you in the room. Unfortunaltely, these measures were urgent on that weekend and for the pure saftey and security of our guest. However, I agree that the noise should not have reached you as we tried to allocate you far away from the works. Please rest ensured, that for your next visit a memorable experience will be prepared in order to convince you that we are the best place to stay for visit to Wroclaw. Please excuse the inconvenience expereinced! warm regards
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel the summer of 2012. The location is perfect - just a few steps from the Rynek (square) and you can't really ask for much more else. The hotel itself was very nice. Clean, quiet, friendly staff. I thought it would be noisier, with the Rynek right outside our window, but once you closed the windows you didn't hear a thing.

We were initially put in a smoking room, but were moved as soon as we asked for non-smoking (just good to note if you are booking in advance!). There was a free gym, sauna and steam room too, which was a nice way to relax. I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Wroclaw.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Artmann-Sofitel, Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
thanks for kind comments and sharing them here on tripadvisor. We certainly appreciate your praise and would like to inform you, that we are currently upgrading our steam bath and Jacuzzi to ensure continous satsifaction in this area. We are looking forward to welcome you soon again. warm regards
Drogheda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last year and unfortunately it was not a pleasant stay. However after my review the management emailed me with a very professional response to the issues I had and I would feel it only fair to bring this to the attention of Tripadvisor. As explained I was unable to discuss the issues during my stay due to an early check-out but was very pleased that the management had taken the time after my stay to address the issues I had.
The Management took my complaint seriously even though I had already departed and for this I am very impressed. I was unable to review shortly after this response from the hotel. I will return to this hotel because I feel the issues experienced were one-off unfortunate oversights.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Iv stayed in the Sofitel hotel twice now and plan to stay again in feb. They give a warm, comfy welcome, very helpful and the location is perfect. It's has a modern but class look to it, open planned entrance. The wellness facilities are brilliant, jacuzzi and gym just finishes a busy day off before going back to your well furnished room. I recommended this to all ages, it's a brilliant stay for the price.

• Stayed November 2012
Artmann-Sofitel, Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Mr Jonathan Konk
thanks for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest ensured, that we will take you comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit. Be informed, that we will enhance our spa area in he coming weeks for even more comfort. All the best and see you soon! Warm regards