“It's quite ok but misses out here and there” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Warsaw, Poland
“It's quite ok but misses out here and there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I visited Wroclaw - my hometown, a few days ago and we've decided to meet up with my family for lunch at La Scala - known to be one of the best restaurants in Wroclaw, serving a great choice of Italian dishes.

First things first (and this should be quickly fixed by the managers and owners) - wine list! We were informed that all 4 of our first choices of white wine were "out of stock for some time already". I believe that first of all, the waiter could come up with something a bit less honest - maybe "We are out today". Second of all, if you run out of something on your menu for a longer period of time, just cross it out to make it easier for your clients.

Apart from that, the restaurant serves quite decent Italian dishes, although I could recommend a few other places with much better pricing. Promoting competitors isn't really my thing, so I'll just leave it as it is. Perhaos the price has been changed for the upcoming EURO2012, but either way, it' too expensive for the quality and size of the food being served.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Szczecin, Poland
“used to be one of the best in Wroclaw”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

La Scala in the past was like very good but with years the service and food has gone down . It needs a new general manager as I would say. The service is spoild with the location which is like great and because it is great they have a lot of clients and they don't care anymore so much to have great food and service, I would try a diffrent place in the square

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Probably one of the best places to dine in Wroclaw”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

...I know a lot of restaurants in Wroclaw and there are only few which can compete with this one on food quality. Really delicious Italian cuisine! Ok they could renovate the place a bit as the ambient is not matching the high prices they ask. Still safe bet if you are ready to spend 20-30% more than in other places in old town.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Overijssel
“Two restaurants in one”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The ground floor is a simple bistro. On the first floor is the more luxury Italian restaurant. (Prices are 50% higher there I have heard, but that is because it is more like a real restaurant.) Both floors have their own kitchens. We spend EUR 11,- on a pizza with to large beers in the bistro. Okay, but nothing exciting.

Visited December 2011
Paris
“i don t recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We were looking for good italian place in Wroclaw; having read reviews about this website and seeing restaurant from outside , me and my boyfriend agreed it seems great and we went there for late lunch.
At the beggining everything seemed great; the appetizer we ordered was very tasty ^(broccoli spinach gratin) served with warm delicious bread. We were very surprised when our pizza arrived. Cake felt artificial and all the ingredients were falling off the cake when we tried to grab a piece. We both love all kinds of pizzas but this really didn t taste good, I would even say it had no taste. Terrible experience ....we really felt like complaining a little bit to the waiter; mostly because the place isnt very cheap and the pizza was a supermarket quality; we kindly said that taste isnt good and showed him how everything is just slipping off. He reacted very rude; repeated loudly our words and said that this is how they make their pizza in La Scala. Very intersting way of making pizza....

• Visited December 2011