“Most Wonderful Place on Earth!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Blue Beetroot

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boleslawiec
The Blue Beetroot
You added The Blue Beetroot to your Saves list
Laziska 50, Boleslawiec 59-700, Poland   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Boleslawiec
Zurich, Switzerland
“Most Wonderful Place on Earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

This was my second visit at The Blue Beetroot and third time in Poland. It just keeps getting better and better! If you want to feel wanted and cared for ... absolutely stay at The Blue Beetroot. John, Barbara and Jarek are wonderful ambassadors for Boleslawiec, Lower Silesia and Poland. We have traveled all over the world and make it our "policy" to never visit the same place twice as there are so many interesting places to visit. We have broken our rule with The Blue Beetroot and Poland. Returning was like visiting family. The hotel is clean, safe and has everything you could need - all meals, drinks, cooking lessons, and of course, maps of where to find absolutely stunning pottery. If asked in advance many other activities can be arranged at a very reasonable price - paintball, agate mining, mushrooming, cycling tours, etc. Jarek arranged four us to visit the beautiful city of Wroclaw. Wow! What an amazing city - absolutely more stunning than Krakow. Tak, Polish for yes, is the operational word at The Blue Beetroot. If it is possible the staff will make it happen. Treat yourself to a relaxing holiday in bucolic Poland. You will not be sorry.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
SoManyPlaces2Go77
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

My daughter, friend, and I went on a shopping trip to Boleslawiec and stayed at the Blue Beetroot this past Mother's Day weekend. What a great place to stay! We received a very warm welcome by Jarek and the staff was wonderful the whole entire time we were there. John and Barbara are a fantastic couple and it felt like "home away from home." I wish we could have stayed there longer but now that I know about it, we'll be back for a week's vacation next time. There is so much to do and see other than shopping and this is the perfect place to spend a family vacation. I have been to many hotels here in Europe and this has been the best yet -- I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
KMC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

I give Barbara & John top ratings all around! They have done an amazing job of restoring this 16th Century barn into a comfortable, welcoming retreat. Superb, personal service from every member of the staff, they really make you feel welcome and glad you came. The restaurant's food & drink is great, really no need to go out; but if you do, they are happy to recommend places and directions. I thought the location was perfect; out a little way from town in an area where you can go for a leisurely walk but still close enough to return for lunch or to drop off that first load of polish pottery boxes from the vehicle. There are many things to do in this area, not just pottery shop, and the staff is very accommodating, they will assist with any type of outing you're looking for: cycling, hiking, fishing, hunting, sightseeing. They are currently refurbishing another building to become the stable for horses. Barbara is excited to soon have horses and wagons available to give her guests rides into the pastures & woods. This place will no longer be a "hidden gem" as word of mouth is passing quickly about the Blue Beetroot. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Military Base
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

We stayed over the Easter weekend with my Mother-in-law for our first time to Poland and for great pottery shopping. This place had been recommended by several friends, and once I read it was a restored barn I was sold! With three of us, it was suggested that I ask for the suite, which turned out to be the corner bedroom that was a super place for a family to stay. The living room slash kids or more adults can stay on the 3 single beds in this room that has two love seats/table and chairs, and TV with satellite reception (it's a small TV, and several remotes for the players==DVDs or VCR tapes are provided on the landing outside the room). The bedroom was a double with two bathrooms off this room (that would be the only draw back, no private entrance for the shower/sink room, or the full bath with tub/toilet and sink); this would not be for couples traveling together; families or best friends can deal with going thru your bedroom to the bath easier than strangers! I had the great write up that John/Barbara did about the different pottery locations from a friend, and that was a great guide of how to get from this location (that is east/southeast of town about 5 miles) to the different shops with full details of them taking Euros/Dollars or credit cards, to whether the shops spoke English, or have parking or give discounts!! The breakfast was plenty to eat of the typical European meat/cheese/bread and jam breakfast with jogurt, and fruit served family style...all on Andy's pottery that set the table very nicely! They will give you a discount coupon for Andy's, and once there Andy's will return a discount coupon back to the Blue Beetroot for future stay==great for each place! Because our time was short we didn't get to explore the wonderful write-ups that they had in the room about the area, whether you want to bike ride or go fishing or hiking--they can help you find what you want if you aren't into the pottery experience. The landing outside our room also had a table and chairs, so that was used by other guests for their discussions, or games--sound proof the walls are not, but what do you expect from an old barn!! It was a wonderful experience, and we can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
American living in Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

My Mom and I were able to get away for a few days for our first ever trip together without other family members. The Blue Beetroot was the perfect location. Barbara and John provided a detailed map with a wide variety of places to shop for Polish pottery and other goodies, from what to buy, to what currencies and forms of payments that were accepted and what goods they offered. It made our trip more fulfilling as neither of us speak Polish and could easily have been overwhelmed.

The food was also terrific - we ate all 3 meals there as it was easy to shop and return to the hotel due to the location. Barbara and John even arranged for someone to come to the hotel for private manis and pedis! Best of all, everything was affordable.

This was a delightful trip. We felt as if we were staying in someone's home with a lot of special attention but completely free to come and go. We enjoyed it so much I am taking more family there again this summer and my mom is actually bringing my Dad and my Aunt and Uncle in December. If you want to enjoy a taste of Poland but are nervous about the language barrier and what to do - stay here! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2009
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

This was my second trip to Boleslaawiec for pottery shopping, but discovered there is sooo much more to discover...like this lovely, lovely restful place to stay. Barbara and John are delightful hosts and the guests are made to feel like one of the family. I know I will return for more pottery shopping, but the main goal of my visit will be to enjoy a restful, peaceful few days in the company of wonderful people at the Blue Beetroot. The restaurant's food is delicious and served with a smile.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Military Post, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

I traveled to Poland this past weekend with 2 children and 2 other adults. The inn staff was kind enough to leave the gates open until we arrived. Even then, we got a very warm welcome at 11 pm and even offered to help us with the bags. You get to set up a breakfast time and my son (5yrs) loved breakfast. The staff was kind enough to give us information and tips for things to do in the area. I believe there was a castle but since it was Easter weekend everything was closing down early and we didn't have a chance to visit. Instead we came back to the Inn, shared some apple/raspberry beers, and just chatted away. Lovely People, Delightful Inn, Awesome prices..... What else could you ask for? Nothing. = )

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Blue Beetroot? Share your experiences!