“Almost a Grand ole time” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Hotel Rzeszow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   ul. Dymnickiego 1A, Rzeszow 35-030, Poland   |
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Rzeszow
Sugar Land
“Almost a Grand ole time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed three nights in October in a second floor suite #103 overlooking the street and the near by church. Our best entrance was the coffee shop which opens at 8AM and closes at 8PM. The actual lobby is in the back where the parking is located so remmemebr when you book the front is the back and the back is the front. The suite/room was very nice and large for Europe. There were three of us my wife myself and my mother-in -law.
First annoying room element is the bathroom has a glass door that can be seen from the room entrance. The WC is next to the glass door. The room also has a window into the bathroom shower area. So we made due with placing the bed coverlet over the glass door.
The second item is the room the A/C did not function no cooling,no heating and no fan for the three days and nioghts. Various staff members made 4 trips to the room to assess the situation. "We are very sorrry for this we will get it looked at today". True enough everyone had a look at it. The breakfast is very good, the dinner was OK. Try the Grotesque resturant aross the plaza great food. The location is good for traveling around the city or into the countryside as did on a daily basis. One saving grace was my mother in law spoke Polish so it helped us out tremendously in dealing with some of the staff who knew the typical english "hospitality and resturant phrases"The Grand did comp the onsite parking to make up for the A/C. Very good wine selction in the Hotel and very resonably priced.

Room Tip: Select a room on a higher floor during the weekday the second floor is also the conference room so t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed for three nights in October. The hotel is OK but not I would say up to a Grand standard. We upgraded our room and although it was a large room it was very dark and really not a superior room by European standards. The communal areas were dirty and dusty and lacking lustre. breakfast was OK but we always had to wait a long time for trays to be topped up and 20 minutes for bacon. There are building works going on at the hotel which we were not told about and these will continue into next year. We were woken at 7 each morning with hammering and drilling. A lot of potential with the hotel as it is in a good location but we looked at better hotels nearby. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: See your rooms first and ask about building work
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pontypridd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We decided to fly to rzeszow to see what it was like with Ryanair from Bristol. I am a real trip advisor fan so looked up the hotels and decided to stay at the Grand. It did not disappoint. It is an amazing place. Excellent value for money and the food and the restaurant is simply divine. We had a deluxe room with breakfast and it cost approx £100 for the two of us. The hotel is having some refurbishment but it did not disturb. When it is finished it will be even more luxurious. I had a treatment at the wellness centre and it was amazing. The staff here are friendly and helpful. We will definetly be back and next time bringing the whole family. In the basement of the hotel they have a small ten pin bowling alley. How neat is that???? I certainly recommend this place especially if you are travelling to Rzeszow.

• Stayed October 2012
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I visited this hotel several times already, I have always been very pleased. hotel is located in the heart of downtown, close to the market, but it is very quiet inside. rooms are different, some small and without windows (light reaches the outgoing glass wall of the atrium), but very welcome, and for one night in a fully sufficient. others are larger, even duplexes. restaurant impresses with served dishes (best tables are on the upper floor) there is also at the tapas bar, but I have never seen amsingle guest. Hotel staff is proffesional to the five stars standards!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window, if for more than one night
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed there one night after my friend wedding. I've came across this hotel on the web before, as I was searching for some fun place to stay (they have this cool boutique style suites/apartments). This time I went for standard room since I was attending wedding and wasn't planing to stay in room during the day at all.

Hotel have a very nice interior design. Standard room was small with tiny window but nicely decorated with very nice bathroom with bath tube. Standard twin beds was quite small too, but bed linen was very soft and nice.

Breakfast was very good, with some local specialities besides standard buffet. Best bacon I ever eaten in a hotel! Great value for money.

In general staff was attentive and nice, however front desk person lacked welcoming smile and was a little cold as If he wasn't sure If we deserve to be checked in. But it might be just my impression after recent travels to USA, where everyone is smiling to you no matter what.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Izmir, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed Grand Hotel one night which was lovely and enjoyable stay. The rooms are extremely beautifull , nicely decorated and comfortable . I still have business relations in Strazow so I will make this hotel like my second home in Poland with no exceptions.
Strongly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently stayed at the Grand with my family and friends as i was getting Married in Rzeszow. Having looked around the Hotel first i knew this would blow everyone away.

All the rooms are individually designed to a superb standard and you'd easily expect to pay 4-5 times the price in any other major European City. The reception staff are professional, very helpful and speak many languages fluently and make you feel welcome.

We were even upgraded to a huge superior room on our last night when they were told of our marriage with 2 x double beds pushed together which was lush thanks to the manager on duty.

It was mentioned that the owners didnt really have much previous industry experience before this venture but based on my observations they certainly know how how to make their guests feel comfortable which boasts a very ambient bar in the basement to boot.

Keep up the good work! ;-)

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic, just depends on your budget!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends