“Pyphonesque with few laughs!” 3 of 5 stars

Albatros
ul. Ofiar Katynia 26, Przemysl 37-700, Poland   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Przemysl
Worcestershire
“Pyphonesque with few laughs!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

The hotel has a pythonesque name, ‘Albatross’, but my wife cannot see the funny side. No sooner is she out of the car, than a mosquito bites her on her face on exactly the spot, where she was previously bitten and from which she was slowly recovering. She was in danger of looking like John Merrick (the Elephant Man). I hope that she can treat the bite before she has an adverse reaction.
I am pleasantly surprised by the hotel, despite the name. However our expectations (that’s’ Anne and mine) are a tad different. Granted the room was hot, had no air conditioning and must have been in full sun most of the day. The bed, a big double was comfortable and the bedding was clean with cotton sheets and duvets. The en-suite had a shower and was also very clean. There appeared to be no secure car park for the hotel and we placed our car at the very front beneath our window. The reception staff did say that CCTV covered the spot where the car was parked and that there would be no problem. Nevertheless, we still took most of our belongings back to the room.
We looked at the restaurant, but had no appetite for a big meal, so decided to have a sandwich in the room, with bread and meat that we had for our journey.

While Anne had a shower and washed her hair, I watched Poland play Mexico at football, well for the first half, then had to go to bed, I was shattered.
I awake just after 6 a.m. It is just about dusk, I feel I have slept well, but am weary. Anne is also tired. I figure that we can miss breakfast in the hotel and perhaps have an early start. We have milk and cereal with us. But amongst my to-ing and fro-ing, I lose the key for the room. We have a half hour of dismantling then reassembling the various items we have brought with us. I figure that I will pay for the hotel whilst we are still packing, perhaps they won’t ask for the key. Whilst at reception, I ask if it will be cheaper as we are not going to have breakfast, the receptionist explains that breakfast is in with the room rate.
I have one last look for the room key on the room floor and find it nestled at the side of the bedside table.
Any time advantage we had has now been lost so we relent and at 7 a.m. decide to have breakfast in the hotel. We are the only guests for a while at breakfast. It is a substantial affair, cold meats, cheese, bread, jam, butter and scrambled eggs, also as much tea and coffee that you can drink.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are out of the sun and away from the road.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Kiev, Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011 via mobile

We were stay for one night. It was quite good and enough for family with small children.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Albatros? Share your experiences!