“Cozy cafe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Camelot

Cafe Camelot
ul. Sw. Tomasza 17, Krakow 31-022, Poland (Stare Miasto)
+4812 421 01 23
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 889 Restaurants in Krakow
Good for: Romance, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Turku, Finland
“Cozy cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this place by a local person, so se just had to check it out and especially my wice fell in love with it so we had to return here a couple of times. I would say that it's more a cafe than a restaurant, at least when it comes to the interior, but they do serve excellent dishes along the day. Fresh sallads and pies, but myself I fell for their sweet cakes. The do serve alkohol. They have have a small outdoor area, but I think it's nice to sit inside due to the nice interior. It seems to be run by a fairly young crew, but their nice and the service is good. Once when we were there it was completely full, so the staff told us that we might have to wait a while for our order, but in the end it didn't take more then twenty minutes. The place seems to be popular among the local young aduöts in the evenings. There's an interior shop upstairs, but I don't think there's an inner entrance and I don't know it's owned by the same people, but it's worth to ne checked out.

Visited March 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Krakow, Poland
“Good Central but Quite Location.Food OK.SERVICE -Miserable!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Good Points:
Location 2 Minutes from Rynek Glowny-The Main Famous Centre Krakow Square.
Just off Jana on Tomasza.
On an Interesting Road full of Diverse Shops and restaurants.
The Food and Prices are reasonable.
Good for Summer as many tables outside and Unusual layout inside.
BUT BUT BUT.
The Service!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat outside as it was hot on Sunday July 20th with my family.
Waited and Waited and Waited.
Saw waitresses with Menus going inside but could I get them to give us one or clear our table.
No -they just kept on waving at us to wait.
Seeing as they were walking by with bundles of menus-could they leave us one-Supposedly No.
They were far too busy!
Finally a girl came up to us-cleared our table with a Face that could turn a school of Children to Stone!!!
No hallo,no tiny smile,absolutely NOTHING.
Why or Why does Camelot employ Staff who Hate their work.
You will if visiting Krakow find other restaurants with similar staffing problems,but Camelot is one of the Worst,
If you are willing to be very patient,and are not bothered with receiving Service with a Smile-risk it.
I will not anymore,which is a shame as I have offices just 3 minutes away,.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Horsens, Denmark
“Cozy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Nice place with possibility to sit out and view the Krakow city life. Food was fine, and staff was very friendly. Had the chicken pie and pannini which was satisfying as a light snack on a hot day.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paphos, Cyprus
“Try apple pie!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

we have beem twice in camelot cafe during our holidays in Krakow. The first time we order apple pie. It came with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, 2 slices of water-melon, strawberries and berries, it was delicious. The second time we ordered salads, i liked there sauces however i didn't like the big pieces of lettuce, i couldn't eat them or cut them as the plate was small. Nice, chill-out atmosphere. There are indoor and outside tables and a nice hidden garden. i liked also the interior designing

Visited June 2014
Karachi, Pakistan
“A very nice start to the Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had our first meal (breakfast) at Camelot on June 29, 2014. What a lovely atmosphere this Sunday morning in June, sitting under the umbrella, in the shade, and with the pleasant temperature. A nice garden experience. Between the four of us, my wife & I ordered freshly baked croissants, our friend Ewa had scrambled eggs and our her mother in law a yoghurt. I had a hot chocolate with cinnamon & apples...ummmm, delicious! (oh...and topped with whipped cream!). I would have gone for a much heavier breakfast for sure but we wanted to have all three meals in this lovely City, so avoided it with a heavy heart. The service was friendly and pleasant. It was expensive though- value for price paid- but no complaints. They don't take credit cards. An overall excellent experience and one which I would definetly recommend onwards.

• Visited June 2014