“What an AMAZING PLACE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orlowska Townhouse

You added Orlowska Townhouse to your Saves list
Orlowska Townhouse
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   ul. Slawkowska 26 | Cracow Old Town, Krakow 31014, Poland (Formerly Apartments Slawkowska 26)   |
Ranked #1 of 110 Krakow B&B and Inns
Atlanta, GA
“What an AMAZING PLACE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

This place far exceeded our expectations. The location was perfect, the room was spacious and clean and Agnes, the manager was very gracious - even loaned us a laptop to use in our room. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Columbia, SC, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

The hotel is located in the historic center of Krakow, close to everything. Walking distance (7 min) from the main train station where a comfortable train ($3) takes you from the airport every 30 min. When you get there, look for the restaurant sign ("Cyrano de Bergerac"). Hotel does not have a separate sign, I guess simply because in a place like that it does not need to advertise. The location is very safe, I walked the streets up to 2-3 AM and didn't see any problems around.

The stuff is extremely friendly and everybody speaks English. I got help with printing, transportation, local shops advice, etc. BTW, if your cell phone uses the GSM standard and is "international" (i.e., works with the European frequency band), you can buy a pay-as-you-go local number (SIM card) for about $2 with about 10c/min rate. Great for keeping in touch if you have a large group of people.

The hotel is in a historic building. The windows of my room faced a cobbled street with horse carriages riding along (granted, it is a tourist thing, but think about hearing the sound of a horse carriage as you wake up). You get the keys from the building and when you return after hours you actually open the giant wooden door of the "kamienica" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamienica_%28architecture%29). It's like you were transported back in time to the 18th century. However, inside it is completely renovated with all modern conveniences, new bathrooms, etc. You get a sizable kitchen with the stove, microwave, toaster, dishes, and all-new and shiny utensils. The room is huge with antique furniture in it. I was very impressed by the room design. These people really have a good taste.

As you can tell, this is not exactly a cheapo hotel, but in terms of value for money it is the best I've seen. Great place to stay, no matter what is the nature of your trip to Krakow. There nothing I didn't like about my stay at Orlowska Apartments, except for the fact that eventually you have to leave :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We recently stayed in these apartments, and the rooms were lovely, extremely clean. There was some noise from the main road, but we did expect that as the location of the apartment to the town square was extremely close. Everything was great, until we came to leave. I called the reception(as it was impossible to find the office and there was no front desk) I spoke to a lady that could speak French and Polish, but not English, therefore there was a communication breakdown, I asked if she would come to the room, as I needed to go to the airport, she said she would be come to the room in 5 minutes, unfortunately she never came and I ended up asking a man who was opening the bar downstaris if he new who I could give the apartment key to, he was very kind and rung the gilr that could speak english and she organised for me to give the man the key so that we could go and catch our flight. If I had not bumped into the man opening up, I am not sure we would have made our flight.
I have stayed at many hotels around the world and have never come across such a communication breakdown, I understand that not everyone speaks english, but the lady was actually scared to try to communicate, she constantly spoke in french, even after I expleined I did not speak French. My suggestion to the hotel is that if you know that you have english speaking guests checking out on the day, then never to have that lady on the reception, as it was due to her that we nearly missed our flight!
In saying that I would recommend the hotel as it was beautiful, just check where to drop off the keys when you check in!!!!!

South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Fantastic location in Krakow Old Town. We stayed in the 1930's Apartment and true to it's word the decor was original furnishings, but with a modern well equiped kitchen and bathroom. We loved the balcony for evening drinks, casual breakfasts and fresh air. Impossible to believe that you are literally 2 minutes from the main square Rynek Glowny and the only noise you hear is cooing of the pidgeons. Great restaurants in the same street and terrific Piekarnia (pastry shop) with yummy pastries for breakfast at No. 24. We stayed for 5 nights and wished it could have been for longer.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We absolutely loved the apartment we stayed in. It was stylish, wonderfully equipped and ideally located in an atmospheric street. Agnes could not have been more helpful. If you want to experience the history of Krakow and feel part of the fabric and tradition of the city then this is the perfect place to say.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Grimsby UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We stayed four nights in the loft apartment and would recommend it to anyone wanting a base to explore the beautiful city of Krakow. It's location is ideal for the main square and is only a short walk from the bus and railway station for those who would like to explore further afield.
The apartment was spotlessly clean, spacious, and with a fully equipped kitchen, should you not want to take advantage of the many excellent (cheap) restaurants. It was also very quiet considering it's proximity to the city centre.
My wife and I have no hesitation in recommending the Orlowska Townhouse apartments to anyone, it deserves it's No1 ranking without question

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I found the Orlowska to be a perfect spot for a two-night Krakow stay. Very centrally located and with excellent service, including a very nice pancake breakfast both nights. Management was very understanding and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Orlowska Townhouse? Share your experiences!