The hotel is located in the historic center of Krakow, close to everything. Walking distance (7 min) from the main train station where a comfortable train ($3) takes you from the airport every 30 min. When you get there, look for the restaurant sign ("Cyrano de Bergerac"). Hotel does not have a separate sign, I guess simply because in a place like that it does not need to advertise. The location is very safe, I walked the streets up to 2-3 AM and didn't see any problems around.
The stuff is extremely friendly and everybody speaks English. I got help with printing, transportation, local shops advice, etc. BTW, if your cell phone uses the GSM standard and is "international" (i.e., works with the European frequency band), you can buy a pay-as-you-go local number (SIM card) for about $2 with about 10c/min rate. Great for keeping in touch if you have a large group of people.
The hotel is in a historic building. The windows of my room faced a cobbled street with horse carriages riding along (granted, it is a tourist thing, but think about hearing the sound of a horse carriage as you wake up). You get the keys from the building and when you return after hours you actually open the giant wooden door of the "kamienica" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamienica_%28architecture%29). It's like you were transported back in time to the 18th century. However, inside it is completely renovated with all modern conveniences, new bathrooms, etc. You get a sizable kitchen with the stove, microwave, toaster, dishes, and all-new and shiny utensils. The room is huge with antique furniture in it. I was very impressed by the room design. These people really have a good taste.
As you can tell, this is not exactly a cheapo hotel, but in terms of value for money it is the best I've seen. Great place to stay, no matter what is the nature of your trip to Krakow. There nothing I didn't like about my stay at Orlowska Apartments, except for the fact that eventually you have to leave :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antique furniture, persian rugs, unique atmosphere in a 17th century Townhouse in the heart of Krakow, one minute walk from the Market Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Orlowska Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlowska Townhouse Hotel Krakow
- Apartments Slawkowska 26 Krakow