“Fantastic menu” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Farina Restaurant

Farina Restaurant
ul. Sw. Marka 16 | ul. Sw. Jana, Krakow 31-018, Poland (Stare Miasto)
+48 12 422 16 80
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 845 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Description: Fish is the base of Farina's menu as well as the flour. That is why they appear on our restaurant's logo. Both are not only healthy but also very useful for thousands of intriguing dishes. Flour, on our logo represented with a sack, symbolizes pasta, ravioli, delicate rolls prepared in our kitchen as well as traditional Polish dumplings. These fresh, natural ingredients influenced by temperamental and passionate culinary interpretation gain a unique character and inspire the cooks to try extra ordinary combinations.We are trying our best to develop the taste of Polish cuisine by adding new ingredients and culinary compositions which are unusual for it. For that reason Farina serves also seafood: oysters, shrimps, bivalves, crabs and octopus. This is precisely our own idea of cuisine in Farina Restaurant.
York
“Fantastic menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Visited for slow, cool lunch. Beautiful setting with simple rooms and layout. Ate grilled vegetables followed by lobster and tagliatelle. Everything just delicious and wonderful service.

• Polish first
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We ate there last night, our last night in Poland. Absolutely first class for both food & service. We had the fish soup, prawns in honey & chilli to start. Green Tai curry & spaghetti seafood for main course, creme brulee & apple pie for dessert. All courses were delucious. If you seek out one special restaurant during your stay make it this one.

Sweden
“Delicious food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My friend and I went there for dinner on Sunday. We did not book but there was no problem. I had fish soup and fish dish and both were delicious. Pan fried fish was cooked perfectly. I ordered potato dumplings (gnocchi) as a side and it was cooked well as well. It was filling though so I will try different side dish next time. My friend had soup, home made pasta and dessert and she liked them all. The staff were attentive and we did not wait much until the dishes came. We drunk wine too but the total cost was not so much. I would definitely visit this restaurant again when I am back in Krakow.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Really great food with some interesting menu options. The prawns in honey and chilli sauce was amazing. Would go again.

Hawthorne, New Jersey
“So good I went there again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I dined at Farina on Friday (6/6/14). The staff was welcoming and I ordered a house wine. When presented with the menu I ordered four oysters. The bread came along with an amazing mushroom/garlic paste -- it was delicious. The oysters were too large for my taste but good nonetheless. I'd asked the waitress her preference between the duck breast and the veal shank; she preferred the duck. The duck was outstanding and cooked to perfection -- be sure to order the boiled potatoes which were also good.
I usually do not go back to a restaurant so soon but the food was so compelling I returned today to try the veal shank. The meat was tender and well cooked and I finished off the meal with the apple pie.
Farina is a 'home run' as restaurants go and a must see for visitors to Krakow.

• Visited June 2014