“Hidden 'GEM'” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 247 Hotels in Krakow
Burntwood, United Kingdom
“Hidden 'GEM'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The hotel is situated in a very quaint square about 10 minutes walk from the main square in Krakow. We arrived earlier than expected but none the less we were shown to our rooms without any delay. Our room was huge and traditionally furnished. Everything was spotlessly clean and the bathroom was a little piece of luxury. The beds were very comfortable. Could not fault the service from any of the staff who spoke excellent English and could not do enough to help. The breakfast was buffet style and had everything you would expect. Hot food was cooked to order which meant it arrived hot and fresh.
Krakow is a very beautiful city and the locals very friendly. The main reason for going to Krakow was to visit Auschwitz which was very sobering and humbling . . . a must! The salt mines are a must too!! I travelled to Auschwitz and the salt mines by train which is so cheap and drops you off within easy walking distance. Much better than paying a premium for an organised trip. Excellent hotel and I will return again in the future. Very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Todmorden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed here with my husband on a recent trip to Krakow. What a beautiful setting! The hotel was really comfortable and very well positioned. However, it was the restaurant that really impressed us. I didn't know what to expect in terms of food in Krakow but we were definitely not disappointed. It was fine dining at affordable prices. The staff just could not do enough for us and they were so helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I have recently returned from another wonderful visit to Krakow and stayed once again in our favourite hotel The Rubinstein Residence. Having stayed here FOUR times already and booked again for December surely this tells you how impressed we are with it !
The reason we actually have returned so often to Krakow is really all down to the Rubinstein ! The location , the ambiance , the management and staff , the wonderful food and exceptional customer service are second to none. Nothing is too much trouble for the management and staff . At all times they are friendly , courteous , professional and very approachable. This is a beautiful hotel , such a blissful and relaxing place to unwind and de-stress after a days sightseeing or shopping .Sitting outside under a parasol watching the horse drawn carriages trot by whilst sipping a cold drink or having a latte or relaxing with a cocktail on the roof top terrace all makes for a blissful relaxing time. We are so looking forward to our next visit.
The food is a culinary delight and the chef's tasting menu is a wonderful showcase of his talents. The service is impeccable and unobtrusive ....which makes for a lovely romantic relaxed dining experience in the glass roofed award wining restaurant . The Rubinstein Residence is a beautiful , elegant hotel where you can be assured of the best food and customer service ...management and staff are focused on making your stay pleasant and enjoyable and all are fantastic ambassadors for the hotel and Krakow. Thank you to everyone at The Rubinstein Residence for making us so welcome once again and for your outstanding hospitality .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel is a little off the crazy tourist path of the old town, although it is in the busiest part of Kazimierz, I'd still choose this location over the old town.
I had researched and booked our Poland hotels months in advance, on Tingo.com (great prices and I got money back after rates dropped) . I chose this hotel because of it's old world romantic feel and the fact that it had a gym - my husbands only requirement. I'd made a second booking for one night a few weeks after my first booking. When we arrived, there were quizzical looks when trying to find both our reservations. It seemed our first one night reservation had been double booked due to some administrative glitch which apparently had other guests ferried off to other hotels. Our only option was to stay across the street in an apartment, which was not part of the hotel. The staff asked us to stay in the apartment for the remaining 3 nights due to the double booking issue. Although the staff went out of the way to make us as comfortable as possible (including supplying us with extra blankets because there was no heating in the apartment) , I was miffed that I didn't get my romantic hotel and marble bath. In the end, hubby was thrilled at the extra space and the full kitchen and we were able to check out late, so that was a bonus. The hotel no longer has a gym which was an issue for hubby, but seriously, who wants to work out in a gym when you can walk around beautiful Krakow?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

The hotel is in a good location, breakfast is simple but good enough.
The complaint I have about this hotel is that I have booked a single room and all the single rooms have window facing inside the building only, meaning that we can not get fresh air inside the room.
When I asked in the reception to get a room with window facing outside the building, all the person in the reception could say was that they were fully booked. As I continued insisting, he finally said I had pay 150 zloty a day to upgrade to a double room. I did pay for the upgrade and then the room was ok, spacious with nice bathroom.
However, I found that the staff was not helpful, as he said the information about the hotel was available in their website (should I had infered that window to courtyard means that you can not get air inside?). Next time I visit Kraków I will look for another hotel.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spent three nights with friends (total of 4 rooms) in this delightfull hotel. Most friendly staff. Hotel well positioned in the Jewish quarter, for use as a base for touring. No problem getting Taxi or buggys outside hotel. Less than 20 minutes walk/stroll to main Square. Excellent breakfast with good choice which is available from 7am to 11am. Recommend to anybody taking a city break.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

What a fabulous 4 day trip. Cannot fault the Hotel Rubenstein. Helpful staff. Good food. Fantastic location in the heart of the Kazimiez district. Lots of places to see within walking distance. Very comfortable beds and a great bathroom and shower. Will most certainly be recommending this as the place to stay. I travelled with my daughter my sister and a friend. Despite there being a varied age difference we all agreed that this hotel was good value. On our tours when other people were being picked up from their hotels we realised how lucky we were to be in such a great location.

Room Tip: Although rooms little dated they were still very comfortable. Bathroom excellent