“Actually I liked it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #200 of 236 hotels in Krakow
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Actually I liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Well, everybody's raving about how bad it is, but I don't see why. I enjoyed stay here. Service was great, room was clean and food was good.
I loved the pool and sauna they got there. It is very nice to rest in pool after whole day in Krakow.
Location is not very good but there is no problem to get into city pretty quickly.
I liked it and I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel October 2010 with my partner, room was very basic, shower room was very smelly, smell of sewage! Beds were pretty hard so difficult to sleep in. I was concerened when looking our room when heading out as doors did not seem very secure. It was very cheap and we did only use it as a base for showering and sleeping so we didnt spend too much time. We thought there might have been somewhere nearby for some breakfast but the town centre was about 20 minutes away by bus or taxi, so we paid extra for breakfast at the hotel, this consisted of cereal, hams, cheese, bread, was ok for what we paid. We didnt use the pool at all and didnt see anyone in it. It is in amongst houses and is a good 5 min walk to main road where you will get a bus to Krakow town centre. We booked trips before heading to poland, which i am glad we did or else we would have been charged a fortune, I also booked transfers through tour operators, which are called Krakowdirect.com. All in all i would go back again as it was pretty cheap, you get what you pay for. Go with an open mind, do not go expecting some luxury hotel as it isnt!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

please do not stop here. Its in the middle of a housing estate, has no bar just a fridge to buy cans from . no kettle or fridge in the room and very dirty. Spend a bit more to be centrel or you will spend all your money on taxis like us because its to far to walk anywhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
falkirk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here in June 2012 for 2 nights. Having read the reviews on here before we travelled I was dreading the place but was pleasantly surprised on arrival. The hotel was clean and tidy inside and the staff were friendly and helpfull. The room was possibly the smallest twin room I'd seen and the ensuite was even smaller but both were clean and tidy.
The hotel is just under 6 km from Krakow centre so taxis are the only way to travell. These cost aproximately £4 gbp, each way unless after midnight when the price would double. The staff on reception had no problem arranging taxis for us and they usually arrived within 3 minutes.
It is at the end of a housing estate but it is a very private and exclusive estate making for a pleasant quiet stay. The hotel grounds were a bit unkempt with small amounts of building rubbish in some areas. (looks like work in progress).
The dining room is only open for breakfast and the bar never opened at all but this did not detract from an all together pleasant stay. If needed there are fridges around the reception area which contain beer, juices, sweets and ice creams but can only be accessed by reception staff.
To sum up I'd say it fitted the bill for a cheap quiet place to rest your head. We enjoyed ourselves in Krakow and the stay in Hotel Daisy certainly did not mar our visit.

Room Tip: Try to book a larger room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

swimming pool -cold , dirty salty water,
arrogant owner, book it if youre planing to spent less than $ 10 / night

Room Tip: there is no ggod rooms there
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed in the Superior room for two nights. It was nice and clean, smelled nice. The breakfast was nice, too. The staff at the reception was kind, answered all our questions. They can speak English.
We travelled by car, however, we took bus 152 to the downtown which is just 15 minute ride from the hotel and you don't need to bother with parking in the city which is paid.

Room Tip: I'd definately prefer the superior rooms from the standard ones.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Camberley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here in a standard room. The hotel is located in the middle of a housing estate, and is in the middle of nowhere. Forgetting that travel agents walk 10x quicker than most other people, I booked due to the cheap price, thinking I could wander round Krakow and use it as a base. This gets very expensive, as unless you fancy a brisk 45 minute walk along a main road, you will not be seeing the city unless you get a taxi. The rank is about 10 minutes walk away, and there is not always taxis there. If you are lucky you might get to wait there whilst the local weirdos who hang around outside the off-license shout things at you.

The "Bed" wasn't even a bed - it was a sofa thing with a cheap tiger blanket over the top. This thing gave off so much static I was worried it was going to connect with one of the numerous loose cables and dodgy wiring that is littered around your tiny room. Constant static shocks are not conductive to a good nights sleep.

The staff were something else- I have never met an unfriendlier bunch in my life. I have no idea if they were there against their wills but I felt like an inconvenience rather than a guest. I understand there is a bar but to be frank I was concerned I would be strung up if I asked it to be opened. I was relieved that throughout my 7 nights here, they did not bother to clean my room or replace my towels once. The "guest garden" is an unkempt lawn littered with fag butts and covered in broken garden furniture. The TVs don't work and were purchased in the 1980s by the looks of things (probably installed when they last cleaned the rooms).

Yes it is cheap, but this time cheapness comes at a price - you won't sleep, you will spend all your money on taxis, and you will be terrified of the staff. Please, please, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Daisy? Share your experiences!